KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

1,388 posts in this topic

ESPN had to lay off 100 reporters to make room for 1 Chip Kelly.

2 people like this

It'll only be a 1 year thing until a nice college HC job opens up.

The question for me is... Does he get to pick the personnel around him? 

If so get ready for a lot of Oregon additions. 

I was twice liked from a post I made two months ago that CK would end up behind a TV camera.  Wrong network,  but wasn't this obvious after SF?  I can't wait for Chip to brag that PSU runs his offense, yet it's half Bill Bradley, so their offense is more complex than what CK ran in Phiily, or SF.  

9 hours ago, Iggles said:

I was twice liked from a post I made two months ago that CK would end up behind a TV camera.  Wrong network,  but wasn't this obvious after SF?  I can't wait for Chip to brag that PSU runs his offense, yet it's half Bill Bradley, so their offense is more complex than what CK ran in Phiily, or SF.  

i was hoping he was going to go on bender  and drive off a cliff . 

16 hours ago, Iggles said:

You mean like, Spielberg or Scorsese? The guy could barely direct 11 offensive players, let alone a whole film production. 

3 people like this

On 5/26/2017 at 6:19 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

Where is wally horse to tell us that he is just waiting for his pick of every school next year?

:roll::roll::roll:

He may be waiting for that, but if this works out, he might never go back to coaching.

1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

:roll::roll::roll:

He may be waiting for that, but if this works out, he might never go back to coaching.

All good haha. You think outside the box 

On 5/27/2017 at 7:38 PM, Lloyd said:

You mean like, Spielberg or Scorsese? The guy could barely direct 11 offensive players, let alone a whole film production. 

Let's be fair, Chip Kelly is the one trick pony with a huge ego.  While he dazzled older Eagle fans with references to Sam Ratigliano from the 1980 Cleveland Browns season in 2013, I bought in that Chip Kelly would bring back the Lombardi "Packer Sweep", and the Joe Gibbs "counter trey", etc.  Kelly has always talked a great game about NFL history, it's that he never applied it.  Kelly was all about "execution".  So yes if your offense is simple, you need an OL who can block on running plays.   It doesn't help if Kelly removes the talent the Eagles had under Andy Reid. 

Kelly was unwilling to alter his offense after it was solved by mid-season 2014.  You really know a person is stubborn when's he's given another opportunity to change under another NFL franchise, and he still runs that same offense that was solved.  Not the offensive genius as advertised.   Kelly belongs behind a desk at ESPN.  

1 person likes this

On 5/27/2017 at 10:43 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

All good haha. You think outside the box 

Yeah, though I do think he could still wind up at Arkansas if Bret Bilema has another screwy season there.  Jerry Jones is an alum and I would think he'd want Kelly to take over his alma mater.  

On 5/27/2017 at 4:38 PM, Lloyd said:

Nah, Bro.  I think he means that Kelly is going to be holding the camera - doing the actual filming.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

Nah, Bro.  I think he means that Kelly is going to be holding the camera - doing the actual filming.

Haha, joke on me, but yesterday I did say "behind a desk".  

They should put together the all awful NFLer turned announcer team:

Brady Quinn at QB

Matt Millen as GM

Chip Kelly as head coach

1 person likes this