Sign in to follow this  
ManCave001

What Happened to Our Tailgating? The Hours Suck

I've been to multiple events at the Sports Complex during the last decade, including Eagles and Phillies games, as well as several Wing Bowls.  I am here to complain-LOUDLY-about the changes in hours at the lots.  5 hours before kickoff is a freaking joke.  5 years ago we would get there before 10 a.m. for a Monday night game.  For a 1:00 game, getting there after 9 a.m. is useless.  I know that the NFL is driving some of this, but 7 hours before kickoff was bad enough (that's what it seemed to be last year).  

WE WANT OUR TAILGATING DAYS BACK!

I don't know why the Eagles would want to seriously hamper what is one of the best tailgating scenes in the NFL.  We practically invented it!  This is the just the latest assault on our favorite pastime. $40 to park, and you only get a maximum of 5 hours.  We should rise up and demand the restoration of our tailgating rights, which have been endowed by our Creator!  This is the birthplace of freedom, for God's sake!  

Last year times for 1pm games: 

6:00am - FDR Park, Wells Fargo A-H and Lot M,N & P

8:00am - Lot K

10:00am - Citizens Bank Q-X

10:30am - Lot L & J

This year (at least for season opener):

6:00am - FDR Park, Wells Fargo A-H and Lot M,N & P

8:00am - Lot K, J, L

11:00am - Citizens Bank Q-X

Citizens lots are technically designated as "no tailgating." Even though people set-up in there, it opens later because there isn't supposed to be tailgating and they try to time it so traffic goes to those lots for cash parking, after the others fill up. 

I've been seeing 5 hours a lot this year, but it appears they are open earlier.  I usually go to Lot D.  I know last year the lot didn't open until 1-2pm for a Monday night game.