Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Can Free Agency Help Bolster O-Line?

Did Treadwell have his pro day yet? He is suppose to run the 40 yard dash then. At the present time he is projected to run the 40 in 4.6.

Did Treadwell have his pro day yet? He is suppose to run the 40 yard dash then. At the present time he is projected to run the 40 in 4.6.

March 28th Wrang. Here's the Pro-Day schedule

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/722090-2016-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule/

DC that's all good and fine. I would have taken the Pro Bowl pass rusher that has been much better than all. So I guess I win.

What does the Pro Bowl have to with it, it's nothing but a popularity contest. We're not talking pass rushers, we're talking O-Linemen, Lane, Joeckel and Fisher, but way to move the goal post  ;)

I was curious how many players who caught a TD pass from Peyton Manning ever played for the Eagles. I only found two. Any guesses? from Reuben Frank..... Hank Baskett is one who is the other name????

No we were talking the 2013 draft. Ziggy didn't win by popularity undeservedly. He did it by sacking QBs. Getting the job done at an elite level. AND he just started playing football period(not changing positions but discovering the game). You say Lane is better than a bad pick in front of him. I say he hasn't been nearly as good as the pick after.

SO, RGIII has  been released by the skinz.  Potential backup to Bradford?  If that happens, then that may alter the draft selection in the first round (really no need to draft an emergency backup QB that high; could wait until the third or fourth round if any make it that long).

No we were talking the 2013 draft. Ziggy didn't win by popularity undeservedly. He did it by sacking QBs. Getting the job done at an elite level. AND he just started playing football period(not changing positions but discovering the game). You say Lane is better than a bad pick in front of him. I say he hasn't been nearly as good as the pick after.

The talk was about Lane being a conservative pick, BG and I pointed out to Woody as to why he wasn't and I mentioned Fisher and Joeckel, no one was/is talking draft but you and the pick in front of Lane was Dion Jordan. 

I do not want Treadwell at 13. All kinds of warning signs here starting with him choosing not to run the 40 yard dash at the combine. Personally I would much rather they take the Best non wide Receiver available at 13. I just feel we have so many pressing needs that addressing WR can be done in the later rounds. I don't have the draft numbers available at the moment, but when was Josh Gordon picked. Rashard Matthews? Antonio Brown? Alshon Jeffrey? TY Hilton? Keenan Allen? My Point is you do not need to draft a WR in the first round to get a star #1. You just need to do your homework as those teams did.

Okay the latest article on Osemele states that he is projected to get between 9 and 11 mil a year and the Ravens don't expect him to return. Just throwing things out there but taking the high figure of 11 million a year and subtracting the 6.5 million the Eagles could save in cap space by releasing Peters, we could have the guy here for an additional 4.5 mil a year. Taking Conklin in the first round of the draft as well would pretty much solidify our line for years to come.

2nd round supplemental draft for Josh Gordon I wanted him.... Rishard Matthews seriously think he was 4th or UDFA really not all that impressive though solid guy, AB 6th, Alshon 1st... Keenan 3rd(I wanted), TY(3rd).... But the same can be said about an OL don't need to spend a 1st rounder to get a star

Alshon was a 2nd rounder my bad

2nd round supplemental draft for Josh Gordon I wanted him.... Rishard Matthews seriously think he was 4th or UDFA really not all that impressive though solid guy, AB 6th, Alshon 1st... Keenan 3rd(I wanted), TY(3rd).... But the same can be said about an OL don't need to spend a 1st rounder to get a star

Alshon was a 2nd rounder my bad

Alshon was drafted in the 2nd

Never mind 

Also to add that is my issue everyone want to press for needs I don't get me the best player at 13 if that is an OL fine if not no need to push the issue we can get a good OL in the 3rd round or 4th round it happens all the time

DC...thanks I did fix myself on Alshon lol

@Stine - JMO but I think the Eagles may have some interest in Rueben Randle if the price is right and I think it will be.

Treadwell is not a speedster. At the Combine his vertical jump and broad jump were nothing spectacular. He is a possession type that will not get separation from the NFL DB's. Do we really want to draft this guy in the 1st round? I mean really?

BG your Lane love fest has clouded your vision. One player played at an elite level all season earning the Pro Bowl nod. The other had games where he got flat out owned. One was asked to be the top guy at what he does. The other on the weak side. They actually went head to head. Ziggy abused Lane(no possible debate there even). 3.5 sacks he forced and recovered a fumble. Those are just the stats. It was much worse than that. In fact Ziggy earned the Pro Bowl nod partly with his outing against Lane.

SO, RGIII has  been released by the skinz.  Potential backup to Bradford?  If that happens, then that may alter the draft selection in the first round (really no need to draft an emergency backup QB that high; could wait until the third or fourth round if any make it that long).

Hope not, he struggles with read progressions, thus wanting to run if his 1st read isn't there, struggles with throwing from the pocket. Does he really fit with the Eagles? Plus, he'll likely want to start, no be a back-up. Eagles should keep it moving.

Cunningham...No love fest I don't look at the Pro bowl like you since I is nothing more then a fan voting contest.... Also yes Ziggy had the upper hand on Lane in a game that he was forced to switch sides mid-game also almost positive JP let up 1 maybe 2 sacks to Ziggy in that game