sodakeagle

My first Eagles game--help please

Finally making it to philly for the first time in my life, and will see the Eagles play for the 4th time.....finally when they are the home team.  Im coming in late Oct for the Vikes game.  Can I get some advice on fun things to do...where to stay...best cheesesteak.....etc etc etc.  My wife and I are coming with another couple, we like to drink and have a good time, so something geared along those lines.  Thanks!!

Also, is it a terrible idea for my friend and his wife to wear Vikings jerseys?  I know some cities aren't bad, but I know how philly fans can be

As far as cheese steaks, since it's your first trip you can do the usual, Pats, Genos or Tony Luke's, all close to the stadium. As far as bars, plenty to choose from. Chickie and Petes is a great sports bar, again close to the stadium. Depending on what you want to do pre- game you can do the Xfinity Zone, it's right in the parking lot area and always fun stuff going on.  It's. A huge facility with lots of bars and big Tvs. They do a lot of pressmen stuff. 

If it was me I would stay near the airport. Very close to the stadium. Easy public transportation if you don't have a car. 

As far as historic sites, go down to independence hall and see the Libert Bell and Constutution Hall, you can get tix in advance and it's free. You don't need Tix for the liberty bell. Plenty of bars and restaurants in that area. 

Just some ideas, I'm sure others will chime in. 

Good luck and have fun!

Towlfan...thanks a ton. I think I will probably get a hotel near the airport. Definetly will do inde hall and liberty bell.  If you think of any other ideas please chime in again. This year it's my wife and friends. Next year I'm taking my oldest son....want to make it annual thing. Again...thanks for the response. 

I once stayed at the Omni near Independence Hall (now the Franklin Hotel), which was nice because we just had to walk across the street to get to the park. The hotel was dated but nice, and we got a good deal. If you get to the park early, you can get a free tour of Independence Hall. Highly recommended. Liberty Bell and Constitution Center are nearby. Lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance or a short cab ride from there.

Xfinity Live is hopping before an Eagles game, but costs some money to get in. Chickie and Pete's is near the subway stop but going away from the stadium. Or just walk through all the tailgates. There's plenty to do before a game.

If you stay in Center City, you can just take SEPTA down Broad St. to and from the game. Whether you stay at the airport or in the city I'd find the better hotel deal and go with it, you can make it work either way.

I'm jealous,but happy for you!!! I hope you have a GREAT time! One of the fun things you get to do is at the game itself.You get to watch our Birds "Gang Green" go against Bradford,yee-hah. I've been a fan since '79(12 yrs.old)and reside in Lancaster Co.,PA;approx.90 mi. West of Philly and I'm still dreaming of going to a game.#1 on bucket list if I had one.I hope we win;not just for the "W" but to put the cherry on top for you,your wife and friends.The only thing holding me back is cabbage.

That's awesome! My girlfriend and I are making our first trip to the Linc for the Vikings game too. NUMBER ONE thing you should plan out is going to ticket master.com and searching Lincoln Financial VIP tour, they take you into the locker room, on-field, press room, sky boxes and everything, for $10, I cancelled my plans at the Art Museum to fit this tour in. We are staying at the DoubleTree in center city because there is rap concert on that Friday night that we want to go to, probably just spend that night drinking and partying. Saturday will be the sightseeing. We will go to Terminal Market for breakfast, then the liberty bell, then the tour and probably one of the tourist cheesesteak stops, I'm thinking Pat's. Tailgating with Cav's Philly tailgate. It's $40 with unlimited food and beer and live music, I recommend it for people like us who may not know a lot of local tailgaters.

On 9/13/2016 at 9:13 AM, Mspencer said:

That's awesome! My girlfriend and I are making our first trip to the Linc for the Vikings game too. NUMBER ONE thing you should plan out is going to ticket master.com and searching Lincoln Financial VIP tour, they take you into the locker room, on-field, press room, sky boxes and everything, for $10, I cancelled my plans at the Art Museum to fit this tour in. We are staying at the DoubleTree in center city because there is rap concert on that Friday night that we want to go to, probably just spend that night drinking and partying. Saturday will be the sightseeing. We will go to Terminal Market for breakfast, then the liberty bell, then the tour and probably one of the tourist cheesesteak stops, I'm thinking Pat's. Tailgating with Cav's Philly tailgate. It's $40 with unlimited food and beer and live music, I recommend it for people like us who may not know a lot of local tailgaters.

For Cav's, did you already buy a ticket, or do they sell them day of? 

On 9/16/2016 at 2:48 PM, the noid said:

For Cav's, did you already buy a ticket, or do they sell them day of? 

Sorry I'm just seeing this, I messaged them on Facebook and they said it's cool to just pay when we show up.

Hi

im in the New York next week and my son and I are also getting to the Vikings game on Sunday. He's a massive eagles fan so is really excited.

we are hoping to purchase an Eagles jersey before the game so any advice on where we should purchase? We'll have time to go anywhere in Philly beforehand as our train from Trenton arrives into Philly at about 11am

Thanks