Phila.:chip

Disgruntled Nick Foles skips OTAs (ORIG POST: 6/1/2016)

2 hours ago, PhilaSportsTU said:

a good move for Cowboys opponents

A very good offensive line, with a RB who's expected to be good, with a good WR core could be a good fit for Foles if he has to come in to play.  I'd feel more better, as an Eagles fan, playing against Moore than Foles, with that team.

12 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

A very good offensive line, with a RB who's expected to be good, with a good WR core could be a good fit for Foles if he has to come in to play.  I'd feel more better, as an Eagles fan, playing against Moore than Foles, with that team.

Too much logic with this post.

17 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

4 minutes ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Too much logic with this post.

Definitely guys :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, PhilaSportsTU said:

Definitely guys :rolleyes:

Instead of eye rolling like a pre teen due to "more better", you would honestly feel more confident facing Foles instead of Moore?

Just answer that. There is no right or wrong answer.

Id much rather face an inexperienced Moore whose not shown anything at the NFL level. Foles has his flaws and i suppose has shown to be average at best qb thus far but has the ability to burn good teams. Refer to last season vs Seahawks and Arizona.

14 minutes ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Instead of eye rolling like a pre teen due to "more better", you would honestly feel more confident facing Foles instead of Moore?

Just answer that. There is no right or wrong answer.

Id much rather face an inexperienced Moore whose not shown anything at the NFL level. Foles has his flaws and i suppose has shown to be average at best qb thus far but has the ability to burn good teams. Refer to last season vs Seahawks and Arizona.

Yeah dude. I would much rather face a guy who is a proven sack and turnover machine. He is also injury prone and would more than likely put the Cowboys in a situation to have Dak Prescott come in who wont be close to ready. 

1 minute ago, PhilaSportsTU said:

Yeah dude. I would much rather face a guy who is a proven sack and turnover machine. He is also injury prone and would more than likely put the Cowboys in a situation to have Dak Prescott come in who wont be close to ready. 

Fair enough.

42 minutes ago, PhilaSportsTU said:

Moore had a higher interception and sack rate than Foles did last year.  This is during the worst year that Foles had.  He's had a couple good years, so it's tough to say that Foles is a proven sack and turnover machine.

Foles also had some wins last year, while Moore has yet to win in the NFL.  If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd feel better with Foles than Moore.  I wouldn't want either as a long term franchise solution.  As a backup who may need to start some games, Foles would be my pick.

52 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

Moore had a higher interception and sack rate than Foles did last year.  This is during the worst year that Foles had.  He's had a couple good years, so it's tough to say that Foles is a proven sack and turnover machine.

Foles also had some wins last year, while Moore has yet to win in the NFL.  If I were a Cowboys fan, I'd feel better with Foles than Moore.  I wouldn't want either as a long term franchise solution.  As a backup who may need to start some games, Foles would be my pick.

First, Foles had 1 good year, not a couple. Its also not tough to say he is a proven turnover and sack machine. The guy led the league in turnovers in 2014 before he got hurt and he was the worst QB in the league last year. Moore is an unknown and the Cowboys clearly think he has more to offer than Foles or they wouldve scooped Nick up right away. 

You use wins as meaningful stat in the NFL for QBs. I agree over the long term it is useful, but not in the short term as youre trying to do as there are many factors to what goes into a win in football.  I almost cant even take you serious that you site that. 

Listen, theyre both no good. If either one plays for the Cowboys its GREAT news for us, but if Foles was some sort of commodity as even a backup he would already have a job and the Rams would have been able to flip him for something. 

44 minutes ago, PhilaSportsTU said:

First, Foles had 1 good year, not a couple. Its also not tough to say he is a proven turnover and sack machine. The guy led the league in turnovers in 2014 before he got hurt and he was the worst QB in the league last year. Moore is an unknown and the Cowboys clearly think he has more to offer than Foles or they wouldve scooped Nick up right away. 

You use wins as meaningful stat in the NFL for QBs. I agree over the long term it is useful, but not in the short term as youre trying to do as there are many factors to what goes into a win in football.  I almost cant even take you serious that you site that. 

Listen, theyre both no good. If either one plays for the Cowboys its GREAT news for us, but if Foles was some sort of commodity as even a backup he would already have a job and the Rams would have been able to flip him for something. 

14-4 record  ...... also did ok when thrown into a dumpster fire under reid . The hate for this guy is crazy .   i cant beleive some of u guys still gargle Vicks Balls

50 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

14-4 record  ...... also did ok when thrown into a dumpster fire under reid . The hate for this guy is crazy .   i cant beleive some of u guys still gargle Vicks Balls

Vince Young has a winning record in the NFL. Tim Tebow has a winning record AND a playoff win!! Good QBs!! 

Pointing out the guy isnt a very good QB and had one aberration of a season isnt hate. He was bad in 2014 and led the league in turnovers before he got injured (which he does every year) and last year he was the worst QB in the league. 

I also dont know what Vick has to do with anything. Thats pretty weird you talked about his balls out of nowhere though, but Ill leave that alone. 

Stephen Jones: Nick Foles has attributes “that fit well for us”

Posted by Josh Alper on August 3, 2016, 5:28 PM EDT
Nick FolesAP

The Cowboys need a new backup quarterback withKellen Moore out for the near future with a broken ankle and there’s been no shortage of people wondering if Nick Foles will be their choice.

While the Cowboys said that Foles wasn’t an option after being released by the Rams, the scenario has obviously changed in Dallas after Moore’s injury. Executive vice president Stephen Jones confirmed on Wednesday that losing Moore has led them to reconsider Foles. Jones said that he’s spoken to Foles’ agent about a player they know from his time with the Eagles.

“He’s had success against us for the Eagles, so we see him a lot,” Jones said, via the team’s website. “He’s got a big arm. Obviously, when you have a great offensive line like we have and we thing we’re going to have a very solid running game. The thing you worry about is people trying to suffocate you, and he’s proven he can get the ball down the field. He’s got a lot of attributes that fit well for us.”

Among those attributes is likely the fact that Foles is available now and that he wouldn’t cost the Cowboys anything in a trade. Jones said they’re looking at all the options, but those facts about Foles are likely appealing with the Cowboys wanting a deal “done as soon as we possibly can.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/03/stephen-jones-nick-foles-has-attributes-that-fit-well-for-us/

Ya all know Foles gave up $750,000 to be released by the Rams.  I guess he was disgruntled towards another dysfunctional organization.

Unfortunately as Rapoported, Cowboys done due diligence and there's mutual interest, and if you think that's a good thing, you're mistaken.

What's even more funny is seeing the tweets, buzz, ect., of people still thinking Vick is a better option than Foles, the hate is still strong there.

On 7/28/2016 at 7:25 PM, pdmkob said:

Cassell and Foles benefited from extraordinarily talented supporting casts, and playing extraordinarily poor opponents for a single stretch of time, and the realities of their situations gets lost as time passes and stats get manipulated.

People conveniently highlight the records and individual categorical stats (Ex. Td, wins, yds, etc) but completely ignore the level of competition in that stretch and the supporting casts

LOL, people sure didn't want to hear this back in 2013, and if I'm not mistaken you were part of that crowd.

On 7/29/2016 at 2:11 PM, forevereagles said:

Damn you Foles, if you simply obtained a flux capacitor you could've brought back your 2013 self to play quarterback in 2014. You would still be here !

36 minutes ago, kevkro64 said:

Ya all know Foles gave up $750,000 to be released by the Rams.  I guess he was disgruntled towards another dysfunctional organization.

Unfortunately as Rapoported, Cowboys done due diligence and there's mutual interest, and if you think that's a good thing, you're mistaken.

What's even more funny is seeing the tweets, buzz, ect., of people still thinking Vick is a better option than Foles, the hate is still strong there.

Oh man please let that happen ! Romo will probably go down a again, and I'd love to go up against Foles one or twice this season.

1 hour ago, Phila.:chip said:

Oh man please let that happen ! Romo will probably go down a again, and I'd love to go up against Foles one or twice this season.

Id rather Vick end up in Dallass.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/source-nick-foles-options-decision-thursday/story?id=41101771

A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Foles now has a couple options, with one being Dallas, and a decision is likely Wednesday or Thursday. The

Minnesota Vikings are also thought to be interested in Foles. Pat Shurmur is the tight ends coach for the Vikings, and he worked with Foles in Philly.

The Kansas City Chiefs also are interested in Foles.

3 hours ago, FlyinBrian36-20 said:

Id rather Vick end up in Dallass.

Yeah, I'm glad Foles went to K.C. rather than the Cowboys. He's not an Eagle, and I never want to see non-Eagles succeed, but I think he's a good guy and I'd hate to see him in that lousy helmet. Randall and Harold were hard enough to see.

Vick on the other hand, that might be fun.

On 7/28/2016 at 10:35 AM, PhilaSportsTU said:

I couldnt even see Foles going to KC. They still have Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray and drafted Kevin Hogan in the 5th this past year. Thats crowded already for backup qbs. 

oops, looks like he's being renuited with Andy, told ya you was wrong

On a side note

temp221Jags06TCPractice080316--nfl_mezz_

Why doesn't Blake Bortles simply embrace his baldness, don't hide it with that silly thing..

No surprise he ended up in KC. It is probably the best spot for him to land. 

its a shame , part of me would of liked to see Foles go to cowboys and make a lot of his haters eat crow.  But Im glad we wont have to play against him 2 x a year . It would be 100% certain he would of taken over for Romo . Im happy now because he is a place where the Team actually wants him and will put in  a postion to succeed