Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Can Free Agency Help Bolster O-Line?

Hi DC, Well the rumors are that he may play for the Rams next year.

Why would he go to the Rams? He'd have to play against Eli next year, that was Eli's whole deal when he was drafted by the Chargers, which is why he was traded to the Giants, also when Peyton was let go by the Colts, it's the reason he stayed in the AFC.

@ GBFL - The IMG academy here in Bradenton is a private institution where kids can come from all over the world to a high school that stresses sports. You actually live on campus at the high school. The cost is about 40,000 a year to attend unless you can get a scholarship. They have football, soccer, tennis,baseball and some others. I was talking to their director of football operations the other day (by accident) at my grandson's high school football spring scrimmage with their team. I was surprised to find out (after the fact) that he was Steve Walsh who played for the Cowboys. LMAO Anyway, I got a little curious about the alumni that graduated from their football team who are currently playing in the NFL and found a list of current players. They are : Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Luke Kuechly, Josh Freemen, Christian Ponder, Dunta Robinson, Randall Cobb, Anthony Castonzo, Gerald McCoy, Roger Saffold, Kyle Rudolph, and Mark Herzlich. Not too bad of an alumni group would you say? LOL

Yes I read somewhere that the Mannings are contemplating going together to purchase the Titans. That could just be rumors though.

Wow not even sure what to say about that Mock draft......Oregon QB in the 3rd round no thanks also not a fan of the Indiana QB in the later rounds(rather take Brandon Allen).....WR not sure who he is,

JACK CONKLIN seems to have passed Decker on some of the experts big boards lol.... They also have them ranked round the 19-25 in the draft so makes me wonder if they truly would be the BPA when we are sitting on the clock at 13?????

Okay BG93 - You are the GM! Will you take the risk of Conklin or Decker being there in the lower first round and trade the 13th pick for the second round pick and the 25 pick in the first round?

>>DC: Tommy Lawlor is sliding over to the "dark side": see no evil / hear no evil / speak no evil. A great Eagles fan and blogger has lost his "objectivity" and appears to be competing with Soadaro for house lap-dog. I used to like Lawlor --less now.

Howie is going to have to spend "real money" for a guard better than Barbre / Gardner / Tobin.

Glad David Molk retired. Never impressed me--and given his anonymous book on hating life in the NFL: retirement is best for him. Peace of Mind is priceless. Maybe my boy Josh Andrews steps up. Or Barrett Jones. Or. Is it the illusion of depth?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000641197/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2016-nfl-draft

pretty interesting look at some so called experts top 50 rankings......

Daniel Jetemiah is Howie's pal.

Fun looking over each list. Each team will have a list --love to see Patriots / Ravens / Seattle / Denver versions.

Eagles FO is really under-manned and under managed due to the shake out with Chip. Think CONSERVATIVE BG93. What was learned from Watkins & Smith.

At 13 you have a quality WR, OL, DL, DB and QB... Who or What do you choose.

I really like Hunter Henry--not sure I'd stick my neck out for him at 13. I like him better than any WR this year. Pretty sure he's a blue chip.

Team really needs Conkin or Stanley or Decker.

Probably the safest / conservative choice.

QB. Don't even go there with me. Veteran Retread is my motto.

Wrang....I don't think the Eagles will be in a spot come the draft that we HAVE to select an OL.... So at 13 I would be fine going another position if we thought the player was better..... Round 3 we could then end up snagging the Stanford G or maybe Nick Martin

Woody....what was learned from Watkins & Ms2 don't reach for needs at least that should have been the lesson

WTF IS SAFEST PICK OL bust at the same rate as any other position woody get real

Watkins was suppose to be a safe pick that could step in and start day 1 we remember how that worked right???? How about Luke Joeckel couple years ago another sure fire can't miss OL hmmmmmm

Seattle gets picked apart all the time or there draft picks which are strange and hey they have missed on a few of those so called safe OL picks as well

>>>BG93: you tell me what was learned from Watkins or Smith? If you learned "nothing" you'll repeat the mistake---until you get it---

I believe a player has to be "on fire" for a professional career. Being a dominating athlete is enough to have an impressive collegiate career.

Guys like Watkins, Smith and other miscues ( Dion Jordan in Miami) got by the scouts & interviews. You know the Rd1 picks are really scrutinized. Gotta find and figure out what was missed.

Woody....there is no science into drafting we are going to miss on players EVERY TEAM DOES I don't care if it is NE, Seattle, Denver you name it the good teams tend to hit more then they miss though.... So get over Ms2 Howie missed he Fed up hope he learns from it and grows from it.... As for Watkins im tired of hearing his name he was AR pick all the way JUST STOP
Lastly comparing top half draft pick vs end of 1st round borderline 2nd rounders isn't quite the same thing...... The point though I am making in all of this is I don't want to pass up on a great talent because we think we A. have to force an OL in round 1 or B. in your case Woody scared to take a skill position for some mumbo jumpo reasons and take the so called safe pick(which is BS no such thing)

Honestly I don't care if the Eagles draft an OL if it is MSU guy or Decker hell we can take a G like Whitehair for all I care but I want us to take them because we think they are the best player and hopefully they can come in and start for us and play at a high level for there career not just select them because we feel as though we NEED to take an OL round 1

I see it like this in 3-5-7 years time if who ever we selected at 13 is starting and playing at a high level none of us are going to sit there and complain well I can't believe we took this guy at 13 isn't going to happen.....

>>MJK: not willing to draft Hunter Henry at 13. But, he is my "blue chip player"--home run player-- think some team will snatch him in Rd1.

Happy with Conklin if Eagles draft him. Adds depth. Top 4 of his draft class. All good. Conservative! Practical.

>>BG93: exactly--let's add that a round 1 player unless he's a QB-- probably should take over a starting role at some point during rookie season.