Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moe Greene

would you be more likely to go to Eagles games if...

Just curious. How many on this board actually go to games and if you don't would you be more likely to go if the eagles slashed concession prices the way the falcons just did in their new stadium? $2 hot dogs, $5 beer, free refills on soda, etc.

I live in VA, and the likelihood of me going to an Eagles game is very slim since I never travel to PA. Plus, I just prefer watching games at my local bar with a beer in hand, while amongst other fans. 

I can watch it on tv for basically the cost of a hotdog. Plus, I got the best seat in the house. Why would I pay more for less?

No. I don't take in drinks or food during games anyway, whether it's at home or in a stadium. I'm just too focused on what's going on, and I'm always such a nervous wreck that I couldn't stomach it.

Now if they slashed the price of parking, I'd react positively. Mind you, I go to one game a year and it's usually SRO or cheapest seat I can get. I'm a cheapskate.

I live in south florida and I wouldn't go to a dolphins game if tickets were $10 unless it was vs the eagles. I did go the last time the eagles came down. Eagles fans basically took over the stadium. it was awesome.  It was $10 for a beer, $8 for a hot dog, that's pretty typical around the country. what atlanta is doing is pretty interesting. Maybe it's to lure fans back. I was just curious because it's expensive enough to go to a game which is why most people don't go. If i wanted to take my wife and two kids to a typical stadium it would cost us about $120 to feed everyone. If you knew you could feed everyone for $50 would you be more likely to go.

See coming from the UK and having watched soccer matches at home, having watched a few games at Wembley but also games in Tampa and Jacksonville I can tell you the price you guys pay is pretty good in comparison.

I went to watch the Panthers in Jacksonville. It cost about $40 for the ticket (about £25-30) and the food and drink in comparison to home was much more reasonable. Especially when you consider everything that goes on before the game and you get a good 3 hours of entertainment rather than 90 minutes at a soccer match.

Not that you guys shouldn't complain because of course you won't be comparing your prices to us in the UK. Just thought I'd throw in the comparison.

I live in VA, and the likelihood of me going to an Eagles game is very slim since I never travel to PA. Plus, I just prefer watching games at my local bar with a beer in hand, while amongst other fans. 

Same here,  same situation. Except I have family still there.  But I watch them on NFL Sunday Ticket with my son.  But I would like to see them live.   And I think those lower prices would make it even better after traveling so far. 

I don't buy concessions at Eagles games. There are too many people, it takes too long, and prices are too expensive. If they cut prices the lines would just take longer.

The Falcons cut concession prices for all events held at the stadium. So if I were at a Temple game, a concert, or soccer game at the Linc, that's a different story. I wouldn't be more likely to go, just more likely to buy something while I'm there.

My granddaughter gets crabfries every game she goes to, it's kind of a tradition with her so I don't mind spending a few bucks. But other than that, even if the stuff were free, I wouldn't get much more than that anyway.

I don't live in Philly but if I did, slashing the prices wouldn't make a difference in my choice. I don't go to games for concessions.

The stadium is sold out and the lines are crazy for overpriced food and drink, so I don't cutting prices was ever even mentioned here other then an April Fools memo Lurie sent around.

Just curious. How many on this board actually go to games and if you don't would you be more likely to go if the eagles slashed concession prices the way the falcons just did in their new stadium? $2 hot dogs, $5 beer, free refills on soda, etc.

Even when I lived in Philly, I much preferred watching the game at my local bar with my neighborhood group of friendly drunks rather than going to the games with a bunch of kids who can't handle their booze and 60-year old lifelong alcoholics puking in the bathroom.  75% of the games I attended were just to entertain Eagles fan friends who were visiting from out of town. I don't buy into the hype that Philly fans are worse than anyone else, but I'll say that I had my guard up more at Eagles games than walking around any Philly neighborhood I happened to be in during my drunken nights of partying.

But yeah, concession stand prices were ridiculous. I didn't see the point in buying a $10 beer, because at that price there was no way I was going to drink enough to feel any sort of buzz. And I don't mind paying good money for food. But I damn sure wouldn't pay whatever they're charging for some crappy nachos and fake arse cheese. 

Even when I lived in Philly, I much preferred watching the game at my local bar with my neighborhood group of friendly drunks rather than going to the games with a bunch of kids who can't handle their booze and 60-year old lifelong alcoholics puking in the bathroom.  75% of the games I attended were just to entertain Eagles fan friends who were visiting from out of town. I don't buy into the hype that Philly fans are worse than anyone else, but I'll say that I had my guard up more at Eagles games than walking around any Philly neighborhood I happened to be in during my drunken nights of partying.

But yeah, concession stand prices were ridiculous. I didn't see the point in buying a $10 beer, because at that price there was no way I was going to drink enough to feel any sort of buzz. And I don't mind paying good money for food. But I damn sure wouldn't pay whatever they're charging for some crappy nachos and fake arse cheese

Yuck!!!

The Atlanta stadium includes about $600 million in public funding (all in), PSLs - just for the privilege of buying a season ticket - cost up to $45,000 and tickets will run up to $400 per.

The lowering of the concessions is a transparent PR stunt for the poor suckers who shell out their tax dollars (whether they want to or not) and their discretionary income.  It will not last. 

Ive never been to a live game, die hard fan since mcnabb was drafted. Ive missed maybe 4-5 games on tv since. Im ok with not going to PA from Toronto. One day i will for the experience.

Doubt it. I live in Philadelphia. I maybe go to one game every few years usually because someone offers me tickets. I almost never buy tickets for the same reasons a lot of people have already brought up but primarily because the TV experience gives you more of what is really happening in the game. Even if you have good seats, you're never seeing half of what you see on broadcast. It can be a fun experience but I've also had games ruined by dumb kids and drunks more than once.

I shrug at the food prices. The food itself is pretty terrible so they could cut the price and I'd still probably avoid it. I actually kind of hate baseball but I do like drinking beer outside and food at the Phillies park is considerably better. Sayin'.

Same here,  same situation. Except I have family still there.  But I watch them on NFL Sunday Ticket with my son.  But I would like to see them live.   And I think those lower prices would make it even better after traveling so far. 

I went to an Eagles vs Redskins game once at Fed Ex in Andy's final season. My sis and I went and had the most horrible experience, that it put us off of live games entirely lol.  As you know we really sucked in 2012, but that game was the worst because not only did we lose 31-6, but McCoy got knocked out due a concussion, Maclin wasn't playing, Djax did jack, Foles was a rookie at the time, and plus the team had already given up.  I had bought the tickets at the start of the season since I realized the game was near my bday. Had I the ability to see the future, I would've just watched it on TV.

I went to an Eagles vs Redskins game once at Fed Ex in Andy's final season. My sis and I went and had the most horrible experience, that it put us off of live games entirely lol.  As you know we really sucked in 2012, but that game was the worst because not only did we lose 31-6, but McCoy got knocked out due a concussion, Maclin wasn't playing, Djax did jack, Foles was a rookie at the time, and plus the team had already given up.  I had bought the tickets at the start of the season since I realized the game was near my bday. Had I the ability to see the future, I would've just watched it on TV.

The whole experience of going to a live game is expensive and miserable.

I took my daughter to an Eagles/Pats preseason game at Foxboro a couple of years ago.

Tickets were $100 each, parking was $40, it took an hour to get in because of traffic and two hours to get out.

Bad seats, expensive concessions, etc.

No thanks.

HDTV, Sunday Ticket, good food and an open bar just off my living room from now on.

how about slashing the price of tickets before they worry about concessions

Doubt it. I live in Philadelphia. I maybe go to one game every few years usually because someone offers me tickets. I almost never buy tickets for the same reasons a lot of people have already brought up but primarily because the TV experience gives you more of what is really happening in the game. Even if you have good seats, you're never seeing half of what you see on broadcast. It can be a fun experience but I've also had games ruined by dumb kids and drunks more than once.

I shrug at the food prices. The food itself is pretty terrible so they could cut the price and I'd still probably avoid it. I actually kind of hate baseball but I do like drinking beer outside and food at the Phillies park is considerably better. Sayin'.

Exactly the same. Don't really care for baseball, but enjoy the experience of going to a Phillies game so much more. I guess the nature of the game is just much more relaxed. And the fact that there are a billion games in a season means that people don't feel the need to go all out in binge drinking for a random Tuesday night Phillies game. 

I'd be down with a Sam Bradford sandwich ... the last ingredient speaks for itself.  

315zlhz.jpg

It would be real nice if prices dropped at least on food and soda, beer being cheaper won't help anything, but until ticket prices and parking prices drop most people won't be able to go to games.