Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

On 2/24/2016 at 5:47 PM, KOJO said:

Follow the fun all season long! :-)

Karma, the owner did wrong by HC Andy Reid (IMO) by firing him for Chip Kelly.. so the team stunk by the greedy choice...

hopefully Andy Reids under study can right the ship that has been sinking...

not sure what the 49ers was thinking by firing Harbaugh either.. & picking Chip Kelly is incredibly foolish... didnt they see what he did to the Eagles?

11 minutes ago, Dewit said:

Karma, the owner did wrong by HC Andy Reid (IMO) by firing him for Chip Kelly.. so the team stunk by the greedy choice...

not sure what the 49ers was thinking by firing Harbaugh either.. & picking Chip Kelly is incredibly foolish... didnt they see what he did to the Eagles?

He didnt fire Reid for Chip Kelly, he didn't know he could get kelly at the time. Reid was done here end of story. 

9 minutes ago, Dewit said:

Those were two independent events. It was time for Reid to go. Hiring Chip Kelly had nothing to do with that.

41706317.jpg

Sorry but that is foolish.  He remains the best head coach that Philadelphia ever had, and gave the team the best chance of finally winning a Super Bowl.

101.jpg?w=593&h=395

That's the point he gave the Eagles the best chance to win a super bowl but, it was 12 years ago. He made another nice run in 2008 and that was already how long ago. His time was up here. 

12 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

That's the point he gave the Eagles the best chance to win a super bowl but, it was 12 years ago. He made another nice run in 2008 and that was already how long ago. His time was up here. 

Agreed. What argument is this guy trying to make? He had 14 years. Should it have been 20 years instead? 

16 hours ago, Dewit said:

Andy Reid's time was over.

Knock it off.

Andy was done here. Not like he's won a super bowl since leaving its been the same ole story close but no cigars. That clock gaffe would have been super frustrating if it happened here AGAIN

5 hours ago, Lloyd said:

Agreed. What argument is this guy trying to make? He had 14 years. Should it have been 20 years instead? 

I'm not sure to be honest. That we gave up on Reid to soon? Lol

Yes it should've been 20 years.. when you get a great coach you keep him until he retires... IMO

7 hours ago, Dewit said:

Yes it should've been 20 years.. when you get a great coach you keep him until he retires... IMO

Not when the message has clearly grown stale and the players don't respond anymore. 

He was dealing with the death of his son, but I guess some people already have their minds set on it & wont change regardless of what is presented before them.

1 hour ago, Dewit said:

He was dealing with the death of his son, but I guess some people already have their minds set on it & wont change regardless of what is presented before them.

Sometimes no matter how good a coach might be they reach a ceiling at a particular franchise? Maybe Reid as great a job as he did reached that ceiling and couldn't take the team on. Nobody is denying he wasn't a great coach for us... But things became stale and he continued to make the same mistakes. Eventually you can't continue with a guy who's not developing the team. It's a cut throat business. 

4 hours ago, Dewit said:

Tom Coughlin won 2 Superbowls, yet his message had gone stale and he was let go.

The norm in the NFL these days is about 5-7 years and that's if you're winning.  It's rare to go 10+ years, it's very difficult to stay fresh that long.  Everything becomes predictable and stale and you become more a player's coach and slack on discipline and the coach might still win some games but not be truly competitive or a contender.  Belicheck is the exception to that, and maybe a coach or 2 that has a great QB to keep building around.  

9 hours ago, Dewit said:

Yeah.

You.

15 years is a dynasty in NFL coaching. Especially without rings. I love the guy, but he had a fair shot. More than a fair shot. 

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

Tom Coughlin won 2 Superbowls, yet his message had gone stale and he was let go.

The norm in the NFL these days is about 5-7 years and that's if you're winning.  It's rare to go 10+ years, it's very difficult to stay fresh that long.  

Hell, it's rare for people in the real world to go 10+ years. 

We're about half a century past the era of sticking with one company for decades and getting a gold watch at the end. 

I'm about to turn this into an Andy Reid hate thread if I hear any more jive about him being let go too soon. :blink:

38 minutes ago, KOJO said:

I'm about to turn this into an Andy Reid hate thread if I hear any more jive about him being let go too soon. :blink:

Get turnt!

1 hour ago, KOJO said:

The hate is mountainous.

On 6/27/2016 at 10:56 PM, Dewit said:

On 6/28/2016 at 10:35 PM, Dewit said:

18 hours ago, Dewit said:

:slap: :facepalm:

On June 29, 2016 at 2:38 AM, Dewit said:

That was a huge factor in how everything played out that last season with AR. 

I think if I were Lurie I would have tried to get AR to take a season off and return as the HC the following season. The only problem with that was they didn't have a qualified interm HC in-house. 

On 7/2/2016 at 0:16 PM, SNOORDA said:

That was a huge factor in how everything played out that last season with AR. 

I think if I were Lurie I would have tried to get AR to take a season off and return as the HC the following season. The only problem with that was they didn't have a qualified interm HC in-house. 

Good point.. I look at it like in Denver when Fox had (health) problems JDR stepped in.. if they had an interim HC for a year to give Andy time to grieve maybe things would've been different.