Phila.:chip

Disgruntled Nick Foles skips OTAs (ORIG POST: 6/1/2016)

LOL, and to think he used to be such a team player who was always much more concerned about the success of the team rather than his own. He was so unselfish; at least that's what many on here thought.

The Rams gave him a two year extension--when they didn't have to--worth 24.5 million dollars ( $13.8 of which is guaranteed ); he stinks it up. He gets benched, and then he has the nerve to sit at home and pout because the Rams drafted a quarterback.

It's amazing how wrong Foles-lovers were about Foles.

There's a certain former Eagles quarterback that didn't pout when he was benched,lol.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15872475/los-angeles-rams-qb-nick-foles-skips-start-offseason-training-activities

Poor guy... He's obviously talked to Sam and decided this is the best way to approach the situation! Rather than getting his head down and getting ready for the season just in case he's called upon. Let's be honest he's being paid good money for a guy who's achieved very little in the NFL!

Foles is only going to make the Rams if someone gets hurt and it seems he knows it. I'm actually surprised anyone bothered to report on this.

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Poor guy... He's obviously talked to Sam and decided this is the best way to approach the situation! Rather than getting his head down and getting ready for the season just in case he's called upon. Let's be honest he's being paid good money for a guy who's achieved very little in the NFL!

Sam Bradford missed OTAs?

1 minute ago, BronxEagle said:

Sam Bradford missed OTAs?

Apologies I didn't necessarily mean he missed OTAs just that he decided that demanding a trade would be the better option. He took the Bradford to the next level completely but I guess at least he had the balls to do so... 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Apologies I didn't necessarily mean he missed OTAs just that he decided that demanding a trade would be the better option. He took the Bradford to the next level completely but I guess at least he had the balls to do so... 

I see...   you just wanted to take another shot at Bradford's expense.   :lol:

Just now, BronxEagle said:

I see...   you just wanted to take another shot at Bradford's expense.   :lol:

Nah I don't need to do that... Everyone else is doing plenty of that for me. And I don't necessarily hate Bradford. He's an OK QB with OK stats. He's neither good nor terrible and for the next few months at least he's likely to be our starter so I've accepted that.

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This isn't the same as Bradford's situation. Bradford was named the starter. Foles lost the starting spot to Keenum last year. There was already a third rounder on the team from last season and the Rams have now taken Goff. Foles' only chance of making the team is an injury so it looks like he wants to be cut so he can go somewhere where a spot is potentially open. If they cut him in September, it will be difficult for him to find a team.

This is one of the funniest NFL stories I've heard.   Guy is lucky he is still employed in this league and he has that ridiculous contract to thank for it.  

11 minutes ago, zenclaybourne said:

This isn't the same as Bradford's situation. Bradford was named the starter. Foles lost the starting spot to Keenum last year. There was already a third rounder on the team from last season and the Rams have now taken Goff. Foles' only chance of making the team is an injury so it looks like he wants to be cut so he can go somewhere where a spot is potentially open. If they cut him in September, it will be difficult for him to find a team.

It's going to be difficult for him to find a team regardless.

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's going to be difficult for him to find a team regardless.

Probably true at this point but the longer he waits the harder it will be

17 minutes ago, IceColdBrewski said:

He's obviously just a coward who's afraid to compete with a rookie.  

Eagles fans wanted him back.

25 minutes ago, zenclaybourne said:

He's not the starter.

Why is he skipping anything?

So much hate for a guy with an Eagle's jersey in the HOF.

It was great when he made all you trolls disappear for a year. Now that was funny. Good times.

5 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

There you go generalizing again't lol

For the love of...

I apologize...  SOME Eagles fans wanted him back.

You can dry your underwear now.

Anyway what team would want him? 

He was terrible last year for the Rams, so much so that they benched him for Keenum.

In his 10 games for us it was widely considered that his stats were as a result of the QB friendly system he was playing in. 

I'm not saying he's an awful player because he's not. But what team really needs him? I mean the teams that need a QB are? Denver, New York, Browns and maybe San Fran but even a couple of those are a stretch.

16 minutes ago, MR-CYN said:

So much hate for a guy with an Eagle's jersey in the HOF.

It was great when he made all you trolls disappear for a year. Now that was funny. Good times.

LOL, it's amazing that there are Foles-lovers in here that will still defend him to this day. The guy regresses in 2014. He gets benched in 2015, then he pulls a Bradford and his cult members are still going to bat for him.

Surprised that one of Foles'  haters started a thread on this...not really! I just knew one of them would jump at the chance to let this become a thread.. And look who it was!  Phila'chip . The biggest trash talking Foles hater of them all.

It does seem like a silly move on his part. Surely at this point he's best off getting his head down and winning the back up job? You never know in the NFL when you might be called upon and he can then take another chance to prove himself. All he's doing now is making himself look bad to all franchises who might have thought about trading for him in the future. 

33 minutes ago, Phila.:chip said:

LOL, it's amazing that there are Foles-lovers in here that will still defend him to this day. The guy regresses in 2014. He gets benched in 2015, then he pulls a Bradford and his cult members are still going to bat for him.

Didn't Sam participate in OTAs?