Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

4 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

That's why Kaep has not been starting.  If he gets hurt, the 49ers are on the hook for that.

Kaep is supposedly working on re-structuring his deal, if that happens, then he likely will start.

When has anyone ever sat someone cause they made to much??

6 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Um, RG III last year. 

11 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Um, RG III last year. 

RG3 sat because he was worse than Cousins, not because of money. He is done as an NFL QB.

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

Um, RG III last year. 

Seriously?? He is garbage they didn't sit him so he wouldn't get hurt. That doesn't even make sense

54 minutes ago, drewg22 said:

RG3 sat because he was worse than Cousins, not because of money. He is done as an NFL QB.

And I have to wonder if Kaepernick is not RG3 V.2.0. Set the league on fire until D Coords figured out how to shut him down. Also when Kaepernick was the talk of the league he had a very good defense.  The 9ers D is looking decent now but losing Bowman isn't likely to help.

2 hours ago, eglz1 said:

And I have to wonder if Kaepernick is not RG3 V.2.0. Set the league on fire until D Coords figured out how to shut him down. Also when Kaepernick was the talk of the league he had a very good defense.  The 9ers D is looking decent now but losing Bowman isn't likely to help.

9ers defense was good for one game even with bowman they were crap

3 hours ago, drewg22 said:

They also didn't want RG3 injured or that $16 mil. extension(?) would have kicked in.  Kaepernick has already demonstrated an ability to milk injury clauses.

8 hours ago, eglz1 said:

They also didn't want RG3 injured or that $16 mil. extension(?) would have kicked in.  Kaepernick has already demonstrated an ability to milk injury clauses.

No they had a timeline to get rid of him before that kicked it in . It had nothing to do with getting hurt. 

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

No they had a timeline to get rid of him before that kicked it in . It had nothing to do with getting hurt. 

And what injury clauses? What are they find them? Morons

1 hour ago, POPpinFRESH said:

Still doesn't prove that they sat him just cause of his contract. They sat him cause he was terrible.  You don't sit your best players over a contract. That what you and wally **** are trying to say. If they were good players they wouldn't sit 

31 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Still doesn't prove that they sat him just cause of his contract. They sat him cause he was terrible.  You don't sit your best players over a contract. That what you and wally **** are trying to say. If they were good players they wouldn't sit 

Your so angry about this. Weird.

But really, did he ever get that fair shot? Can you tell me what he actually would have done? Will you say that he doesn't have tremendous talent but a crap attitude. That's the awesome thing about speculation.

If you bring up week one. It was his first real action in over a year. Also it shows why the Washington's were concerned about 16 mil.

45 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Here's why it works out that way: The $16.2 million for 2016 is not guaranteed --

unless the injury-prone RG3 gets injured. No injury, and the Redskins can cut him loose. Riding the bench, of course, is the best way to keep him healthy.

If RG3 would have still injured at the start of the 2016 league year - like my man Colin was thanks to delaying the start of medical treatment - RG3 could not have been released and would have collected that $16.2 million. Doesn't Kaepernick have the same sort of injury guarantee right now? And the 49ers want to do away with that? They (49ers) want to be able to kick his butt to the curb after this season and don't want to be unable to do so due to his(Kaepernick) being injured. No they may not kick his butt to the curb if he looks like he looked in 2013 before he was figured out. Which is more likely? That he'll play like he played in 2012-2013 season when he went to the Super Bowl? Or that he'll play like he did in 2015 before getting injured?

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:27 AM, forevereagles said:

Exactly !

He hasn't learned to make the adjustment from the college level rosters to the NFL rosters. He can't keep substituting guys as soon as those on the field shows signs of exhaustion . He doesn't have the players to do so like in college. It has to be even harder on those defensive players than it was on our Eagles. Since they are in a much warmer climate than what our guys were in as the season went on.

I don't think they will fire him after just one year. But if things don't improve next season ? I can see him heading back to the college ranks. For I can't imagine another NFL team wanting to take a chance on him. Having failed at two previous attempts. 

The look on some of the fans faces every time Gabbert went 3 and out, or got sacked ( 8 times) was revealing as to what they think of him. I know (according to many ) its the system. Funny Foles is the only one who had any success in that system....ummm?

The Whine and cheese Niners fans are already booing the team as they did Thursday night.  The irony is Gabbert is the missing link the Eagles never had under Kelly sans Michael Vick, a running QB.  While Kelly has added some new wrinkles, they get solved quickly because Kelly does not believe in disguising his formations.  That's the fatal flaw of his quick tempo offense in the NFL.   BTW, thanks for quoting me paraphrasing. 

I wouldn't mind Kelly at PSU.  Kelly belongs in NCAA Div I football. 

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:26 PM, Lloyd said:

Is Chip still doing that thing where he doesn't allow audibles, so his QB gets to see in advance that he's about to run into a wall and he does it anyway? 

That's gotta be great for morale. 

Andy did that to McNabb until the Eagles were not making the playoffs after 2004.  I don't know how Bill Belichik works except he listens to Tom Brady during a game. Doug Pederson has shown already that he's not an egotistical control freak head coach.  The previous two Eagle coaches had to be in total control. 

In order for a coach to trust a QB to call audibles, that coach has to trust the QB to not audible from the called play to a worse play. If a QB has not demonstrated that ability, I could hardly blame the coach for not allowing audibles. Doug obviously trusts Carson, would he trust another QB who has only a passing familiarity with the play book?

Im nit if I remeber correctly but, I kinda remembering during some games saying that McNabb wasn't even allowed or didn't have the ability to call the hot route either. 

On 10/8/2016 at 9:10 AM, bwestbrook36 said:

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 1:41 AM, Iggles said:

Who is the hater now?   Check your blood pressure, that response was one angry reply.   HATE HATE HATE.   Prove to me how hateful I am, I can't prove a negative, only you.  

There you go with the hate again.

The hate is ginormous.

WTF is it with you?

Football is not that serious.

Calm dowm before you need a pig's valve for your heart.

On 10/8/2016 at 1:15 PM, eglz1 said:

On 10/8/2016 at 9:45 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

And what injury clauses? What are they find them? Morons

You're both right.

They could have cut him either year. But when they kept him on, the injury clause kicked in. Was A factor but not THE factor that he was benched. That decision was made after the first of second preseason game

1-4 San-Fran 49ers heading into week 6 is better than what I thought Chip Kelly would've done... but the season isn't even at the half way point..

16 hours ago, BronxEagle said:

There you go with the hate again.

The hate is ginormous.

WTF is it with you?

Football is not that serious.

Calm dowm before you need a pig's valve for your heart.

NUTS!

7 hours ago, Iggles said:

NUTS!

The hate is NUTS!

6 hours ago, Iggles said:

You obviously lack irony. 

Not with you he doesn't.

Chip Kelly: “Football decision” only to start Colin Kaepernick

Posted by Josh Alper on October 11, 2016, 2:17 PM EDT
SANTA CLARA, CA - OCTOBER 06:  Head coach Chip Kelly of the San Francisco 49ers looks on from the sidelines during their NFL game against the Arizona Cardinals at Levi's Stadium on October 6, 2016 in Santa Clara, California.  (Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)Getty Images

On Monday, 49ers coach Chip Kelly said that quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s contract would not factor into the team’s decision about who will start at quarterback against the Bills this Sunday.

That didn’t stop a question about Kaepernick’s contract from being asked when Kelly announced that Kaepernick will get the start. Word last week was that the 49ers were talking to Kaepernick about a restructured contract that would remove injury guarantees from his $14.5 million salary for next season, something that would seem to make it likelier that they’d play him ahead of Blaine Gabbert. Kelly reiterated that football was the only reason the move was being made now.

“I don’t deal with contracts,” Kelly said. “It’s got nothing to do with his contract. Football decision. I’ve never discussed his contract nor will I ever discuss his contract.”

Kelly said that he made the announcement now to give Kaepernick as much time as possible with the first team during practice this week. Gabbert will move to the No. 2 spot and Christian Ponder remains the third-string quarterback for an offense that Kelly said needs to improve beyond the quarterback position.

“We’ve had a couple of days to digest everything from where we are, and I think offensively we need to be better and just make a move,” Kelly said. “It’s not Blaine’s fault. I think as a group, offensively, we need to be better in a lot of ways.”

Better quarterback play can help lift other spots, although it remains to be seen whether Kaepernick can provide it almost a year after he last started an NFL game

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/11/chip-kelly-football-decision-only-to-start-colin-kaepernick/