Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Can Free Agency Help Bolster O-Line?

3/4 of these people being linked to us are your typical howie pick up, they will follow the same path as fletcher and chung etc.  Would rather not even waste the money on these players, because that is what it is, a waste and a disrespectful gesture to the eagles organization.  

All I am hearing is no backup should thrive for more from you guys just know you place and deal with it...... Hey Grimes you dope how could you not stick to being that UDFA that barely deserved a roster spot how could you go on to be a successful starter when given a fair chance and go chance a payday

I don't care what he did in Pittsburgh... Jenkins was avg. at best with the Saints what is he doing now???? Boykin had success here with us would I take him back on a cheap deal yes yes I would

Wow! I'm sorry that I brought up the topic of Boykin. All I did was forwarded the info that I read that he was on the Eagles radar.

Wrang- He gave the phrase "I'll give you a hand" A whole new meaning...lol

Boykin? Really? He is getting too much attention on here guys... give it a rest.

C'mon Wood Boykin would hardly be the first player looking to up his value when new contract time was coming. I mean you guys do know that by you saying Boykin was given a fair chance to start outside you are saying Bradley Fletcher was the champion and better corner over Boykin(and Carroll for that matter). I don't believe he should have won the job over either. It seems every offensive coordinator is on my side. As for Boykin getting traded to Pitt. and him not working out. Sure he has to eat some humble pie. Probably makes him hungry;) But you are talking different techniques and responsibilities. He had to learn. So him not winning a starting job isn't even a surprise to me. Pitt. Did give him a legit opportunity though...not like here.

WTF do you expect Boykin was vastly under-payed for what he brought to our team for 2 years... He was one of if not the best slot CB in football....How the hell can you blame the guy for wanting to get paid???? If I was him I would have wanted to wait till FA to see what I could make if the Eagles weren't going to give me a good deal

He wanted a chance to see if he could play outside he never got that chance here and it didn't work in Pittsburgh... I don't think he has an issue with the slot but more with the fact he was never given a chance to see if he could even play outside(even more pissed when we had 2 CBs he was better then)

@Stine - The Giants were interested in signing Mario Williams until they found out the asking price was 10 mil a year. LOL Then JPP became attractive again.

>>>Wrang: Brandon Boykin was YOUR idea?

The kid played fine as slot DB. A couple of stories about him and big plays ---made his head swell up. Then he wanted an opportunity at corner ( money). He was too small for Chip's system--so he went to Pittsburgh.

He basically flopped hard enough in Pittsburgh he ended up on the bench.

Can we move forward? You are give impressionable BG93 more crazy ideas.

OK, I am going home now... Why don't you two agree to disagree and move on... I have!

we needed him at cover slot,so thats where they put him.Pity he wasn't happy enough to be a good slot cover.EGO's we don't need-so for the last time I say no thanks

Oh crap!! I would rather have Boykin!! Did I just say that....?

McKelvin sucks