Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KOJO

***OFFICIAL SF 49ers/Chip Kelly 1-and-done thread***

Copycats. :nonono:

Well our team is copying the Browns afterall, so...

hahahahahahaha  jesus christ, Chip is a moron.  Trade back into the 1st to take a 3rd round Guard.  hahahahahahahahahahaha     Not even the top Guard available... what a moron. hahahahahaha

At LEAST he got an offensive lineman.

hahahahahahaha  jesus christ, Chip is a moron.  Trade back into the 1st to take a 3rd round Guard.  hahahahahahahahahahaha     Not even the top Guard available... what a moron. hahahahahaha

So who drafted Marcus Smith?   I think we now know.  The Niners traded up to grab a guard nobody wanted until the 60th overall pick.  It's the Eagles all over again, Chip wanted his guy in the first round, a poor sap on the DL who was another overreach that will be useless under Chip Kelly in SF.  The Niners GM get's his overreach for a OG.  The cancer of Chip Kelly has already begun.  

I now think Chip Kelly wanted Roseman out because he couldn't take that a pencil pushing work his way up the ranks company man could out-draft, and out-deal Kelly "the football genius".  Remember Tom Gamble is currently with the Niners. 

Rumor has it Chip made them take Arik Armstead last draft because he knew he would be coach there this season.

is this serious?

Niners take Buckner.

quack quack

Isn't Buckner a projected good player?

:roll:  :roll:

It didn't matter who Chip picked.

The hate just keeps rolling along.

As much as he may carry himself like he knows everything, make no mistake about it - that doughboy has no idea what he's doing. I don't know how he got a second chance just 16 days removed from turning everything in his path to diarrhea when he was here.

I'm just glad it's not our problem anymore.

:roll::roll:

:roll::roll:

I think the point is he had more pressing needs

I think the point is he had more pressing needs

A projected good defensive player is always a good pick.

What happens afterwards is up to that player.

It's interesting though that Kelly took a defensive player 1st where in his 3 drafts with the Eagles only did that once.  So in 4 years in the NFL he's gone 2 offense, 2 defense despite the notion that he favors offense.  And Buckner was projected to some teams higher, even at one point 4th or 5th overall.  They may have been surprised he fell to them.

I said it when he was here and it is the same in San Fran:  I didn't see anything wrong with taking players from the conference he was comfortable with - within reason - because the players either know the system, or he knew the players from playing against them like Ertz.  He also drafted guys from the SEC and other conferences as well.  

I do think he reached for Huff and Hart, but you're going to have a little of that.  He definitely reached for Garnett last night.

One thing is for sure:  I don't know how anyone can debate that the coach doesn't dictate the draft philosophy and there's nothing wrong with that.  A GM should get guys that fit the coach's system.  The 2 drafts with Howie in charge and now last night with Baalke as GM his teams took Oregon and Pac-12 guys that fit the style Chip wants.  So when people try to blame Howie solely for picks before Chip had full control you have to understand that Chip influenced the draft like any coach would.  No GM should just dump players on a coach they don't want - hence Marcus Smith.  Chip wanted Jordan Matthews, Howie said we can get him in the 2nd and forced Marcus Smith on him.  

The right way is to work together and the GM to veto stupid decisions but within reason and for good value take the guys the coaches want for their roster.

is this serious?

Sounds legit to me.  I know he's been linked to the Danny Watkins pick a couple of years before he became the Eagles head coach.  He's been pulling strings in the NFL for a while now.

Sounds legit to me.  I know he's been linked to the Danny Watkins pick a couple of years before he became the Eagles head coach.  He's been pulling strings in the NFL for a while now.

C'MON, MAN!

:roll:

I thought that was a really good pick. That team is full of needs but Buckner is supposed to be very good.