Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Can Free Agency Help Bolster O-Line?

Just like I said. 3 mil a year to be a jack of all trades sub. Sort of like Biggers. Hey, You have to trust in Schwartz because you have no alternative.

Wrangler 10 mil a season would be a bargain for Mario Williams. Watch what he ends up signing for. Any team even kicking the tires in his direction knows it's over eight figures per season.

This dude is literally another Biggers, except older and can't finish a whole season......First move to piss me off this year...

@Woody - No Boykin was not my idea. He was the Eagle's idea! I read they were interested in him again this morning and brought it over to our page. Man am I sorry about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how do you know he will get burned all year? the funny thing about defense is you can scheme so many ways. remember the great asante samuel? he played in a cover 2 system mainly for the eagles. safety over the top most plays so he could jump on anything he saw underneath. worked very well. new coordinator right? maybe we will be giving corners more help and getting back to an attacking front 7. oh wait the dcdid say he wants to attack with the d line men. lets wait till we see what the defense lines up in during preseason game 1 before we shoot down guys coming in. football schemes can easily make or break a player.

@Cuningham - Rumor has it that the Dolphins will be signing Williams. Just wondering now if they will take the tag off of Jordan and let him enter free agency.

Like I was saying 3 mil a year for a player of his experience is a good deal

Yup, I'm good with it and he was scheduled to meet with Dallas, so, there's that.

we needed him at cover slot,so thats where they put him.Pity he wasn't happy enough to be a good slot cover.EGO's we don't need-so for the last time I say no thanks

guess we shouldnt pay fletcher any money since he should be happy getting paid like a rook right?  Boykin was mad that he outplayed both fletcher and williams but was still being stuck inside not because of his play but because he was a few inches shorter than the other guys.  If the NFL got rid of all the players that whined, there wouldn't be an NFL because at one point in time every single player has whined about something.  No idea what your hate is with boykin, but how you can like a team yet hate a player that has whined is just beyond me....shoot you are whining now about it......

Now on to who we just signed as CB, cheaper than maxwell yes but he is complete garbage compared to him.  Another year with us being in the bottom of the nfl in defense.  I cant blame Cox for not signing longterm here yet, he wants to be on a team that can actually put his talent to good use while also winning games.