Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

That's right...Chip didn't "smear" Jackson. He released him for being to small, or was it because he didn't fit the culture? Or both. Either way, it was a lie. Which, as we now know, is pretty typical for Kelly.

chip definitely made stuff up but, I dont think the gang stuff was his doing. The media needed to find a juicy reason for letting him go

Umm yeah let's just act like chip never came up with the gang affiliations Crapola. I know it was nj.com that actually posted the story but chip being the boss was themain reason it all went down.

Well if he did then it was stupidity of unbelievably epic proportions, because that was supposedly one of the reasons that was cited for being unable to trade him.

They tried trading him for a month while Chip said good things about him.

Gang rumor posted, a few hours later he was cut.

For a whole month, no one wanted to trade for Jackson without any "smear."

Umm yeah let's just act like chip never came up with the gang affiliations Crapola. I know it was nj.com that actually posted the story but chip being the boss was themain reason it all went down.

The fact that all the gang stuff was never an issue before or after just Confirmed the stupidity and petty nature of this organization

Umm no. The NJ.com story ruined any small remaining chance the Eagles had of trading Jackson. Why would the Eagles hurt themselves?

NJ.com reached out to the Eagles and Desean 2 days before the story was going to be published and asked for them to comment, which both sides obviously declined to do.

More raw meat for the Chip haters

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/5154093-181/grant-cohn-chip-kelly-assembles

Chip Kelly will be better than Jim Tomsula, right?

Just look at their résumés: Kelly is a bright, innovative offensive coach; Tomsula is a butcher. Kelly won 10 games in a season twice with the Philadelphia Eagles; Tomsula couldn’t win 10 games if you gave him two years. Kelly had tremendous success in college and probably would be one of the best head coaches in the NCAA right now if he weren’t coaching the 49ers; Tomsula is an embarrassment who couldn’t get a head-coaching gig in college, high school or pee-wee football. The butcher shop doesn’t even want him anymore, according to sources. The guy needs to leave town, change his name and wear a disguise. I suggest Groucho glasses, the pair with the fake nose.

Kelly’s stock couldn’t possibly sink that low, right? He still can show his face, although probably not in Philly. Philly ran him out of town. And no NFL team other than the Niners wanted any part of Kelly. The Niners were the only team that interviewed him.

In that sense, Kelly and Tomsula have a lot in common. Both were terrible last season. Kelly had no other NFL offers when the 49ers hired him in 2016, and Tomsula had no other offers when the Niners hired him in 2015. Kelly allegedly was the 49ers’ second choice for the head-coaching job after Hue Jackson, and Tomsula allegedly was the 49ers’ second choice for the head-coaching job after Adam Gase. Kelly failed to land his first choice for defensive coordinator — Mike Vrabel, and Tomsula failed to land his first choice for offensive coordinator — Rob Chudzinski.

Kelly and Tomsula have even more in common.

Once each became head coach of the Niners, both assembled bad coaching staffs full of assistants no other teams wanted. NFL rejects.

Good head coaches hire good assistants, regardless of the sport. Look at the Giants. Pitching coach Dave Righetti is the best. Or the Warriors. They started this season without their head coach, Steve Kerr, and still went 39-4 because Luke Walton and Ron Adams are premier assistant coaches in the NBA.

The Niners used to have premier assistants when Jim Harbaugh was the head coach. He came to Santa Clara in 2011 and hired four assistants who had at least 20 seasons of coaching experience in the NFL: defensive coordinator Vic Fangio, defensive backs coach Ed Donatell, offensive line coach Mike Solari and Special Teams coordinator Brad Seely. Four expensive, respected assistants who could coach wherever they wanted.

Get a load of Kelly’s coaching staff: Zero assistants with 20 years of NFL coaching experience, and just three with more than 10 years. The Niners coach with most experience in the league? Running backs coach Tom Rathman. Seriously.

On defense, Kelly’s entire staff has only 32 years of NFL coaching experience, and outside linebackers coach Jason Tarver accounts for 15 of those years. Inside linebackers coach Hardy Nickerson accounts for three, defensive line coach Jerry Azzinaro also accounts for three, defensive backs coach Jeff Halfey accounts for four and defensive coordinator Jim O’Neil accounts for seven.

That has to be by far the most inexperienced defensive staff in the NFL.

The offensive staff isn’t much better. Offensive coordinator Curtis Modkins has coached in the NFL for only eight seasons. Last season, he coached running backs for the Detroit Lions who finished dead last in rushing. You can’t make this stuff up.

Not so far from wrong though.  You'd think Chip would have learned something about having competent assistants the past few years. Perhaps not.

More raw meat for the Chip haters

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/5154093-181/grant-cohn-chip-kelly-assembles

Not so far from wrong though.  You'd think Chip would have learned something about having competent assistants the past few years. Perhaps not.

I think competent assistants learned something about Chip Kelly and decided they wanted no part of working with him. 

Chip Kelly has the 49ers buying into his style and system

-f5982a52b837e288.JPG

Chip Kelly and the San Francisco 49ers are nearly a week into getting to know each other, and players are excited about his leadership.

Kelly and the 49ers are continuing their first week of the team's offseason training program and for the players who are present at the voluntary camp, they like what they have seen.

"It's Chip's way," linebacker NoVarro Bowman told reporters Wednesday afternoon. "And I'm all in."

Bowman said Kelly's style for the defense is to be "relentless." That was good news for Bowman, who led the NFL in tackles with 154 and earned All-Pro honors in 2015 on defense  that struggled defensively in 2015, ranking 29th in total defense, 29th in rushing defense, 27th in passing defense and 18th in scoring. 

"I was the first person to agree with it. We're expected to play relentless at all times," Bowman added. "There are some things we lacked last year and we have to play a certain way to get where we want."

After Kelly was fired in Philadelphia, some Eagles defensive players complained that Kelly's up-tempo offense forced the defense to spend extra time on the field. The Eagles defense led the NFL in number of plays in two of Kelly's nearly three seasons in Philadelphia.

Bowman wasn't buying into that theory.

"I'm not looking at it as getting tired or exhausted," Bowman said. "I've never, in a thousand years, ever heard someone not want to be on the field."

Running back Carlos Hyde is eager to learn and play in Kelly's offense. Former Philadelphia running back LeSean McCoy produced the best seasons of his career while playing in Kelly's offense. Hyde, who missed the final nine games of the season with a stress fracture in his foot, said he's familiar with Kelly's style on offense.

"I'm already familiar with this type of offense," Hyde told the San Jose Mercury-News. "I played it (at Ohio State), the up-tempo, no-huddle offense. I'm excited to be in it."

The players said Kelly is giving everyone a clean slate and a chance to start over. That philosophy gives everyone a chance to forget the disastrous 2015 season, when the 49ers posted a record of 5-11 amid internal disarray and problems on the field.

That's the same crap they said when he first got here. And lol at Hyde saying he played the same offense in college. Hyde has the same skill set as Murray too. Lol he is gonna get blown up behind the line just like Murray too

Many Eagles players were all in before, too.

Carson Wentz, Jared Goff visiting 49ers this week

502831990-e1460374964635.jpg?w=230

The 49ers have the No. 7 pick in the first round and their quarterback situation is unsettled, which is a combination that could lead them to select a signal caller later this month.

They’ll spend some time this week meeting with the two quarterbacks projected to go off the board at the top of the first round. Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reports that Carson Wentz and Jared Goff are both scheduled to be at the team’s facility in the next few days.

The 49ers scouted Wentz’s pro day in North Dakota and coach Chip Kelly made the short trip to Berkeley to watch Goff work out twice in March. With the Browns looking like a good bet to take a quarterback with the No. 2 pick, the 49ers might not have a choice between the two players when they are on the clock. Should the Titans deal the first overall pick to a team enchanted by one of the quarterbacks, both players could be gone.

As of now, the 49ers have Blaine Gabbert and Colin Kaepernick at quarterback although a trade involving Kaepernick and the Broncos remains a possibility with the Broncos still looking for options under center.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/11/carson-wentz-jared-goff-visiting-49ers-this-week/

Where have I heard this before?

Chip Kelly, S.F. 49ers vying for top pick of 2016 NFL Draft: Report

Chip Kelly and the San Francisco 49ers are reportedly trying to make sure they are in position to select a quarterback in the 2016 NFL Draft.

The 49ers, who currently possess the seventh overall pick of the draft, are interested in California's Jared Goff and North Dakota State's Carson Wentz, who are widely considered the two best quarterbacks in the draft. The 49ers have watched Goff and Wentz perform during each player's pro day.

The question is whether either player will be available for the 49ers.

The Cleveland Browns, with the second overall pick, are expected to select either Goff or Wentz. The next four teams (San Diego, Dallas, Jacksonville, Baltimore) are not expected to select a quarterback. In this scenario, one of the two quarterbacks would fall to the 49ers at No. 7.

The problem for the 49ers is there are other teams who could be interested in selecting Goff or Wentz. The Philadelphia Eagles, who sit eighth in the draft, have also conducted private workouts with Goff and Wentz and Doug Pederson likes both quarterbacks, fueling speculation about his intentions. In addition, Los Angeles Rams, who possess the 15th selection, could be in the market.

It's very unlikely Goff or Wentz will be available for the Eagles or Rams.

With the Browns almost certain to take a quarterback, the only way for the other three teams to ensure they'll get the other guy is to strike a deal with the Tennessee Titans, who possess the top pick of the draft. The Titans are openly saying they're ready to deal.

The 49ers have reportedly engaged in talks with the Titans about acquiring the top pick of the draft. The 49ers don't know if they'll have Colin Kaepernick on the roster for training camp and Kelly may not be ready to turn the reins over to Blaine Gabbert, who is under contract for just the 2016 season. They do want a quarterback to groom for the future.

The ink was barely dry on the two-year, $36 million contract with Sam Bradford before the Eagle started showing interest in college quarterbacks. Bradford looks to be a stopgap measure, unless he plays very well during the season.

The Rams recently named Case Keenum as the starting quarterback going into training camp. It's unlikely he's someone the Rams want as the starting quarterback during their first year in the star-driven Los Angeles market. They could be looking to make a splash by trading up all the way to the top.

The 49ers have the advantage in terms of what they can offer the Titans. They have a higher first-round pick than the Eagles and the 49ers have a second-round pick (37th) while the Eagles currently do not have a second-round pick. The 49ers also have better first and second-round picks than the Rams.

The 49ers could opt to not select a quarterback in the first round and look to the second round. General manager Trent Baalke is reportedly leaning toward this scenario, with quarterbacks such as Michigan State's Connor Cook, Stanford's Kevin Hogan and Penn State's Christian Hackenberg are likely to be available.

I really hope he screws them by trading everything. 49ers are in a lot worse shape then us and they really can't afford to blow picks on trading up

This fanbase will lose it if Chip gets a franchise QB and the Eagles draft a DT or RB.

I really hope he screws them by trading everything. 49ers are in a lot worse shape then us and they really can't afford to blow picks on trading up

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Kap is dumber than I thought. If he takes the 4 mill pay cut he goes to Denver. He would be the favorite to start. He has great wr's to throw to and a great defense. He can revive his career possibly.

He should be jumping on this. Get on board with Denver early instead of wasting valuable time w/ chip and the niners where everyone knows he will not succeed.

Kap is dumber than I thought. If he takes the 4 mill pay cut he goes to Denver. He would be the favorite to start. He has great wr's to throw to and a great defense. He can revive his career possibly.

He should be jumping on this. Get on board with Denver early instead of wasting valuable time w/ chip and the niners where everyone knows he will not succeed.

Because he needs his swap and rep bro.   :lol:   A couple years ago a Seahawks fan made this to mock him compared to Wilson.

KAW6hk2.jpg

See. Desean DOES have gang ties

49ers LT Joe Staley said he is looking forward to playing in coach Chip Kelly's offense.

"It fits my skill set pretty well," Staley said. "Tackles are out in space a lot more, a lot more pulling, a lot more using some sort of big-guy athleticism, more so than other systems, from what I've seen so far." Staley said the offense compares favorably to the one he ran at Central Michigan under Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly. Entering his age-32 season, Staley remains one of the better left tackles in the league.

:lol:

Oh Chip...

Brandon Lee Gowton @BrandonGowton 2h2 hours ago

“I continue to hear Chip Kelly is more enamored with trying to resurrect Blaine Gabbert's career”

And take this FWIW:

975TheFanatic @ 975TheFanatic 4h4 hours ago

“I already hear there’s problems in the building between Chip & Baalke” - @BaldyNFL

:lol:

"using some sort of big-guy athleticism"

Good luck man.

According to the Sacramento Bee's Matt Barrows, franchise-tagged RE Muhammad Wilkerson "would love" to play for the 49ers.

You say that now... :roll:

I love that guys in the NFL are excited to run an offense they played in college lmao

Worked for RGIII, at least for a while.