Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

8 hours ago, Lloyd said:

You can predict the swing passes and the dump offs and the check downs. But there's one thing you can never predict. The NFL's most innovative, uptempo offe- ah, actually people have predicted that too. 

Haha you couldn't get through that full sentence could you! You just couldn't bring yourself to finish it.

Good to see Chips learnt his lessons and his first preseason game was a completely different play book... Oh wait! No no he's still trying the same rubbish and he's still taking no time off the clock. Thing is... It's going to be worse in San Fran because unbelievably the QBs aren't as accurate so the clock will keep stopping. 

He should of drafted a QB he could groom. Like lynch. Once again he will be stuck with crap QBs or try to revive a decent one. and then try to beef up a defense that will only ever be middle of the pack at best because of his awful philosophy. I know it's preseason but, he is doing the same crap with even worse players

Chip likes collecting failed qbs like they're Pokemon. Just  signed Christian Ponder.

44 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Chip likes collecting failed qbs like they're Pokemon. Just  signed Christian Ponder.

He's determined he will make a success of one of them! I'm surprised he's not brought in good old Tebow... That seems like the logical next step.

Mind you... Ponder is probably their best option now isn't he? 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He's determined he will make a success of one of them! I'm surprised he's not brought in good old Tebow... That seems like the logical next step.

Mind you... Ponder is probably their best option now isn't he? 

He is mobile and can throw 5 yards lol. I think kap sucks but, his running ability and strong arm make him the most talented so you would think chip would try to work with that. Nope he is gonna work with complete losers 

6 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

He is mobile and can throw 5 yards lol. I think kap sucks but, his running ability and strong arm make him the most talented so you would think chip would try to work with that. Nope he is gonna work with complete losers 

For me it's unthinkable that Chip would not look to work with Kap because as you say he's got the most talent and his running ability are perfect for this offense. Kap loves the read option and Chip would actually be able to use that with him whereas he really couldn't with Sam.

Kap isn't a world beater but a few years ago he showed that he's a pretty good QB who in the right system and if he's allowed to run will be a threat. So surely Chip should work with that? If it doesn't work out fair enough but at least start with it instead of Blaine Gabbert or Christian Ponder!

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

For me it's unthinkable that Chip would not look to work with Kap because as you say he's got the most talent and his running ability are perfect for this offense. Kap loves the read option and Chip would actually be able to use that with him whereas he really couldn't with Sam.

Kap isn't a world beater but a few years ago he showed that he's a pretty good QB who in the right system and if he's allowed to run will be a threat. So surely Chip should work with that? If it doesn't work out fair enough but at least start with it instead of Blaine Gabbert or Christian Ponder!

Chip is adamant on proving his system doesn't need a mobile qb to be more successful. I remember him actually saying that. Just Chip Kelly being Chip Kelly as always. Smarter than thou.

From NFL.com today:

2) Chip Kelly diehards: I still believe in Chip Kelly, offensive difference maker. With the right support, he has a chance to develop into a top-tier NFL coach. Still, those left in Camp Kelly have to worry that this 49ersroster is unsalvageable. Colin Kaepernick is struggling with injuries.Blaine Gabbert led a touchdown drive but also started the preseason with the yips. Rookie Jeff Driskel threw for 20 yards on 12 attempts. This 49ersoffense must learn a lot in a short amount of time, without much NFL experience to fall back on. Kelly will need help from unproven defensive coordinator Jim O'Neil, because O'Neil's unit is where most of the Niners' best players reside.

4 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

From NFL.com today:

2) Chip Kelly diehards: I still believe in Chip Kelly, offensive difference maker. With the right support, he has a chance to develop into a top-tier NFL coach. Still, those left in Camp Kelly have to worry that this 49ersroster is unsalvageable. Colin Kaepernick is struggling with injuries.Blaine Gabbert led a touchdown drive but also started the preseason with the yips. Rookie Jeff Driskel threw for 20 yards on 12 attempts. This 49ersoffense must learn a lot in a short amount of time, without much NFL experience to fall back on. Kelly will need help from unproven defensive coordinator Jim O'Neil, because O'Neil's unit is where most of the Niners' best players reside.

I read that Kelly actually had the Niners practice in pads which he never did with the Eagles.  Did they ever tackle each other?  

8 hours ago, Iggles said:

I read that Kelly actually had the Niners practice in pads which he never did with the Eagles.  Did they ever tackle each other?  

I only heard they were just in pads , didn't hear anything about pads

13 minutes ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

I hope 9ers go 0-16 and Chip gets run over on the sidelines and breaks his leg.

By McCoy?

51 minutes ago, c_u_in_tampa said:

I hope 9ers go 0-16 and Chip gets run over on the sidelines and breaks his leg.

I can't say I want them to go 0-16 only because they play Dallas this year. 

On 4/9/2016 at 2:57 PM, greenpassion said:

Umm yeah let's just act like chip never came up with the gang affiliations Crapola. I know it was nj.com that actually posted the story but chip being the boss was themain reason it all went down.

The fact that all the gang stuff was never an issue before or after just Confirmed the stupidity and petty nature of this organization

You do know that the GM is the boss, not the Head Coach right? You do know that Howie and Lurie were shopping Desean before Kelly was even hired right? They were asking for a 2nd rounder, not 1 of the 31 other teams bit. They even lowered it to lower rounds with same results. There was a story awhile back from BGN (Tommy Lawlor) stating this. Of course, without 1 of the 3 admitting to it, it can't be proven. It's no secret that Desean during his entire stay here was always trying to figure out how to get more money. Even as much as taking it light in his contract year of 2011- 2012.  http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/3/30/5563026/chip-kelly-howie-roseman-desean-jackson-released

I'm not defending Chip or throwing Howie under the bus. Chip though was just a 1st year HC and i just can't believe that "the GM" would allow the coach to just cut 1 of the best weapons on the team. If that was the case and Chip did have that kind of power, why was it so important for him 1 year later to convince Mr Lurie to give him the GM job? I mean hell, if chip just being a coach can cut the "star player" , why did he need to be the GM? GM has final say in the draft also, and the whole Marcus Smith thing. It was public knowledge that Chip wanted 1 of the WRS in the 1st round, not a LB/DL. 

Think about it please. After Reid was fired, the FO went on a search for the next HC. You want to convince me that there were no qualified NFL HCs, or Asst. HCs good enough that they had to resort to hiring a guy from across the country, that ran a gimmick offense, who btw turned the job down not only here, but Cleveland also? Chased him down then Made him the 3rd highest HC in the league, then 1 year later allowed him to cut the teams best offensive weapon(debateable) ? Desean and his yearly demands got him cut. Not some gang affiliations, not some fake condo getting robbed, nor missing the Exit meeting. Greed got him cut. Teams wouldn't even give up a mid round draft pick for him. So bad that the redskins were the only team to even offer him a contract, and for well below a guy with his talent should be getting. 

54 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I can't say I want them to go 0-16 only because they play Dallas this year. 

Well unless he's changed anything, they already know his plays, snap count ,etc. so they should have an easy time defeating them.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Well unless he's changed anything, they already know his plays, snap count ,etc. so they should have an easy time defeating them.

Probably. It's still the one game I'd root for San Fran. 

26 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Probably. It's still the one game I'd root for San Fran. 

Of course.  Always root against division rivals.

2 hours ago, ackid38 said:

Teams wouldn't even give up a mid round draft pick for him. So bad that the redskins were the only team to even offer him a contract, and for well below a guy with his talent should be getting. 

8+ million a year is well below what a guy with his talent should be getting?

What do you think is the right number for Jackson's talent?  I mean, he notoriously fades from big games, won't go over the middle, and takes plays off.  Can you sprinkle out a few names that are in the same class as Jackson-and their salary?

5 hours ago, ackid38 said:

You do know that the GM is the boss, not the Head Coach right? You do know that Howie and Lurie were shopping Desean before Kelly was even hired right? They were asking for a 2nd rounder, not 1 of the 31 other teams bit. They even lowered it to lower rounds with same results. There was a story awhile back from BGN (Tommy Lawlor) stating this. Of course, without 1 of the 3 admitting to it, it can't be proven. It's no secret that Desean during his entire stay here was always trying to figure out how to get more money. Even as much as taking it light in his contract year of 2011- 2012.  http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/3/30/5563026/chip-kelly-howie-roseman-desean-jackson-released

I'm not defending Chip or throwing Howie under the bus. Chip though was just a 1st year HC and i just can't believe that "the GM" would allow the coach to just cut 1 of the best weapons on the team. If that was the case and Chip did have that kind of power, why was it so important for him 1 year later to convince Mr Lurie to give him the GM job? I mean hell, if chip just being a coach can cut the "star player" , why did he need to be the GM? GM has final say in the draft also, and the whole Marcus Smith thing. It was public knowledge that Chip wanted 1 of the WRS in the 1st round, not a LB/DL. 

Think about it please. After Reid was fired, the FO went on a search for the next HC. You want to convince me that there were no qualified NFL HCs, or Asst. HCs good enough that they had to resort to hiring a guy from across the country, that ran a gimmick offense, who btw turned the job down not only here, but Cleveland also? Chased him down then Made him the 3rd highest HC in the league, then 1 year later allowed him to cut the teams best offensive weapon(debateable) ? Desean and his yearly demands got him cut. Not some gang affiliations, not some fake condo getting robbed, nor missing the Exit meeting. Greed got him cut. Teams wouldn't even give up a mid round draft pick for him. So bad that the redskins were the only team to even offer him a contract, and for well below a guy with his talent should be getting. 

They shopped him and gave him a brand new deal that was a lot for a player of his caliber the  same year? That makes sense.

Desean we couldn't find anyone to take you when you were on your crap rookie contract so we're gonna give you a big fat contract that no one will want you the following year . Do you read your own rants on this stuff? I'm fine with your opinions on not liking howie and want to blame him for everything but, you are just making stuff up that doesn't even make sense or fall in line with what happened. 

Believe it or not, I'm over hating Kelly.

Not only that, but with Torrey Smith, the NFL's defending yards-per-catch champion, at his disposal, I can easily see Kelly pulling off another 10-6, playoff-making season in his first year with the 49ers, same as he did with the Eagles.

And the Cardinals and the Seahawks are both creakier than the stairway on Dark Shadows - so why not?

On 8/18/2016 at 3:37 PM, Vee said:

8+ million a year is well below what a guy with his talent should be getting?

What do you think is the right number for Jackson's talent?  I mean, he notoriously fades from big games, won't go over the middle, and takes plays off.  Can you sprinkle out a few names that are in the same class as Jackson-and their salary?

If you think i'm defending Jackson, you read me wrong. He thinks he is worth top dollar for those 50 catches a tear. I think jackson is nothing more than a crybaby. 

10 hours ago, ackid38 said:

If you think i'm defending Jackson, you read me wrong. He thinks he is worth top dollar for those 50 catches a tear. I think jackson is nothing more than a crybaby. 

But all speed receivers are "crybabies" - and all slow, possession receivers are humble, unselfish "team players."

Like Keyshawn Johnson.

Oops ...