Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Can Free Agency Help Bolster O-Line?

Wrang, Tenn has 1st pick... I was just talking about Miami. Seems like a pretty good deal, I wonder if Ham would be satisfied with that one? Tenn, I expect a 5th-7th rounder... good thing with both of these teams, its early picks for each round.

MJK, its time that our new coaches get their own players... forget 2016 holes! This is year one of the new regime, you gotta think more than just this year ... hopefully the last coach made that point!

Hey, I'm just reacting to using limited funds on a backup player, a luxury afforded to teams without so many holes to fill and re-signings to make.

Limited funds? How about we wait and see how the deal is structured first?

No Mas Exactly what I was hoping for...it's all about us targeting a specific player in the draft. Of coarse I like it so that report is probably erroneous.

No Mas I think we are giving up a pick as well

FYI Joe I doubt you followed McKelvin at all, I got to see him play every Sunday (if and when he is healthy) and he is a bum. He is a Biggers clone.

DC.... 2 years 6 mil .. not too many ways to "structure" that. But what is up with limited funds? Didn't we just free up over $9 mil yesterday? So using 3 of that is a big deal???

Nick Schwartz I will call you now. The expert here ... curious though, how did you like the DC in Buffalo in 2014 who is our new DC? Do you think his D was any good? How did this new guy play for Buffalo in 2014? Specifically for Schwartz? Which is really all that matters. On top of coaches getting their guys in here for year 1. Maybe he is good in the locker room, maybe he is versatile? IDK Nick, I would think more importantly that you being a fan, this is Schwartz job, kinda more important to him ..no?

Ham, I'm with you ... seems to good to be true.

DC.... 2 years 6 mil .. not too many ways to "structure" that. But what is up with limited funds? Didn't we just free up over $9 mil yesterday? So using 3 of that is a big deal???

What I meant by that was this year's cap hit, hell his cap hit could be $1.5 - $2 million this year and yeah, with around $25-$30 million in cap space, $3 million isn't going to cripple the Eagles

Not angry Nick .. didn't realize calling you the last name of the DC was "name calling" You see... just being a little "Philly" for you. Don't give me the friends from Buffalo stuff here... they have room to talk? How about those Sabres???? LOL I kid because my neighbor is from Buffalo, but seriously though, no sports fan from Buffalo should talk any trash. BTW... I have no clue about McWhoever ... he is signing for peanuts so a minor move that will be about half the $$ we save from cutting Sanchez, don't worry about it.

How about some LBs from Temple coming in here? The kid from Detroit and the current Butkus award winner would be two guys I wouldn't mind seeing as Eagles this year.

I just don't want to hear them cry that we couldn't afford starters in the secondary and OL. Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves. The opportunity came up to get one of Schwartz's old guys, he can move around in the secondary, well as far as his legs can take him.

MJK... how did big spending work in 2011 and 2015. Time to move on, get the right players in FA, the ones that you like, not the big $$$ guys per say. Then the draft is what will count. Plenty of money there... $3 mil won't prevent them form doing anything... come on now! OL, S and LB in FA and then we extend Cox and cut Sanchez and plenty of $$$ left... then move on to draft.

I just don't want to hear them cry that we couldn't afford starters in the secondary and OL. Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves. The opportunity came up to get one of Schwartz's old guys, he can move around in the secondary, well as far as his legs can take him.

It shouldn't really be an issue, McKelvin they could sign right now and not have to wait.

I don't get all the

oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

over signing a guy to a 2 year deal worth up to $6 million.

Mike Wallace cut. There's everyone's burner! lol Too bad he never seems to produce wherever he goes

No thanks

Just curious ... reviewing the sequence of trades ... 1. Shady for Kiko ...2 Kiko getting pick from Miami ... 3. Draft RB with that pick. If that RB ends up being decent this year and goes into 2017 as the starter. Then the trade becomes Shady for that RB. So heading into 2017, do you want a RB entering their 9th season or their 2nd season. Reviewing salary cap $$, its much cheaper the route taken by unloading Shady. Just purely looking ahead, its obvious Shady would have produced better for you in 2015 and probably 2016, but unless he brought you a SB, it seems moving on was better for your future.

Ham, rumor ..... Eagles give up the 4th to Miami in order to make the swap from 13 to 8? Not as good that way...lol. Just curious for all you draft chart nerds ... I MEAN PEOPLE .... what would it cost to move up from 13 to 8? More than a 4th rounder?

Doug Moore ‏@DMooreNFL  1h Sounds like #Eagles swapped 1st rd picks with the #Dolphins & got MIA's 4th rd pick in exchange for Alonso & Maxwell, per @AllbrightNFL.

Doug Moore ‏@DMooreNFL  28m Ok, to finally clarify (per @AllbrightNFL): #Eagles get 8th overall pick, 4th rd pick. #Dolphins get 13th overall pick, Alonso & Maxwell.

Matt Lombardo ‏@MattLombardo975  3m Matt Lombardo Retweeted Doug Moore

An absolute masterpiece orchestrated by Howie Roseman. Unreal. #Eagles

Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN  4s5 seconds ago Reuben Frank Retweeted Doug Moore

OMG.

DC- I still won't believe it until it's finalized. That's too good to be true!

Agreed, when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.