Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

Our vets said the same thing when he first got here. Plus it's the constant non stop practicing at full speed even on Tuesdays during the season that pissed guys off

Its probably "player friendly" in that the practices are shorter.  Like someone has already said the problem comes in when you keep having the same practices all year long.

To be fair maybe he has changed because IMO that's the only chance he has.  He needs to adapt or he won't be coaching in the NFL for long.  That was my biggest fear when he came in and he said he was willing to change and adapt but it didn't seem like he ever actually did.

Ultimately running QB or no running QB I think his offense is just too simple to succeed or at least what he was running here was too simple.  To some extent simple can work but you need a really talented team to pull it off or a team just loaded with guys with the specific skill set you need for your simple playbook.  We didn't have that.  I doubt the 49ers have that and I don't know if you can actually pull that off in the NFL. 

I just don't see him changing his scheme to much. His scheme is was got him here so I doubt he will sell out on it just to say in the NFL. He is gonna live or die with it in this league. He has already had guys from the 9ers saying how awesome it is to play in a scheme that was like the one they used in college.  That says it all right there

Does not want Foles.

49ers coach Chip Kelly said he is not interested in signing free agent QB Nick Foles.

"I’m a big fan of Nick, but right now our eggs are in Kap and Blaine’s basket," Kelly said, "and we’re going to see what those guys can do."

25 minutes ago, KOJO said:

Does not want Foles.

He will be a big fan of Nick for 1,000 years.

I still think Chip threw the season to get fired last year.  He lost the team and fans, and gave in. It's the only explanation I can come up with for how horrible his coaching was when they were pushing for a division title.  Down to the Redskins and you're still running that stupid Murray stretch play, and nobody is surprised.   Nobody can be that stupid. 

Chip is most certainly a man set in his (failing) ways

• Billy Davis said Chip Kelly told him he wanted to bring him to San Francisco with him after he was hired as the 49ers’ head coach, but general manager Trent Baalke and owner Jed York nixed the idea. He said his previous stint as the Niners’ defensive coordinator in 2005 and 2006 worked against him, even though he said head coach Mike Nolan was the de facto coordinator those two years. “I think they wanted Chip to bring someone in [as defensive coordinator] who hadn’t been there before,’’ Davis said."

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/More-From-Former-Eagles-DC-Billy-Davis.html

“I think they wanted Chip to bring someone in [as defensive coordinator] who hadn’t been there before,’’ Davis said."

Yeah. It totally had nothing to do with Davis' defenses sucking a** everywhere he went. 

6 hours ago, Machine said:

Down to the Redskins and you're still running that stupid Murray stretch play, and nobody is surprised.   Nobody can be that stupid. 

Hands down the most cringe-worthy play I've seen the Eagles run over the last two decades. I think a little part of every Eagles fan died each time Chip called it. Horrible.

13 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Yeah. It totally had nothing to do with Davis' defenses sucking a** everywhere he went. 

Seriously, if chip even had one thought about calling Davis to be his d coordinator in SF they should of already fired him. 

21 hours ago, Machine said:

I still think Chip threw the season to get fired last year.  He lost the team and fans, and gave in. It's the only explanation I can come up with for how horrible his coaching was when they were pushing for a division title.  Down to the Redskins and you're still running that stupid Murray stretch play, and nobody is surprised.   Nobody can be that stupid. 

100% agree. 

Even when they showed him on the side lines he looked like he had checked out. Wasn't enjoying himself or into the game. In comparison to the first 2 years anyway.  I know you can't really 'read' a situation that you are seeing in tv. But something definitely seemed like it was off last year with him, the staff and the team.  It started in week 2 in that HORRIBLE Dallas game, one of the worst Eagle performances ever and kind of spiraled from there.

14 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Hands down the most cringe-worthy play I've seen the Eagles run over the last two decades. I think a little part of every Eagles fan died each time Chip called it. Horrible.

It was even worse than the quick pass in the flat to Pinkston and expecting him to gain 7 yards and 3rd down. 

1 minute ago, Machine said:

It was even worse than the quick pass in the flat to Pinkston and expecting him to gain 7 yards and 3rd down. 

Yeah that was pretty bad. The NFL.com PBP version of that...

3-7: D. McNabb pass complete short left to T. Pinkson for -1 yards (Tackle by *insert mediocre DB here*)

4-7: D Johnson punt goes out of bounds at PHI 48, net 26 yards (because he effing blows)

:thumbsdown:

11 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

3-7: D. McNabb pass complete short left to T. Pinkson for -1 yards (Tackle by *insert mediocre DB here*)

4-7: D Johnson punt goes out of bounds at PHI 48, net 26 yards (because he effing blows)

:lol:

16 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Hey, I think he actually got it one time.  #CreditWhereCredit'sDue

49ers re-signed ILB Navorro Bowman to a seven-year, $77 million contract with $20 million guaranteed.

Already signed through 2019, the 49ers ripped up Bowman's old deal and gave him a new one that takes Bowman through 2022 -- his age-34 campaign. He won't be free-agent eligible again until he's 35. It's a lengthy commitment to an inside linebacker, one who missed all of 2014 with multiple torn knee ligaments then returned for a disappointing 2015 despite gaudy tackle stats. Bowman played the run well but finished as PFF's No. 57 inside linebacker in pass coverage among 60 qualifiers. The 49ers are banking 28-year-old Bowman's agility and quickness return another full year removed from the ACL/MCL tear.

9 hours ago, KOJO said:

49ers re-signed ILB Navorro Bowman to a seven-year, $77 million contract with $20 million guaranteed.

Already signed through 2019, the 49ers ripped up Bowman's old deal and gave him a new one that takes Bowman through 2022 -- his age-34 campaign. He won't be free-agent eligible again until he's 35. It's a lengthy commitment to an inside linebacker, one who missed all of 2014 with multiple torn knee ligaments then returned for a disappointing 2015 despite gaudy tackle stats. Bowman played the run well but finished as PFF's No. 57 inside linebacker in pass coverage among 60 qualifiers. The 49ers are banking 28-year-old Bowman's agility and quickness return another full year removed from the ACL/MCL tear.

Older player coming off injury and his best years behind him?  Lock him up!  :roll:

10 hours ago, KOJO said:

IF...  Bowman can fully get over his injuries, he'll play 2-3 seasons.

That might be worth 20 million.

It's more of a desperate move to me.