Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

Chip Kelly, 49ers to trade up to No. 4 in 2016 NFL draft, select QB Wentz: Report

Chip Kelly and the San Francisco 49ers may have figured out a way to select a quarterback in the 2016 NFL Draft.

The 49ers will make a trade with the Dallas Cowboys and move up to the fourth overall position and select North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz, according to a report.

Currently, the 49ers possess the seventh overall pick of the draft. Quarterback Colin Kaepernick participated in the team's offseason training program, but his status is uncertain. He may be traded or he may remain with the team. Blaine Gabbert is also on the roster, but there is some speculation the 49ers want to select a quarterback to groom for the future.

The 49ers probably felt fairly confident either Wentz or Jared Goff would be available at the seventh pick. However, the Los Angeles Rams swooped in and completed a trade with the Tennessee Titans to acquire the top overall pick. The Rams are expected to select either Wentz or Goff with the top pick.

The trade upset the 49ers potential plans. Now, just one quarterback will be available after the Rams make their choice. The Cleveland Browns could pick the leftover quarterback with the second pick, but they signed Robert Griffin III and are reportedly looking to trade down to acquire more draft picks.

The San Diego Chargers have Philip Rivers and aren't interested in drafting a quarterback with the third overall pick. The Cowboys are the wild card with the fourth pick. They need a quarterback - they reportedly conducted a private workout with Goff Saturday - but they may opt to wait until the second round to select a quarterback and could be willing to swap first-round picks with the 49ers.

http://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index.ssf/2016/04/chip_kelly_49ers_to_trade_up_t.html

That doesn't even make sense

Lol...I know...Then this now

Report: Goff visiting 49ers Monday

456468644-e1461002560581.jpg?w=250

Former Cal quarterback Jared Goff is visiting the 49ers Monday, Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reported Monday.

The 49ers hold the No. 7 overall pick in next week’s draft, and quarterback is one of several directions the team could go in the first round as the Chip Kelly Era begins.

Goff grew up in the Bay Area. He’s been linked to another California team, the Rams, who traded to acquire the No. 1 overall pick last week. The Rams aren’t letting their plans for that top pick slip, but it’s believed they’ll select either Goff or former North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz.

Both Goff and Wentz are scheduled to visit the Rams this week.

Goff has stayed busy on the workout and visit circuit. He worked out for the Cowboys last weekend.

I realize if this trade is going to happen, it's going to likely happen when Dallas is on the clock, but it would be funny if they did the deal ahead of time, and the Browns ended up taking whoever the Rams don't select.

I realize if this trade is going to happen, it's going to likely happen when Dallas is on the clock, but it would be funny if they did the deal ahead of time, and the Browns ended up taking whoever the Rams don't select.

Yeah it's probably another one of those trades that is verbally sort of in place if someone falls.  

Reportedly in the lead for Josh Norman

Culture

They are not in the position to win now. Why take a shot at a 29 yr old shut down corner if they are not competing? Well in Chip's mind he thinks they will

They are not in the position to win now. Why take a shot at a 29 yr old shut down corner if they are not competing? Well in Chip's mind he thinks they will

Why would The 49ers want him to think otherwise?

:roll:

The hate is consuming.

So the 9ers GM says that they like conner cook a lot because he came from a pro style offense?? Lol,if that's true I can believe there is friction with him and chip. Do you know who your coach is baalke!?! Good lord

49ers "retired" RT Anthony Davis tweeted, "I do not want to work with a front office or anyone else who seemingly doesn't want to win as bad as I do."

Davis has been hinting at a comeback for months but has yet to file the paperwork for reinstatement. The 49ers still own his rights but it doesn't look like Davis wants to be part of the team's rebuilding movement. Rumors surfaced earlier this month that the 49ers were shopping Davis, but GM Trent Baalke quickly shot those down. Davis' status with the team is in limbo right now.

49ers "retired" RT Anthony Davis tweeted, "I do not want to work with a front office or anyone else who seemingly doesn't want to win as bad as I do."

Davis has been hinting at a comeback for months but has yet to file the paperwork for reinstatement. The 49ers still own his rights but it doesn't look like Davis wants to be part of the team's rebuilding movement. Rumors surfaced earlier this month that the 49ers were shopping Davis, but GM Trent Baalke quickly shot those down. Davis' status with the team is in limbo right now.

yup, it's clear that the 9ers front office is way worse then ours and chip said it is so great lol

So do the 49ers trade back and take Lynch later? Stay at 7 and take BPA?

So do the 49ers trade back and take Lynch later? Stay at 7 and take BPA?

well they probably don't want a lineman cause they don't have any

yup, it's clear that the 9ers front office is way worse then ours and chip said it is so great lol

well they probably don't want a lineman cause they don't have any

The hate is superlative.

When Chip was here the thought was that he'd place priority on offense in the draft, and other than Marcus Smith his 1st and 2nd round picks were all offense.  He did draft more defense overall but they were in rounds 3 or later.   

Does he take Elliot at 7?  Or does he take a top defensive talent that may fall?

When Chip was here the thought was that he'd place priority on offense in the draft, and other than Marcus Smith his 1st and 2nd round picks were all offense. He did draft more defense overall but they were in rounds 3 or later.

Does he take Elliot at 7? Or does he take a top defensive talent that may fall?

he will take jack because his knees are shot

he will take jack because his knees are shot

This is great!

This is the most incredible hate for one person to another that I will probably ever see in my lifetime!

Well... that was until Sam Bradford asked for a trade.

This is great!

This is the most incredible hate for one person to another that I will probably ever see in my lifetime!

hey at least I'm consistent about it lol

This is great!

The hate is engulfing.