Sign in to follow this  
PhillyPhan13

The Number Don't Make Sense to Me

The Eagles must have something in the works because the numbers do not make sense to me.  

Eleven Olinemen.  Granted Lane Johnson is going to be suspended so it'll be ten, but even that is a lot of linemen.  Speaking of Lane's impending suspension...what kind of BS is it that the team doesn't know prior to cut down day.  The Eagles could use Lane's roster spot for another position (more on that later).  

The rest of the offense looks okay, except they need a third QB, no?

The defense.  Five Tackles seems high.  But the egregious imbalance is having six ends and six corners; while only carrying four linebackers.  Clearly the Eagles have to be planning to sign a LB because they can't possibly carry only four into the season.  Unless they plan on wrapping Kendricks in quilted Northern. :)

27 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Don't take the current numbers as final. I fully expect changes between now and Monday or Tuesday.

Yep. With Howie, the roster is unlikely set in stone right now...or ever for that matter. I wouldn't put mid season deals out of the question with him.

I think Howie said in a press conference today that we weren't done in terms of trading and dealing? I'm sure I read that and I can well believe it. I'm not sure there's the right balance on this team just yet. 

Pass rushers and defensive backs are precious commodities in today's NFL. The Eagles just kept their best assets in the hopes of moving one or two of them. They won't have 4 LBs on the roster next Sunday.