Phila.:chip

Disgruntled Nick Foles skips OTAs (ORIG POST: 6/1/2016)

On June 3, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Phila.:chip said:

Seriously, what is about Foles that causes his followers to cling to him--to this day--after regressing in 2014 and being benched in 2015 ? It's clear ( now ) that 2013 was a fluke. He was benched for Keenum; he failed to throw for 200 yards in all but two of his games with the Rams. What the frigg is it about this man that makes his followers defend him to this day ?

C'mon man...all he needs is a great offensive line, a few stud wide receivers, an All-Pro running back, and an awesome tight end and he'd be great!

Spoiler
15 hours ago, CarrbageTime said:

scrimmage What if he doesn't? In much the same way bringing him into KC would be a vote of (some) confidence; if Reid decided against it, wouldn't it be an indictment against Foles? :pizza:

I simply  said I can see that being a place for Foles to land.  Not that it was going to happen. I do know that Reid and Foles have both expressed their support and respect toward each other. And this was during a scrimmage game  during camp with the Rams last season.  But to answer your question,  I suppose fans like the OP and a handful of others on here would see it as an indictment against  Foles not being good enough.  While I disagree with their assessment , they are entitled to it.  It would be nice if we that support the kid would also be entitled to our assessement without being  ridiculed for it. .

As for what some of us see in Foles to believe in him.? Maybe it's that we look beyond just one or two seasons( at this level)  to make our evaluations. Where as they only see the two seasons that didn't go so well  ( for many reasons, not all due to Foles' failures) for them to base their opinions on him.

On 6/3/2016 at 7:30 PM, Phila.:chip said:

Seriously, what is about Foles that causes his followers to cling to him--to this day--after regressing in 2014 and being benched in 2015 ? It's clear ( now ) that 2013 was a fluke. He was benched for Keenum; he failed to throw for 200 yards in all but two of his games with the Rams. What the frigg is it about this man that makes his followers defend him to this day ?

What is it that causes his haters to constantly talk about him despite the fact that it's been over a year since he's been an Eagle? It's funny you clowns keep accusing his "followers" of not being able to let go of him, yet it's people like yourself that talk about him more than anyone.

On June 3, 2016 at 7:30 PM, Phila.:chip said:

Foles became a folk hero here because he was a Lilly-white choir boy, which contasts strongly with Michael Vick. He caught lightning in a bottle for a short period of time but was never more than a garden-variety journeyman talent. Fact is his middling career is likely over. 

16 hours ago, nipples said:

What is it that causes his haters to constantly talk about him despite the fact that it's been over a year since he's been an Eagle? It's funny you clowns keep accusing his "followers" of not being able to let go of him, yet it's people like yourself that talk about him more than anyone.

So much this.

22 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Foles became a folk hero here because he was a Lilly-white choir boy, which contasts strongly with Michael Vick. He caught lightning in a bottle for a short period of time but was never more than a garden-variety journeyman talent. Fact is his middling career is likely over. 

Hmmm that's interesting.  I thought fans liked Foles after the 2013 season because he was a 24 year old QB who lead this team to an 8-2 record in 10 games while throwing for 27 tds and 2 interceptions and putting up the 3rd highest QB rating in the history of the NFL.  

But now I see, it was because he was a "lilly-white choir boy".  And clearly, history shows that Eagles' fans are drawn to that type of personality. I mean, just look at guys like Dawkins, Trotter, Westbrook, Runyan, Reggie White, Wes Hopkins, Jerome Brown, Andrew Waters, Jason Peters....that's a bunch of lilly white choir boys if I ever saw one............

could you imagine if Vick instead of Foles had that 2013 season ..... The ****s would be endless 

51 minutes ago, phillyterp85 said:

Hmmm that's interesting.  I thought fans liked Foles after the 2013 season because he was a 24 year old QB who lead this team to an 8-2 record in 10 games while throwing for 27 tds and 2 interceptions and putting up the 3rd highest QB rating in the history of the NFL.  

But now I see, it was because he was a "lilly-white choir boy".  And clearly, history shows that Eagles' fans are drawn to that type of personality. I mean, just look at guys like Dawkins, Trotter, Westbrook, Runyan, Reggie White, Wes Hopkins, Jerome Brown, Andrew Waters, Jason Peters....that's a bunch of lilly white choir boys if I ever saw one............

Lightning in a bottle. Denial is a powerful tool. 

1 hour ago, hawkeye said:

Lightning in a bottle. Denial is a powerful tool. 

Who's denying anything?  Yes, 2013 for Foles clearly ended up being lightning in a bottle.  Just like 2010 was lightning in the bottle for Vick.   

My point was in regard to your "reasoning" as to why Foles became a fan favorite.  Any 24 year old QB having the season he had would have instantly become a fan favorite.  Your "reasoning" that Foles because he was a "lilly white choir boy" is absurd on so many levels I don't even know where to start.  

11 hours ago, phillyterp85 said:

Who's denying anything?  Yes, 2013 for Foles clearly ended up being lightning in a bottle.  Just like 2010 was lightning in the bottle for Vick.   

My point was in regard to your "reasoning" as to why Foles became a fan favorite.  Any 24 year old QB having the season he had would have instantly become a fan favorite.  Your "reasoning" that Foles because he was a "lilly white choir boy" is absurd on so many levels I don't even know where to start.  

I'll help. Start with the fact that it's true.

I'm surprised you don't remember the white hot hatred so many fans had for Vick,which manifested in some pretty ugly ways.  Yes, Foles had a head-scratchingly good year, but his "aw-shucks" thing was appealing to a lot of people, particularly those who hated the "thugs" on the roster. 

32 minutes ago, hawkeye said:

I'm surprised you don't remember the white hot hatred so many fans had for Vick,which manifested in some pretty ugly ways.  Yes, Foles had a head-scratchingly good year, but his "aw-shucks" thing was appealing to a lot of people, particularly those who hated the "thugs" on the roster. 

Lol no it's not true.  That is your opinion and frankly it's not based in reality.   When have the Philly fans ever adored that type of personality???

we currently have a head coach with an "aw shucks" personality, and the fans make fun of him because of it.  

Wait, you're telling me that some fans didn't like a guy who had tortured and killed a bunch of dogs???  And please all it took was a couple of touchdown passes early in the 2010 season for fans to get on the Vick train.

8 hours ago, hawkeye said:

While there were inevitably some classless personal criticisms of Vick, they were by and large in the minority. Most of the angst centered on the fact that it had become clear that an aging Vick who was exhibiting increasingly poor decisionmaking in the field could not get the team to the next level. Yet there were troves of fanboys (ahem, OP, anyone?) on here for whom Vick could do no wrong, whose mistakes would always be minimized and brushed aside with the cop-out charge of racism against him. On the other hand, Foles came out and had a historically great season; yet the Vick Patrol still tried to find any and every way to criticize him and dismiss any of his accomplishments right in the midst of his great season. To be honest, if there seemed to be any racial angst, it seemed more apparent among the Vick Army, who would do anything they could to castigate and discredit a young, promising Foles while glossing over the repetitive shortcomings of a veteran MIchael Vick,

4 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

While there were inevitably some classless personal criticisms of Vick, they were by and large in the minority. Most of the angst centered on the fact that it had become clear that an aging Vick who was exhibiting increasingly poor decisionmaking in the field could not get the team to the next level. Yet there were troves of fanboys (ahem, OP, anyone?) on here for whom Vick could do no wrong, whose mistakes would always be minimized and brushed aside with the cop-out charge of racism against him. On the other hand, Foles came out and had a historically great season, yet the Vick patrol still tried to find any and every way to criticize him and dismiss any of his accomplishments right in the midst of his great season. To be honest, if there seemed to be any racial angst, it seemed more apparent among the Vick Army, who would do anything they could to castigate and discredit a young, promising Foles while glossing over the repetitive shortcomings of a veteran MIchael Vick,

:worthy:

This one gets it

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 8:52 AM, EaglesRocker97 said:

While there were inevitably some classless personal criticisms of Vick, they were by and large in the minority. Most of the angst centered on the fact that it had become clear that an aging Vick who was exhibiting increasingly poor decisionmaking in the field could not get the team to the next level. Yet there were troves of fanboys (ahem, OP, anyone?) on here for whom Vick could do no wrong, whose mistakes would always be minimized and brushed aside with the cop-out charge of racism against him. On the other hand, Foles came out and had a historically great season; yet the Vick Patrol still tried to find any and every way to criticize him and dismiss any of his accomplishments right in the midst of his great season. To be honest, if there seemed to be any racial angst, it seemed more apparent among the Vick Army, who would do anything they could to castigate and discredit a young, promising Foles while glossing over the repetitive shortcomings of a veteran MIchael Vick,

Well put!. :towel:

I like how people take the moral high ground shaming people for hating a dog serial killer who could not handle how to slide instead of getting mangled and fumbling.

If anyone could be hated at QB for Philly, Vick was the guy.

I thought he was great in 2010 and had paid his dues by going to jail but I would never tell anyone else how to feel about him.

I'm all for calling someone a moron for hating Foles, but I don't put limits on someone loving their dogs.

I'll admit at the time I was surprised that the Eagles would sign Vick . Given the back lash that was taking place toward him. But once he was an Eagle player I wanted him to do well. I supported him, and never once let his personal issues be a factor in how I would see him as a member of the team (I have loved and supported for many decades) and as our QB.

I  was just as happy for him when it became apparent ( over the years he was here) that he truly was ,making every effort to rectify the wrong that he had found himself being a part to. That he was genuine in his desire to make the most of the second chance he was given by society.

As for Foles, for me . All I really expected from his detractors was  for them to acknowledge (without rancor)  the part he played in the success  the team had during the two seasons he was the Eagles part time QB..

I find it somewhat amusing, that the very fans who accuse the Foles supporters of not being able to let go. Seem to be the real ones who refuse to let go. For it is they who search the web to find articles regarding him to post here ...but sadly as we have come to expect from them , just to gloat at the turn of events for the young man.

15 hours ago, Dewit said:

tommy-lee-wtf-meme-generator-i-m-sorry-b

I thought this thread was about Nick Foles... why all the Michael Vick talk?

That "lilly white choir boy" took my boyhood hero's job!!!!!!!!!!!!  Waaahhhhhh!!!!

:whistle:

On 6/5/2016 at 6:40 PM, hawkeye said:

I'm pretty sure throwing for 29 TDs to 2 interceptions might've had something to do with his fan base too. I don't know. 

Seems possible. 

On 6/5/2016 at 2:22 PM, forevereagles said:
  Hide contents

I thought this thread was about Nick Foles... why all the Michael Vick talk?

Multi-tasking.

3 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Lol  you guys remember when people on here thought he was better than Andrew Luck? He rode the wave of a perfect storm in 2013 (Elite oline, #1 running game, NFL not caught up to chips system, etc) and showed what he was in 2014 and was horrendous in 2015. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt make a team this year. If he does I cant imagine this wont be his last stop. 

1 minute ago, PhilaSportsTU said:

Lol  you guys remember when people on here thought he was better than Andrew Luck? He rode the wave of a perfect storm in 2013 (Elite oline, #1 running game, NFL not caught up to chips system, etc) and showed what he was in 2014 and was horrendous in 2015. I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt make a team this year. If he does I cant imagine this wont be his last stop. 

Since he's an FA, the Jets may have interest, could also end up in Arizona, this is year 2 of Palmer's 3 year deal. We'll see.

19 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Since he's an FA, the Jets may have interest, could also end up in Arizona, this is year 2 of Palmer's 3 year deal. We'll see.

If the Jets get him they would assuredly have the worst group of QBs in league history with him, Geno Smith and Sackenberg. I could see a good team like Arizona having interest. Just a team with an established starting QB who wants a backup with plenty of starting experience. No way any team looks at a guy who was the worst in the league last year as a potential future starter.