Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

You're the only one who had a reply that resembled logic.  Gamble, and Kelly see Trent Baalke as another Howie Roseman.   Kelly can't see that he's the problem why the Niners couldn't sign any FA's.  I just found this on ESPN.com

San Francisco 49ers Transactions -

No 2016 transactions available.

The only way Gamble and Kelly think they have a chance is to take power away from Baalke during the NFL draft.  You think I'm nuts, but many of you are out to lunch. Chip Kelly is living in the real world of the NFL ever since he had to accept a DC that makes Billy Davis look like Jim Johnson.   

Did the 49ers WANT to sign any FAs?

Overall, while the 49ers are a dumpster fire, I just don't think there's any grand conspiracy. At least not yet. All these guys need to succeed together, or all of them will be looking for work very soon. Your whole theory could be happening...sure...but there are too many things going wrong within that FO to expend energy trying to win office battles. The war is gonna be on the field and on the score board. AFTER Kelly has proven he knows what he's doing...THEN he can try to swing some internal stuff his way. 

Right now it's too early...not buying it. 

You're the only one who had a reply that resembled logic.  Gamble, and Kelly see Trent Baalke as another Howie Roseman.   Kelly can't see that he's the problem why the Niners couldn't sign any FA's.  I just found this on ESPN.com

San Francisco 49ers Transactions -

No 2016 transactions available.

The only way Gamble and Kelly think they have a chance is to take power away from Baalke during the NFL draft.  You think I'm nuts, but many of you are out to lunch. Chip Kelly is living in the real world of the NFL ever since he had to accept a DC that makes Billy Davis look like Jim Johnson.   

:roll:  :roll:

Stop.

Just...         stop.

:roll:

Stop.

Just...         stop.

:nonono:  If you're this blind, become a BronxNiner fan this year.  If you're that committed that Chip Kelly is the modern Vince Lombardi, as I thought he was in 2013, then man up and preach how Lurie fired the golden coach prematurely.  Kelly doesn't adjust to adversity very well, it was obvious last season. Kelly made Reid look like a mature adult during Reid's poor seasons, and Kelly's season ended with a 7-9 record.  By the way Kelly behaved, and gave up on the team, Kelly treated the Eagles as if they were 4-12.  Loser head coach, when it counts.  

Fly away BronxEagle...err BronxNiner, oh splat, Niners don't fly. 

Did the 49ers WANT to sign any FAs?

Overall, while the 49ers are a dumpster fire, I just don't think there's any grand conspiracy. At least not yet. All these guys need to succeed together, or all of them will be looking for work very soon. Your whole theory could be happening...sure...but there are too many things going wrong within that FO to expend energy trying to win office battles. The war is gonna be on the field and on the score board. AFTER Kelly has proven he knows what he's doing...THEN he can try to swing some internal stuff his way. 

Right now it's too early...not buying it. 

Unless Chip Kelly completely changes his personality, and is willing to adjust to his up tempo offense, I can't see this ending well.   The new Niners DC couldn't stop his grandmother due to his incompetence.  

My point about the Niners not signing any FA's is due to the defense.  The Niners defense is a train-wreck, and not able to sign any new defensive FA's is a cue to the rest of the NFL that Chip Kelly is poison to any potential FA who wants to go a team that won't be done by November mentally, and physically. 

:nonono:  If you're this blind, become a BronxNiner fan this year.  If you're that committed that Chip Kelly is the modern Vince Lombardi, as I thought he was in 2013, then man up and preach how Lurie fired the golden coach prematurely.  Kelly doesn't adjust to adversity very well, it was obvious last season. Kelly made Reid look like a mature adult during Reid's poor seasons, and Kelly's season ended with a 7-9 record.  By the way Kelly behaved, and gave up on the team, Kelly treated the Eagles as if they were 4-12.  Loser head coach, when it counts.  

Fly away BronxEagle...err BronxNiner, oh splat, Niners don't fly. 

I never claimed to be a Niners fan.

I like how you try to divert your conspiracy crap to the "Bronxeagle is a Niner's fan" crap.

It's old already.

You're a f'ing nut...        deal with it.

I never claimed to be a Niners fan.

I like how you try to divert your conspiracy crap to the "Bronxeagle is a Niner's fan" crap.

It's old already.

You're a f'ing nut...        deal with it.

I'm sorry, but you're just an instigator of BS.  I throw facts, and logic towards you, and you respond with nothing but emoticons.  "The sky is blue." Your response is I'm a "f'ing nut".   :roll:

What I find so ironic is you're arguing with a Kelly supporter until it was obvious he couldn't do his job.  If you think Chip Kelly's coaching performance the last eight weeks of the 2015 season deserved another season of that insanity, then my response is  :thumbsdown:.   There were plenty of Chip Kelly haters who never liked him from day one, and you're choosing me as part of the insane crowd?  I really believed that if the Eagles drafted the right people on defense, and could stop the other team three, and out consistently, the Kelly offense would work.  Whoops.  It turns out Kelly never adjusted his offense for DeMarco Murray, and forced him to run sideline to sideline because Kelly neglected to replace the missing OL pieces of the 2013 Eagles OL that gave LeSean McCoy a great season.  Chip never considered using the I-formation as an adjustment for Murray as he was used to in Dallas.  Yet the last game of the season Pat Shurmur puts Murray in the I-formation, and success. 

This will be my last post for six months on this thread.  Let's wait until November of 2016, and see how Chip is doing in SF.  Then you can  :roll:  your way to being proven true. Yet I seriously doubt it.  

You're not a Niners fan you dolt, you're a Chip Kelly fan, but you write like you're changing teams.  Yet in today's modern sports world if you're a fan of one star player or coach, you simply change teams. I can't stand those idiots, and it's obvious you have a rooting interest that Chip Kelly proves Jeff Lurie wrong in SF.  I believe for once Jeff Lurie had the stones to make the best decision for the Eagles since he became owner in 1994.  Deal with that! 

I'm sorry, but you're just an instigator of BS.  I throw facts, and logic towards you, and you respond with nothing but emoticons.  "The sky is blue." Your response is I'm a "f'ing nut".   :roll:

What I find so ironic is you're arguing with a Kelly supporter until it was obvious he couldn't do his job.  If you think Chip Kelly's coaching performance the last eight weeks of the 2015 season deserved another season of that insanity, then my response is  :thumbsdown:.   There were plenty of Chip Kelly haters who never liked him from day one, and you're choosing me as part of the insane crowd?  I really believed that if the Eagles drafted the right people on defense, and could stop the other team three, and out consistently, the Kelly offense would work.  Whoops.  It turns out Kelly never adjusted his offense for DeMarco Murray, and forced him to run sideline to sideline because Kelly neglected to replace the missing OL pieces of the 2013 Eagles OL that gave LeSean McCoy a great season.  Chip never considered using the I-formation as an adjustment for Murray as he was used to in Dallas.  Yet the last game of the season Pat Shurmur puts Murray in the I-formation, and success. 

This will be my last post for six months on this thread.  Let's wait until November of 2016, and see how Chip is doing in SF.  Then you can  :roll:  your way to being proven true. Yet I seriously doubt it.  

You're not a Niners fan you dolt, you're a Chip Kelly fan, but you write like you're changing teams.  Yet in today's modern sports world if you're a fan of one star player or coach, you simply change teams. I can't stand those idiots, and it's obvious you have a rooting interest that Chip Kelly proves Jeff Lurie wrong in SF.  I believe for once Jeff Lurie had the stones to make the best decision for the Eagles since he became owner in 1994.  Deal with that! 

Based on this post, you have no idea what I think of Chip Kelly or what I think he'll do next season.

Why don't you tell me what I can prove true about Chip Kelly?

You're a dope.

TL;DR crazy person

Did the niners fire Chip yet? Any players call him racist?

Couldn't go without getting one more post in this thread before the big EMB makeover. :-)

Chip Kelly pushing players; no one is pushing back

By Matt Barrows

mbarrows@sacbee.com

SANTA CLARA --- Buy-in. It’s a noun, one of those terms like “want-to” (synonym is “desire”) and “out-physical” (synonym is “overpower”) that belongs to a special language spoken by football coaches.

It might loosely be defined as “the act of accepting or going along with a concept or movement.”

And, according to defensive coordinator Jim O’Neil, the 49ers are displaying an abundance of buy-in this spring.

“The players have been great,” O’Neil said this week. “The buy-in has been awesome, and the thing I like the best about them is how much they love football. It makes it really easy to coach them.”

Of course, you would expect a high degree of buy-in on a team with a new coaching staff. Players want to get in good with their new bosses, and, more than that, they need to learn a new system.

But the 49ers’ enthusiasm is notable given that new coach Chip Kelly didn’t arrive with a sterling reputation among NFL players – the principal complaint from the Philadelphia Eagles was they were overworked – and that O’Neil, 37, is young and undistinguished. He’s been a defensive coordinator twice before, and those units were 23rd and 27th in total defense.

Kelly’s intensity also is in sharp contrast to what the 49ers were accustomed to last year. Former coach Jim Tomsula was celebrated for being attuned to his players’ feelings, and everything was geared to making them as comfortable as possible.

That’s not the case this year. Still, attendance for the 49ers’ voluntary practices has been excellent. Phil Dawson, the team’s 41-year-old kicker, is the only healthy veteran who has not been on hand the last two weeks.

Kelly and O’Neil have been helped in several ways:

▪ NaVorro Bowman hasn’t missed any practices. And, according to O’Neil, the inside linebacker hasn’t missed a practice repetition. Bowman is the unquestioned leader of the defense and its most decorated member, and he’s still coming back from the knee injury that cost him the 2014 season. No one would blink if he skipped an OTA practice in May. The fact he hasn’t sets the tone for the team.

If Bowman is able to grind through Kelly’s practices, it’s hard for a younger player not to. And nearly everyone on the defense is younger. The only players older than Bowman – he turns 28 on Saturday – are safety Antoine Bethea, linebacker Ahmad Brooks and defensive lineman Glenn Dorsey.

▪ Bethea is another tone setter. There was speculation this offseason that the 49ers would trade Bethea, a 10-year veteran, because they have so many young, promising safeties. Bethea, however, is the only 49ers defender familiar with O’Neil’s system. He and Eric Reid, the team’s union representative, have been the starting safeties in the offseason; both have a strong standing in the locker room, and both have bought into O’Neil’s system.

▪ Arik Armstead and DeForest Buckner are young, and neither has a lot of clout at this point, but both were recruited by and played for Kelly at Oregon. So did undrafted rookie Alex Balducci, and quarterback Thad Lewis played for Kelly with the Eagles. That provides some built-in support for Kelly; he doesn’t have to win them over. Armstead, Buckner and Lewis also can answer questions that teammates might have about race-related issues Kelly faced when he was with the Eagles and which stemmed from comments by running back LeSean McCoy after he was traded to Buffalo last year. Others who have played for Kelly, including Armstead, have defended him.

▪ Kelly’s practices are as brisk as expected, but the conclusion among players is the pace will help during the regular season. Said Reid: “Name a team that’s going to go that fast. So the game should be slow motion for us when the season comes. So I like it. It’s a challenge. I’m always up for a challenge, and I think it’ll make us better in the long run.”

Eagles players said similar things when Kelly arrived in Philadelphia three years ago. “Everybody is having fun,” running back Bryce Brown told the Allentown Morning Call in May 2013. “I think (Kelly’s system) allows us to go out there and work harder. Everybody looks forward to coming into work, and it’s just a good feeling around here.”

By Kelly’s third year, that good feeling was gone. Players complained they worked so hard beginning in May that they had nothing left in December. Defensive players noted the fast pace of the offense led to more plays for the defense, so many more that by season’s end they played the equivalent of three more games than the average NFL defense.

But for now, Kelly has to be pleased. He’s pushing the 49ers, and they seem eager to be pushed.

The players need it after a year under amiable but perhaps too-friendly Tomsula. They also need a shove to catch up with the rest of the NFC West.

I don't have hatred toward Chip Kelly.  Am I doing it wrong?

Couldn't go without getting one more post in this thread before the big EMB makeover. :-)

Eagles players said the same thing when Chip started in Philly.

It's now up to Kelly to adjust as the years go on.

That being said...  I'm already wondering what the haters excuse will be if the players are still buying into "the system" in October.

Yes.

You're suppose to beyotch and moan about dumb crap that has to do with nothing.

Oh...  and the corny jokes.

Don't forget the corny a** jokes.

14 hours ago, NOTW said:

YES! :angry:

^_^

49ers coach Chip Kelly said Carlos Hyde "can be a three-down back."

"Our style and scheme adapts to whoever it is," Kelly said, "but he certainly has the skillset to be an outstanding running back at this level, because he can do everything."

On 6/1/2016 at 3:01 AM, BronxEagle said:

Eagles players said the same thing when Chip started in Philly.

It's now up to Kelly to adjust as the years go on.

That being said...  I'm already wondering what the haters excuse will be if the players are still buying into "the system" in October.

You obviously have this "Camelot" romanticism of what Chip Kelly could be.  You need to give up this delusion. I finally put down the pipe 11/15.   Unless Chip Kelly gives the QB power to audible out of a bad play, or slow down the tempo of the offense, or play an I-formation for a RB; "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".   The SF D is going to be destroyed next season.  Chip Kelly hasn't learned any lessons, and he's playing the Niners as fools, only to get back to the NCAA.  If I'm wrong, call me a hater.  But Bronx, you're a sucker who couldn't see the forest through the trees last season. 

Chip is going to get found out in San Fran there's no doubt about that.

His offense is possibly worse than it was in Philly and he's in a tougher division!

I liked Chip's innovative approach and I wanted it to work. Some of the ideas he introduced with sports science etc were excellent... But his system was flawed and easily worked out. Once teams got past the tempo issue they worked out it was a small handful of plays repeated over and over. And as soon as that happened the QB proof system fell apart. You need your QB to be making changes at the line of scrimmage. You need your receivers to change routes just before the snap. Those are all tried and tested and successful in the NFL. You can't overlook those for 3 years without being found out.

I wish Chip all the best... But the best he can hope for this year is maybe 6 wins.

On 2/24/2016 at 7:51 PM, mostlyme said:

I'm still feeling some kind of way after what Kelly did here, how he spoke to people and treated them. I'll never forget Howard Eskin telling Kelly the definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over expecting different results, referring of course to Kelly's unwillingness to change things offensively even though it was pathetic week after week, Kelly responded, that's the first time I ever heard that saying.. what a slug.

It's my fault for buying into Kelly's nonsense, so many red flags went up with the questionable things he did, I still hung on what a joke, for that I wish Chip Kelly a steady diet of bad decisions causing embarrassment and continued failure in the NFL, until he's out of the pros completely I will never not despise that joker. 

I feel you!

We had a real deal Squad to be feared. Maclin, Jackson, and Shady!

Shady shouldve been an Eagle for life. Chip did him dirty, and showed Shady no respect at all. I mean, how does he hear hes been traded via social media/news

On 6/1/2016 at 0:49 AM, NOTW said:

LOL!

Yes you are!

But seriously, how can you not hate the guy who traded Shady only to try to make Demarco run just like Shady?

And dont forget the constant HB Draw LOL

5 hours ago, ohsofocused said:

I feel you!

We had a real deal Squad to be feared. Maclin, Jackson, and Shady!

Shady shouldve been an Eagle for life. Chip did him dirty, and showed Shady no respect at all. I mean, how does he hear hes been traded via social media/news

I really liked Shady, you're right he should have been with the Eagles his entire career. I also liked Maclin and Jackson, if those 3 were on the team last year wouldn't have been such an embarrassment, no other head coach would have let that talent go, only Chip Kelly the moron.

On May 31, 2016 at 9:49 PM, NOTW said:

Yes. You didn't call him "Chimp" for starters. 

On 6/14/2016 at 2:07 AM, Iggles said:

You obviously have this "Camelot" romanticism of what Chip Kelly could be.  You need to give up this delusion. I finally put down the pipe 11/15.   Unless Chip Kelly gives the QB power to audible out of a bad play, or slow down the tempo of the offense, or play an I-formation for a RB; "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".   The SF D is going to be destroyed next season.  Chip Kelly hasn't learned any lessons, and he's playing the Niners as fools, only to get back to the NCAA.  If I'm wrong, call me a hater.  But Bronx, you're a sucker who couldn't see the forest through the trees last season. 

:roll: :roll:

I'm calling you a hater now.

Your hate has you posting manure.

You said you weren't posting again until November.

STFU...   You're full of crap.

On 6/14/2016 at 2:07 AM, Iggles said:

Chip Kelly hasn't learned any lessons, and he's playing the Niners as fools, only to get back to the NCAA.  If I'm wrong, call me a hater. 

Why wouldn't he have just gone back to the NCAA then? He would have easily been one of the highest paid coaches to return to the NCAA.... First he just has to swindle the foolish 49ers for some reason then he can go? Yes that makes sense got it