Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

Eric Rogers done for the year with a torn ACL. He was the CFL WR a bunch of teams were trying to sign.

7 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Sound familiar?

No not at all... Oh wait... That's all we ever did! Swing passes, dump offs and check downs. Very few deep field shots and far far too predictable.

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No not at all... Oh wait... That's all we ever did! Swing passes, dump offs and check downs. Very few deep field shots and far far too predictable.

Riiiiight...  because no other team practices swing passes, dump offs, and check downs.

Every other team just throw bombs.

WHAT THE F IS CHIP DOING!?!

The hate continues.

:roll: :roll:

13 minutes ago, BronxEagle said:

Riiiiight...  because no other team practices swing passes, dump offs, and check downs.

Every other team just throw bombs.

WHAT THE F IS CHIP DOING!?!

The hate continues.

:roll: :roll:

Hang on hang on...

Practising those things is fine and of course you need to do it! But limiting your offense basically to those few plays? That's just moronic! 

So yes the hate continues! The same hate would be in place if a coach did nothing but have his team throw bombs on every play.

33 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hang on hang on...

Practising those things is fine and of course you need to do it! But limiting your offense basically to those few plays? That's just moronic! 

So yes the hate continues! The same hate would be in place if a coach did nothing but have his team throw bombs on every play.

I get you... just messin' with you.

I guess it also depends on your players.

Chip did take some chances in Philly, but he didn't exactly pick players that can stretch the field for his spread offense.

The one he had, he let go for his own reasons.

That is a problem I had with Chip.

27 minutes ago, BronxEagle said:

I get you... just messin' with you.

I guess it also depends on your players.

Chip did take some chances in Philly, but he didn't exactly pick players that can stretch the field for his spread offense.

The one he had, he let go for his own reasons.

That is a problem I had with Chip.

Woa bronx, your being nice and throwing some criticism at chip? Are you feeling ok? 

9 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Woa bronx, your being nice and throwing some criticism at chip? Are you feeling ok? 

No coach is perfect unless they cheat.

I still think he can be a good coach but I do have criticism of Chip.

I just don't have the scorched hate you guys have.   :lol:

I save that for Bill Belicheat.

1 hour ago, BronxEagle said:

No coach is perfect unless they cheat.

I still think he can be a good coach but I do have criticism of Chip.

I just don't have the scorched hate you guys have.   :lol:

I save that for Bill Belicheat.

I don't necessarily have hate for Chip. 

I've said before I think some ideas that he had were really good. I certainly do not think the Eagles should throw out all of his ideas.

But what I do know is he will need to change and adapt if he wants to be a success in the NFL. His scheme was too simple and became easy to read for defenses.

There you go... Let the Chip love in commence! 

Blaine Gabbert starting. The first play was a swing pass, incomplete. 2nd play, handoff for a loss. Chip running the hurry-up here too.

3 and out. 14:19 on the clock :roll:

3 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Why is chip going with Blaine over Kaep?  He is allergic to talent.

The consensus is Gabbert is favored to be the starter and Kaepernick is out with shoulder soreness.

Regarding Gabbert

1 hour ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Why is chip going with Blaine over Kaep?  He is allergic to talent.

Chip doesn't like black people, didn't you know that?

On 8/6/2016 at 6:49 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You can predict the swing passes and the dump offs and the check downs. But there's one thing you can never predict. The NFL's most innovative, uptempo offe- ah, actually people have predicted that too. 

3 hours ago, metalhead0043 said:

Blaine Gabbert starting. The first play was a swing pass, incomplete. 2nd play, handoff for a loss. Chip running the hurry-up here too.

3 and out. 14:19 on the clock :roll:

The World's Fastest 3 & Out ™

I watched the first half on NFL network, and two things came to mind.  The color commentator Tim Ryan covered a few Eagle games for FOX under Kelly during the 2013 season.  What I loved was when he said Kelly went 10-6, 10-6 during his three years with the Eagles.  He forgot last seasons record to hide from the local Niner faithful. Tim Ryan only saw the really good Kelly season with the Eagles.  Ryan left FOX for local Niners tv in 2014.  

The second thing is the Niners' announcer was impressed with how they racked up 300 yards of offense in the first half.  Did the announcer notice that only scored 13 points?  

I remember the first preseason game under Kelly in 2013.  I remembered that screen passes were accurately thrown ahead of the RB in stride, and caught.  The reason I remember is Reid never did that. Yesterday,  Gabbert couldn't do that simple procedure.  Gabbert can't pass a simple screen to lead the receiver.  I have to admit I'm jealous of the TE's the Niners have, the Eagles could use them. 

I also have one other observation, the offense in hurry mode by the late second quarter was winded, I saw them panting.  

That first drive almost killed me. A nice speedy 3 and out to start things off and all I could think is "wow who could have predicted that :rolleyes:"

:roll::roll: