Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomkelsh

Eagles Historic Photos

Looking for a team picture of the 1941 Eagles for a friend who is the son of Dan Desantis (Half-back).  Any picture of Dan, especially in action would be great. BTW if you want to see an all-around player look up Dan's stats, (rushing, passing, receiving, kicking, returning (punts and kick-offs)). Like many, his career was cut short by WWII. The Eagles kept everyone on the roster until 1946 when Dan became the first NFL player to go to Canada. Any insights welcome.

Dan was an honorable mention all-American who played (multiple sports) at Niagra College.

Looking for a team picture of the 1941 Eagles for a friend who is the son of Dan Desantis (Half-back).  Any picture of Dan, especially in action would be great. BTW if you want to see an all-around player look up Dan's stats, (rushing, passing, receiving, kicking, returning (punts and kick-offs)). Like many, his career was cut short by WWII. The Eagles kept everyone on the roster until 1946 when Dan became the first NFL player to go to Canada. Any insights welcome.

Dan was an honorable mention all-American who played (multiple sports) at Niagra College.

You should go into Ask Dave and ask him if the team has one and if they do, maybe you can somehow get a copy. If they don't, maybe the Hall of Fame has a team photo from then.

You should go into Ask Dave and ask him if the team has one and if they do, maybe you can somehow get a copy. If they don't, maybe the Hall of Fame has a team photo from then.

They do, you can pull up every team photo since the team has been in the league, of course it's digital, but maybe they can send him a copy.

They do, you can pull up every team photo since the team has been in the league, of course it's digital, but maybe they can send him a copy.

I figured they would. He could even save it to his computer and probably get a print from someplace like Wal-Mart. I say 'probably' because I don't know if they'd consider that copyrighted or not.

I called the HoF, the woman I spoke with said their archivist was out for the day, you can reach him here:

1-330-456-8207 EXT 629, his name is Jon Kendle

I hope this helps.

17 hours ago, tomkelsh said:

Not yet God Father, I'll try tomorrow, thanks.

OK, cool, if he can't help you, try doing what VaBeach suggested.

I spoke to an archivist named Saleem Houdhry at the number you gave me. He will do all the research (of the HOF) for me, all it costs was an email. We'll see how it works out.

thanks again

21 hours ago, tomkelsh said:

I spoke to an archivist named Saleem Houdhry at the number you gave me. He will do all the research (of the HOF) for me, all it costs was an email. We'll see how it works out.

thanks again

Just saw this, hopefully they can find what you're looking for and you're welcome.

I was told that my grandfather was a football player for the (Philadelphia) Frankford Yellow Jackets, I would love to find a photo of him playing.