Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Can Free Agency Help Bolster O-Line?

It is no secret that the Eagles would like to bolster the offensive line, that while they have the belief in tackles Lane Johnson and Jason Peters along with center Jason Kelce, there are question marks at the guard spots. At noon on Monday, the chase begins in the NFL free agency period ...

View the full article

Sure it can. I think the bigger question is can we get Peters to take a pay cut and slide inside to the guard position, slide Johnson to LT and get a RT FA?

GBFL.. You should tweet Dave and try to get him to bring you on board or at least hint to get him to look at this board again and get some of you noticed as I think you guys could help this team more than they think!

some good proven o linemen in FA, just have a feeling they are gonna be expensive... draft would be better, but not deep, so if not at 13 then might not get anyone worth it. , but still not settled on back up QB as far as I am concerned.

Hey All Y'all...rlub87...If Peters is healthy he is best left at LT...If he isn't, we should move on...With Peters at LT, a G in FA, a G and G/T possibly a C in Draft or undrafted and the O-Line should be much better...And Gardner coming back healthy will help too...Fly Eagles Fly!

yeah asked Dave to give my wish list to Howie in the lunchroom lol.Although we have different ideas/players,I think they would see we all have good ideas

Rod we better do BOTH,we need help and we need their future replacements.Doing just ONE will not solve the LT problem

27-how about moving Peters to G? He would have a few years left there-aka buys little time,mentor the new draftees and still be a rock on the line.He would have to take a smaller paycheck,but at 34 is that so terrible?

I think the Eagles should run a contest for one fan to win an all expenses paid trip to sit in the Eagles draft room in Chicago this April 28th. The winner could then report back to the rest of us fans how the experience went.

LOL yeah I said that a year ago,be a nice "promo" for them.I was thinking 3 winners

All 3 days-with REAL INPUT lol

Anyway,I read somewhere that Peters kind of expects to end his career as a G.So it's not like this would be a shock to him.May as well make the move while he is an Eagle lol

Freak-I dunno,I'm confused too.This article says Wed,the link says tomorrow(sheesh)

DC-thanks for that.Clear as mud

But noone can sign until the 15th as I understand things

FA's can sign 4 P.M March 9th, that's when the new league year begins.

An overview of key dates on the 2016 NFL calendar:

March 7-9: Clubs are permitted to contact and enter into contract negotiations with the certified agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4 p.m. ET on March 9.

March 9: 2016 league year begins. Free-agency period begins at 4 p.m. ET.

March 20-23: Annual league meeting, Boca Raton, Florida.

April 4: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2015 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.

April 18: Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.

April 22: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets.

Mid-to-late April: 2016 schedule release

April 28-30: 2016 NFL Draft, Chicago.

May 6-9 or May 13-16: Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.

May 19-22: NFLPA Rookie Premiere. Invited rookies (typically, first- and/or second-round selections) must be permitted by their respective clubs to attend. Such players are unavailable for offseason workouts, OTA days and minicamps during this period.

May 23-25: NFL spring league meeting, Charlotte, North Carolina.

June 19-25: Rookie Symposium, Aurora, Ohio.

July 15: Deadline (4 p.m. ET) for any club that designated a franchise player to sign such player to a multiyear contract or extension. After this date, the player may sign only a one-year contract with his prior club for the 2016 season, and such contract cannot be extended until after the club's last regular-season game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14752579/2016-nfl-key-dates

Are we still talking about Jason Peters! LOL You know that sometimes you have to look at what is in the best interest of the player rather than what is in the best interest of the ball club. Especially when the player can't make the decision himself because of the money involved. I believe the Eagles should release Peters. Sure there will probably be some animosity on his part towards the ball club like there was when the Eagles released Brian Westbrook due to health issues (Concussions) but just like Westbrook eventually came around and got re involved with the ball club, Peters will as well. The best thing for Peters health at this juncture is to take about 50 pounds off of his frame. It is obvious to me that if his problem could be corrected with surgery it would have already been done.

I guess Buffalo get shagged cause on their site it says they can't sign until the 15th lol

I think it was originally scheduled for the 15th, because a lot of sites had it scheduled for the 15th

Peters said he wants to keep playing,even as a G.Isn't that in his best interest if that's what he wants to do? if we don't fell he can handle it,he will play G someplace else

Peters said he wants to keep playing,even as a G.Isn't that in his best interest if that's what he wants to do? if we don't fell he can handle it,he will play G someplace else

*feel

ok well the good 'ol NFL can't even keep an issued schedule lol

@GBFL - If you remember, Westbrook wanted to keep playing as well. After he went to the 49er's it didn't take him long to find out that the Eagles were correct and he was wrong!

Well,let him try.It's his job to lose as a G if he wants to take a shot.We know he can play T,and G isn;t quite as tough,so maybe he has a few years left at G.I have no clue as always lol

Pity Tebow is so steadfast on "QB or nothing" cause he would make a nice TE lol