Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, KOJO said:

Couldn't even beat the Cowboys for us today. :nonono:

The hate is consuming me.

Kelly had the Cowboys on the defensive with new "quirks", which led to the early 14-0 lead.  Yet it's obvious after studying Kelly going back to his years with the Eagles, Dallas solved him by the end of the first half.  I've waited for this, and now I know Jeff Lurie did the right thing last season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Iggles said:

Kelly had the Cowboys on the defensive with new "quirks", which led to the early 14-0 lead.  Yet it's obvious after studying Kelly going back to his years with the Eagles, Dallas solved him by the end of the first half.  I've waited for this, and now I know Jeff Lurie did the right thing last season.  

The hate germinates within you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I'd like to know is this:

How the hell did the 49ers crush the Rams 28-0 in the opener?  Rams, who looked like they would go 0-16 after that performance have not lost since.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smoothies didn't save bowman... all kidding aside he was about the only good player on that team and it's a shame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

That was brutal. He'd keep it, look up while taking his first step with the ball, and two guys were standing there ready to eat his lunch. 

Is Chip still doing that thing where he doesn't allow audibles, so his QB gets to see in advance that he's about to run into a wall and he does it anyway? 

That's gotta be great for morale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IDC about the Niners or Chip Kelly.

Carlos Hyde though...:towel:

We should give him his boy Josh Huff for Hyde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Is Chip still doing that thing where he doesn't allow audibles, so his QB gets to see in advance that he's about to run into a wall and he does it anyway? 

That's gotta be great for morale. 

Yep pretty much. It's like seeing that you're going to be in a car crash and not being allowed to steer out of it. Seems absurd, but it's Chip's offense in a nutshell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Yep pretty much. It's like seeing that you're going to be in a car crash and not being allowed to steer out of it. Seems absurd, but it's Chip's offense in a nutshell. 

9ers made it easy for the boys too. Gabbert made the right read cause the end would follow the rb but, then Sean Lee would stay home and wait for Gabbert and just crushed him. Cowboys weren't afraid of Gabbert arm beating them on the option at all. So they just kept playing the rb and the QB someone was waiting for one of them everytime. It was disgusting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lloyd said:

Is Chip still doing that thing where he doesn't allow audibles, so his QB gets to see in advance that he's about to run into a wall and he does it anyway? 

That's gotta be great for morale. 

To be fair, Reid didn't let McNabb audible until years after 2004.  I remember many times seeing McNabb shaking his head after a play call that didn't work because McNabb knew it wouldn't.  Reid, and Chip have one thing in common, they're control freaks.  

To contrast, a rookie QB is telling Doug Pederson a suggestion, and Pederson listens.  What a concept.  I know Brady has Belichik's, or the OC's  ear when the game plan is going wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've read your Dallas vs. SF posts, Bronx...welcome to the haters' club.  Why can't you give up that this guy is going back to the NCAA if not next season, the season after?   You're a hater, for a very good reason.  Welcome to the club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Iggles said:

I've read your Dallas vs. SF posts, Bronx...welcome to the haters' club.  Why can't you give up that this guy is going back to the NCAA if not next season, the season after?   You're a hater, for a very good reason.  Welcome to the club. 

Don't try it.

I point out WTF he's doing wrong... I don't hate the guy.

You have pure hate in your heart for Chip.

It's actually very sad.

I would feel sorry for you if you wasn't such a haterade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

9ers made it easy for the boys too. Gabbert made the right read cause the end would follow the rb but, then Sean Lee would stay home and wait for Gabbert and just crushed him. Cowboys weren't afraid of Gabbert arm beating them on the option at all. So they just kept playing the rb and the QB someone was waiting for one of them everytime. It was disgusting

That did them in. It worked the first couple of times. But after the second time it didn't work and they were getting snuffed out. Yet Gabbert KEPT running it. I would've given it to Hyde because not only is he faster but he's a better play maker and would've at least gotten SOME yards. Sheesh. 

But the game changed when Bowman went down. Up until that point they were handling Zeke and the run game and when he went down the flood gates opened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with Chip Kelly is that he runs a gimmicky offense not meant for the NFL. He's stubborn and unwilling to adjust his game. If he did make adjustments he'd probably win because otherwise he's a pretty good coach from a personal standpoint.

He'll be back in college with 2 years and will probably go on and have great success wherever he goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BronxEagle said:

Don't try it.

I point out WTF he's doing wrong... I don't hate the guy.

You have pure hate in your heart for Chip.

It's actually very sad.

I would feel sorry for you if you wasn't such a haterade.

Okay, that's IT!  This is such complete BS!   You want to know what a hater is, it's the drunk bud light American non golf fan goon in the gallery at the Ryder Cup last weekend who told Rory Mcilroy to "suck a d***".  I've never threatened Kelly's life, nor wished he were dead.  I've also never typed that Chip Kelly should suck a d***.  

Your definition of hate is very arbitrary, and whimsical to your delusional perspective.  Your troll-like behavior that I questioned Chip Kelly's decision making after the string of blowouts last November, IS NOT HATE, it's as you typed "WTF he's doing wrong" against Dallas.  What's the difference?  If I'm a hater, then so is Jeff Lurie, who for the first time since he became owner fired a head coach with one week left in the season.  So if I'm that HATER then I'm glad I side with Jeff Lurie.  Because of that shocking firing, we are where we are now.   

I don't hate Chip Kelly, I hate what he did to the Eagles, that's the difference.  You obviously can't see that difference, and you're just out to troll me for no apparent reason.  If you can't back that up with my quotes, then drop it!  Recreate my hate for Chip Kelly with my previous posts.  Otherwise, you're a pure phony.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Objective Truth said:

As a Cowboys fan I may live in the past, but at least I have a past. And it is glorious.

Share this post


 

That is a complete load of BS.  Unlike other Eagle fans I'm a Phillies fan, and I've experienced two World Series championships in my lifetime.   The thrill of victory only lasts about a month.  Even if you buy the VHS version SB XXX,  to watch repeatedly it's like eating rice cakes.  You can mock Eagles fans for not winning an NFL title since 1960, but in the end, it doesn't matter by the time the new season begins.   Maybe in a couple years I'll buy the 2008 Phillies WS DVDs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Iggles said:

That is a complete load of BS.  Unlike other Eagle fans I'm a Phillies fan, and I've experienced two World Series championships in my lifetime.   The thrill of victory only lasts about a month.  Even if you buy the VHS version SB XXX,  to watch repeatedly it's like eating rice cakes.  You can mock Eagles fans for not winning an NFL title since 1960, but in the end, it doesn't matter by the time the new season begins.   Maybe in a couple years I'll buy the 2008 Phillies WS DVDs. 

Dude.

You're replaying to a fricking SIG???

It's not meant to be taken seriously. And the fact that you have to reach to another sport doesn't exactly do your argument any favors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, drewg22 said:

What do you guys think? Can SF get a win vs a Stanton lead Cardinal team tomorrow night?

If Chip can't get his team to beat down on a Drew Stanton team then he might as well see himself out now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardinals still have a good defense , so I can see 9ers offense struggling and the cards offense doing enough to win. Should be an ugly game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Objective Truth said:

Dude.

You're replaying to a fricking SIG???

It's not meant to be taken seriously. And the fact that you have to reach to another sport doesn't exactly do your argument any favors.

I didn't realize some Dallas fans get sarcasm, so you're not a Larry the Cable guy fan. 

I was only pointing out that a fan who experiences a pro sports championship only lasts the length of eating a snickers bar.  It's been over twenty years since Dallas won a SB, next year a fan who wasn't born 1/96 can legally drink.  By your reply with "Dude", I have a feeling you're one of them.  Redskin fans who weren't born 1/92, could graduate law school, and medical school since their last Superbowl.  The only team with bragging rights the last ten years in the NFC East is unfortunately the Giants.  It feels great for a month, but then you want your team to win it again next season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, drewg22 said:

What do you guys think? Can SF get a win vs a Stanton lead Cardinal team tomorrow night?

Nah...  :nonono:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites