Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

I don't think the plan was for Agholor to come in & be Maclin right away. I imagine Chip expected he would develop into his replacement over the course of 2 or 3 years, which he may still.

Austin though, yeah, that was crap.

See that's a fine plan...if you didn't trade for a veteran QB. I mean of course Nelson wasn't gonna replace Maclin as a rook. Just makes you wonder where Chip saw that consistency and production coming from. Just one of his things...talent walks out the door and minimal planning to replace it

See that's a fine plan...if you didn't trade for a veteran QB. I mean of course Nelson wasn't gonna replace Maclin as a rook. Just makes you wonder where Chip saw that consistency and production coming from. Just one of his things...talent walks out the door and minimal planning to replace it

Chip Kelly acted like a drunk WIP caller who would call around 11PM, to discuss his logic in trades during the 2015 offseason.  Usually the "sober?" WIP host would question his ideas, and kick him off the air due to his ridiculous hypothesis'

Say what you want about Roseman, his moves show during this current off season that he was more qualified for (whatever the Eagles call it since Lurie is afraid to say GM) than Chip Kelly.  

While the SF FO claimed that after Kelly was hired;  he would have no input in terms of front office decisions. Yet the first draft pick happens to be a Kelly college recruit from Oregon.  It's obvious Kelly the snake charmer is infecting the Niners. 

Unless Kelly has altered his playbook, and pace, this will not end well.  

I don't think the plan was for Agholor to come in & be Maclin right away. I imagine Chip expected he would develop into his replacement over the course of 2 or 3 years, which he may still.

Austin though, yeah, that was crap.

Even more reason to tag Maclin if that was his plan.

Chip Kelly acted like a drunk WIP caller who would call around 11PM, to discuss his logic in trades during the 2015 offseason.  Usually the "sober?" WIP host would question his ideas, and kick him off the air due to his ridiculous hypothesis'

Say what you want about Roseman, his moves show during this current off season that he was more qualified for (whatever the Eagles call it since Lurie is afraid to say GM) than Chip Kelly.  

While the SF FO claimed that after Kelly was hired;  he would have no input in terms of front office decisions. Yet the first draft pick happens to be a Kelly college recruit from Oregon.  It's obvious Kelly the snake charmer is infecting the Niners. 

Unless Kelly has altered his playbook, and pace, this will not end well.  

The hate triple threat.

:mellow2:

The hate 3?

The hate squad?

:roll:  :roll:

The hate triple threat.

The hate 3?

The hate squad?

Your mom is calling you, the pop tarts are ready.

The hate triple threat.

The hate 3?

The hate squad?

:roll::roll:

What was it about Chip Kelly that made you a football fan?

The adorable grown-man-with-a-child's-nickname?

The no huddle, face paced offense that died in the red zone?

The non-existent adjustments in game situations?

The 25 assistant coaches on the sidelines calling in plays like Marlee Matlin?

The signs with Rocky, cheesesteaks, and the Phanatic that made real football coaches cringe with embarrassment?

It was the visor, wasn't it?

:roll:

What was it about Chip Kelly that made you a football fan?

The adorable grown-man-with-a-child's-nickname?

The no huddle, face paced offense that died in the red zone?

The non-existent adjustments in game situations?

The signs with Rocky, cheesesteaks, and the Phanatic that made real football coaches cringe with embarrassment?

It was the visor, wasn't it?

It was all of it.

Now answer this for me...   why do you have such a miserable existence that you have to hate on a football coach when football is not that serious?

Is it wrong that I laughed?

:unsure:

:lol:

It was all of it.

Now answer this for me...   why do you have such a miserable existence that you have to hate on a football coach when football is not that serious?

Probably the same reason you feel the need to staunchly defend him in every thread.

The irony is rescondent.

He also happens to be a pretty good player.

No, I agree. I wish he had.

The issue with Maclin was Reid was all over his jock flashing 100's in his face and Chip was giving him the cold shoulder. Maclin said all he wanted was the Eagles to show him some love and KC was the only team making the effort. So, yeah, Chip's fault.

The hate triple threat.

The hate 3?

The hate squad?

My Youtube offer still stands, you need to defeat UK trolls from across the pond with your stunning ability to defend the indefensible. You need to go international, and you truly have a gift of no memory. 

I was a Chip Kelly fan until November 2015.  How many times do I need to type it?  Kelly bailed on the Eagles.  If you didn't see it, you're blind.  Jeff Lurie for once made the smartest decision since he became owner in 1994.  Deal with it.  

He also happens to be a pretty good player.

So it's just a coincidence that Kelly recruited him out of high school?  While he may be the best choice for Niners, I know Chip Kelly is already sticking his fingers into pies the Niners promised the fans he would not touch under this new regime.  

I'll be very curious if Kelly is willing to adapt in SF.  The defense is going to suck, since the DC makes Billy Davis look like Bud Carson.   Is that hate or reality? 

So it's just a coincidence that Kelly recruited him out of high school? 

In this case, yeah, as unlikely as I know it may look. Just happened that everything came together on that one.

It was all of it.

Now answer this for me... why do you have such a miserable existence that you have to hate on a football coach when football is not that serious?

The love is interminable.

In this case, yeah, as unlikely as I know it may look. Just happened that everything came together on that one.

From a cynical mind, I believe Tom Gamble, and Chip Kelly are trying to diminish the GM in terms of power.  It happened here, except that Lurie was smart enough to keep Roseman around to repair Kelly's mess. 

While the pick was logical, I know the SF GM is now looking over his shoulder.  

I just had the Eureka moment.

Chip Kelly and Gamble, are a duo preying on teams with recent bad drafts only to convince their owners' that they can do better than the schmuck the owner hired as GM.   When Roseman fired Gamble, Kelly took that as an insult, and a challenge.  Lurie allowed Kelly to fall into his trap, and here we are. 

From a cynical mind, I believe Tom Gamble, and Chip Kelly are trying to diminish the GM in terms of power.  It happened here, except that Lurie was smart enough to keep Roseman around to repair Kelly's mess. 

Chip Kelly and Gamble, are a duo preying on teams with recent bad drafts only to convince their owners' that they can do better than the schmuck the owner hired as GM.   When Roseman fired Gamble, Kelly took that as an insult, and a challenge.  Lurie allowed Kelly to fall into his trap, and here we are. 

My goodness gracious.

From a cynical mind, I believe Tom Gamble, and Chip Kelly are trying to diminish the GM in terms of power. It happened here, except that Lurie was smart enough to keep Roseman around to repair Kelly's mess.

Chip Kelly and Gamble, are a duo preying on teams with recent bad drafts only to convince their owners' that they can do better than the schmuck the owner hired as GM. When Roseman fired Gamble, Kelly took that as an insult, and a challenge. Lurie allowed Kelly to fall into his trap, and here we are.

Take off the tin foil hat, put down the crack pipe or get on some meds. You're crazy.

image.png

They should probably try winning some playoff games before enacting weird power struggle strategies on their organizations. Because if you don't win, your whole multi-layered conspiracy theory is gonna fall kinda flat. 

I happen to think Kelly will do a good job at the Niners but he needs to learn and he needs to change.

My friend is a huge Niners fan and he's not best pleased by the appointment. Especially after spending so much of the season mocking me.

But I think they'll be OK.

He needs to learn to handle big stars better otherwise he's doomed. You can't move on the big names all the time just because they have a voice. That's a mistake that I think he made in Philly and it cost him. He's got to accept that in the NFL some players have big personalities and will make themselves heard. These guys are professionals who in a lot of cases have been around a long time and know their stuff. They aren't college kids who want to do right by the coach to give them the best chance of one day playing in the NFL.

He's also got to increase the size of his playbook as its too predictable. Simple plays are great and effective but from time to time take a shot down field.

And he also needs to learn about clock management. Playing up tempo again is great but you put pressure on your defense if you can't keep the chains moving. In some situations just slow things down a bit and manage the clock.

He's got an extremely talented D to work with in San Fran and finally a mobile run option QB which is what he needs right?! Hang on this was the same guy that traded for Bradford right? Mr Immobile himself!

Anyway, I hope Chip does well in San Fran. Not too well and certainly no Lombardi before we've done it but I hope he's a success. A lot of his ideas and concepts are genius and you need guys like that to push the NFL on. You need these innovative guys with their new approaches to make franchises sit up and consider. I was glad when we announced he'd been sacked because it went sour in Philly but I do hope he's a success.

Thats the thing. They went down the field a lot with Foles, Jackson and Maclin. Used a more varied playbook as well. Then he got rid of them, and Mccoy as well. Less talent = less varied playbook.

They should probably try winning some playoff games before enacting weird power struggle strategies on their organizations. Because if you don't win, your whole multi-layered conspiracy theory is gonna fall kinda flat. 

You're the only one who had a reply that resembled logic.  Gamble, and Kelly see Trent Baalke as another Howie Roseman.   Kelly can't see that he's the problem why the Niners couldn't sign any FA's.  I just found this on ESPN.com

San Francisco 49ers Transactions -

No 2016 transactions available.

The only way Gamble and Kelly think they have a chance is to take power away from Baalke during the NFL draft.  You think I'm nuts, but many of you are out to lunch. Chip Kelly is living in the real world of the NFL ever since he had to accept a DC that makes Billy Davis look like Jim Johnson.