Phila.:chip

Disgruntled Nick Foles skips OTAs (ORIG POST: 6/1/2016)

5 hours ago, Dewit said:

On a side note

temp221Jags06TCPractice080316--nfl_mezz_

Why doesn't Blake Bortles simply embrace his baldness, don't hide it with that silly thing..

LOL, he's only 24 and he looks closer to 34.

With offers on the table from Dallas and Minnesota ... gotta love that he spurned the Cowboys.  :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, kevkro64 said:

oops, looks like he's being renuited with Andy, told ya you was wrong

okay cool? Im sorry i couldnt predict the future. Glad you were thinking about something i said days after i said it. Kinda feel sorry that it takes something like that to make yourself feel good. Are you okay?

1 hour ago, ckudrick said:

With offers on the table from Dallas and Minnesota ... gotta love that he spurned the Cowboys.  :thumbsup:

Ah, but according to some on here no one was making him any offers. How ridiculous do they make themselves look now when the opposite was true. Good luck Foles and it's good to see you back with the guy who drafted you and who has had confidence in your ability all along.

On 8/3/2016 at 0:39 PM, NE.Jon said:

14-4 record  ...... also did ok when thrown into a dumpster fire under reid . The hate for this guy is crazy .   i cant beleive some of u guys still gargle Vicks Balls

I didn't realize that the NFL season was 18 games. Last time I checked it was only 16 not including the playoffs. And we only played one playoff game when he was here, so how he managed to amass 14 - 4 in one season is beyond me. . . 

4 minutes ago, kmass88 said:

I didn't realize that the NFL season was 18 games. Last time I checked it was only 16 not including the playoffs. And we only played one playoff game when he was here, so how he managed to amass 14 - 4 in one season is beyond me. . . 

i knew you were not very smart .... But i was pretty sure you could read .   Where did I say season ?  Thats his record as "THE" starter  .  you can add a couple loses when he played under Reid but he was backup then . 

I can read just fine. His total record isn't 14-4 as a starter. He's started in more than 18 games and lost more than 4 games AS A STARTER.

Even if you quantify it with the "he was a back-up" even though he STARTED those games under Reid and preparred all week as a STARTER and not a back up. Clown.

If you were as good at posting his TOTAL wins and loses as you are as juggling his jock, and subjectively posting what you want to suit your clown arse argument that Nick Foles is a good quarterback, then we'd be getting some where.

8 hours ago, forevereagles said:

Ah, but according to some on here no one was making him any offers. How ridiculous do they make themselves look now when the opposite was true. Good luck Foles and it's good to see you back with the guy who drafted you and who has had confidence in your ability all along.

What  ^^^^ HE ^^^^  said!

7 hours ago, zenclaybourne said:

That is a heck of a team option for year 2.

Except that, as a back-up, he'll never see the field if the starter plays well and stays in one piece.

13 hours ago, Phila.:chip said:

LOL, he's only 24 and he looks closer to 34.

I know... its too funny and then not embracing it, and constantly hiding his head.. so many video clips of fellow teamates joking around with him by trying to take his helmet off to expose his loss of hair...

As long as he continues to improve on last year I doubt his fans will care..

Carson Wentz has been compared to him.. if that is true.. Carson better get rogaine..

15 hours ago, PhilaSportsTU said:

okay cool? Im sorry i couldnt predict the future. Glad you were thinking about something i said days after i said it. Kinda feel sorry that it takes something like that to make yourself feel good. Are you okay?

Okay fine, you're not good at predictions.  Andy drafted and prepared Foles better than anyone not named Wilson in the 2012 class at this time.  Foles was elite in 2013 and 2014 he was still winning.  The Rams are a dysfunctional team to the extent that Foles gave up $750k to be released (and still got paid).

The Amish rifle signed as soon as Foles was granted his release.  Dallas was the last team I wanted to see him at.  Arizona, Buffalo, Minnisotta, San Fransisco, all options, but Kansas City was his best bet.   Cool, huh?

On 7/28/2016 at 4:25 PM, pdmkob said:

I think you are overthinking it - Foles is another Matt Cassell. But unfortunately the league has been widely financially raped by Cassell, so they are too wise to repeat the carnage signing Foles from a single season performance and "potential"

Cassell and Foles benefited from extraordinarily talented supporting casts, and playing extraordinarily poor opponents for a single stretch of time, and the realities of their situations gets lost as time passes and stats get manipulated.

People conveniently highlight the records and individual categorical stats (Ex. Td, wins, yds, etc) but completely ignore the level of competition in that stretch and the supporting casts

Fitz is the same story

Just last year Ryan Fitzpatrick had the best statistical season for ANY jets QB in their entire history, while still missing the playoffs and finishing only 10-6 - they were 5-5 and flailing  - but took advantage of weak teams in the Dolphins, Titans, Cowboys, Giants, to eventually squeak by a Pats team who already had 12 wins 

Fitz was blessed with a weak schedule, poor defenses and outrageous wide receivers - he was a turnover machine in buffalo after flashing "Potential" in a similar scenario and got a sick contract from the Bills as a result - smart execs and Football fans can see through it 

Clowns gotta cling to the 'great supporting cast' garbage. Foles was 14-4. The rest of the QBs were 13-17. What happened to that 'excellent supporting cast' when Foles was not playing?

Don't overthink the Rams viewing Foles as their savior. That trade was all about getting something for the dumpster fire that was Sam Bradford. Getting a #2 pick on top of that? That trade was easy for Fisher. 12 million a year for a possible very good QB is not a big deal. They should have cut him before the 6 million bonus was due, but they decided not to for some reason.  They drafted Goff because they could get up to #1. The Eagles did the same thing with Wentz. Howie did not go up to #2 because of Bradford. He did it for the franchise. 20-24 teams would want to get the top QBs in the draft every year.

St Louis was a mess last year and Foles played against 8 playoff teams in 11 games. (possibly the highest % in NFL history for 10+ starts) How was that for level of competition? :showoff: His season was still bad, but give it a rest already. There is plenty of film on Foles to show that he belongs as an NFL QB.

Keenum 'won' games where he threw for 103 and 124 yards and idiots crowned his a**. Both QBs played against Seattle and San Francisco. Foles was about a 108 rating and Keenum was about an 82 rating. APPLES TO APPLES. The Rams had a brutal road schedule last year with 2 gimmes (SF and Baltimore) Keenum lost both easy games. 

Here is a little Hot vs Cold breakdown:

Foles has started 35 games in his career. He has 9 games below 70 rating.(6 below 60) He has 15 games over a 90 rating. (13 above 100). 

15 to 9 good vs bad (1.6 to 1) - 13 to 6 great vs horrible (2.2 to 1)

Bradford has started 63 games in his career. He has 17 games below 70 rating (8 below 60). He has 21 games above 90 rating (14 above 100)

21 to 17 good vs bad (1.2 to 1) - 14 to 8 great vs horrible (1.75 to 1)

Eli has started 183 games in his career. He has 54 games below 70 rating (35 below 60). He has 70 games above 90 rating (51 above 100)

70 to 54 good vs bad (1.3 to 1) - 51 to 35 great vs horrible (1.5 to 1)

Cutler has started 134 games in his career. He has 33 games below 70 rating (16 below 60). He has 63 games above 90 rating (38 above 100)

63 to 33 good vs bad (1.9 to 1) - 38 to 16 great vs horrible  (2.4 to 1)

Foles looks like a better QB than Bradford and Eli just based on good vs bad games. Bradford is less likely to throw out a horrible game, but he is far less likely to have a great game. Cutler looks better than all 3 by this measure.

Bonus:

McNabb started 161 games. He had 45 games below 70 rating. (23 below 60). He had 63 games above 90 rating (47 above 100)

63 to 45 good vs bad (1.4 to 1)  - 47 to 23 great  vs horrible (2 to 1)

At the end of this season there will have been 7 or 8 NFL QBs to try to run Chip Kelly's janky offense.  (Vick, Foles, Barkley, Butt Fumbler, Bradford, Gabbert, Squidward, and maybe a 3rd if they are both killed)

Foles will still be the only one to pull it off.

3 hours ago, skippyx said:

At the end of this season there will have been 7 or 8 NFL QBs to try to run Chip Kelly's janky offense.  (Vick, Foles, Barkley, Butt Fumbler, Bradford, Gabbert, Squidward, and maybe a 3rd if they are both killed)

First, Vick didn't have an opportunity to run the offense as he got hurt early in the season. Barkley came in with no preparation, for one game, after Vick got injured, and Sanchez set the single-season record for completion percentage in 2014.  Foles also had the advantage of running the offense while it was still brand new to the league, and ( in 2013 ) he went up against some of the worst defenses in the league.

Vick, Sanchez, and Bradford have all been starters for ( at least ) several seasons in their career. Bradford will be a starter for this season, and Sanchez likely will too. Foles couldn't win the job in 2013; he couldn't keep the job in 2015, and he won't even have the opportunity to compete for the job in 2016.

26 minutes ago, Phila.:chip said:

LOL, did you burn it after the 2011 or 2012 season ?

Haha nah man. He may have pissed me off but he still played with heart and gave it his all. I still wear it from time to time. 

A burnable jersey is more like Miles Austin, Steve Smith, Dbag Murray, DRC, Nnamdi.

5 hours ago, skippyx said:

Yet Chip wants nothing to do with Foles and no one else sees him as a starting caliber QB. 

Foles literally had one good game under Chip after the 2013 season and that was against one of the worst teams in the league at the time 

Foles fans are reminding me of the AJ Feeley fans who were sold when he went 4-1 after Dmac went down and even after he face planted in Miami and San Diego, his fans were adamant that it was "the systems" and it wasn't until he tossed 7 picks in 2 games when he was back under Reid, that they finally learned that he was an OK backup and nothing more.

Let it go... Foles had a great 2013 and everything lined up beautifully for him

-New offense

-Top ranked offensive line

-Rushing Champ running back

-Top rushing offense

-Top deep threat.

Even during his great run, he wasn't asked to do much. He literally averages 222 yards per game in the top ranked offense.

It's amazing.

RG3 was the #2 overall pick of the same draft and had pretty stats as rookie en route to a division title and ROY. 

No one has an issue labeling him bum now. No one is giving him the "system" excuse.

Josh Freeman had a really pretty statistical season too and was seen as a rising stud. He's been given several opportunities since and as struck out on all of them.

No one is saying that Freeman can still be effective.

Derek Anderson had a pro bowl season with Cleveland and has screwed the pooch ever since.

Everyone acknowledges that he's a bum.

The 2nd highest rated QB the second half of 2013 was Josh McCown. Everyone knows he's a backup who just had a nice run.

Why is there this shield around Foles?