Wallyhorse

Why are the 49ers so bad...........

Since we have one for the Browns....

This also can be asked of the 49ers, a team that in many ways is worse off than the Browns are at this point (they were 0-14 against teams not in Los Angeles this past season) and could be looking at 0-16 next season. 

At the the Browns are sticking to their plans.  The 49ers are far worse even if they did win one more game than the Browns this past season. 

53 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

Chip Kelly plus a GM who passes on a talented QB

Chip had very little to do with the 49ers being so bad. 

Chimp wasn't the sole reason why the 49ers were bad, but he didn't help. That team strives with a power running game, but when you run in the shotgun on every play and no downhill running, you are screwed.

Yea I think the 49ers situation is much more straightforward than the Browns situation.

The niners issue all stem from the GM. Same thing occurred with San Diego when they had AJ Smith as GM for all those years. The guy had personal issues with too many people and fired a good coach (Schottenheimer) who had you knocking on the door of a championship.

Right now the 49ers job must be the worst to take on! And that's some fall for a team who a couple of years ago were competing. I mean what a fall from grace.

That said... With Baalke gone that job might be a little bit more attractive now. He's a real poor excuse of a GM! So with him out of the picture that team could get back to business. But they are a long long way from competing. That offense needs a complete overhaul. In fact probably more so than us! Their o line is not good, they don't have a QB they can trust and their receivers are nearly as bad as ours. 

Jed York is the biggest problem I think. The guy is a clown who has no clue how to run an NFL team. I don't know what GM would want to work for him.

4 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Jed York is the biggest problem I think. The guy is a clown who has no clue how to run an NFL team. I don't know what GM would want to work for him.

Yea you beat me to it. I was going to come back to this thread and mention that in my original post I compared the San Diego situation to the niners and they're pretty similar. Both owners of those teams are pretty bad and the GMs were just an extension of their personalities.

30 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Yea you beat me to it. I was going to come back to this thread and mention that in my original post I compared the San Diego situation to the niners and they're pretty similar. Both owners of those teams are pretty bad and the GMs were just an extension of their personalities.

Yeah, he had a great head coach in Harbaugh and Harbaugh quit because he didn't want to put up with York's meddling a** so he said ef you loser and split. Looks like Jim having the last laugh because he has Michigan in national title contender status and the niners continue to suck.

Must be someone related to Wally running show ....  they are as bad as his threads  :ph34r:

11 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

Must be someone related to Wally running show ....  they are as bad as his threads  :ph34r:

:roll::roll::roll:

I don't follow the Niners close enough to finger the blame on X or Y.  But I do know that the Harbaugh situation led to maybe the greatest locker room meltdown I've ever seen in the NFL.  Our Chip Kelly situation was nothing next to it.

The strength of their team was defense and it was absolutely decimated with injuries, retirements, legal problems, etc. Baalke was either too stubborn or too incompetent to realize that the house was burning down around him and now he is (was) surrounded by the rubble.  The league also figured out the whole zone read thing which made their one trick pony QB borderline useless. On top of that they made a couple of horrible coaching hires in Tomsula and Kelly along with their owner being a meddling buffoon.  

I'd easily take the Browns situation over the Niners.

1 hour ago, Dawkins 20 said:

The strength of their team was defense and it was absolutely decimated with injuries, retirements, legal problems, etc. Baalke was either too stubborn or too incompetent to realize that the house was burning down around him and now he is (was) surrounded by the rubble.  The league also figured out the whole zone read thing which made their one trick pony QB borderline useless. On top of that they made a couple of horrible coaching hires in Tomsula and Kelly along with their owner being a meddling buffoon.  

Losing guys like Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, and Chris Boreman, right along with the departure of Jim Harbaugh was too much adversity at one time to absorb. Add to that, also as mentioned above, the hiring of Jim Tomsula, was another step in the wrong direction. Add to that a GM in Baalke who undermined Harbaugh, the best coach they had since Bill Walsh, and who appears to be an egomaniac. An owner who never was a solid owner (too bad the owner can't be fired, Jed). I'd also add going with Colin Kaepernick over Alex Smith - a flash in the pan QB over a fairly solid though unspectacular Alex Smith.  Navarro Bowman's injury issues didn't help, nor did Aldon Smith's personal issues. Just too much negativity in too short a period of time, and there you have a perfect formula for decline.

9ers are a long long way from being competitive again that's for sure. They really have nothing but, Hyde on offense and Reid on defense. Bowman is pretty much done and the top 2 duck players they took were underwhelming 

amazing what a few years will do .... THink they need to change name  " who's got it worse then us " 

When 49ers Move from San Francisco to santa clara that when the Jinx start,as far as i'm concern ,i hope they're never win again.When the owner chose money over fans,F them.

Get Real

3 hours ago, getreal said:

When 49ers Move from San Francisco to santa clara that when the Jinx start,as far as i'm concern ,i hope they're never win again.When the owner chose money over fans,F them.

Get Real

Santa Clara made sense.   The 49ers have trained there for years.  Candlestick Park was outdated, and land in the Bay Area is prohibitively expensive to build on.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:42 AM, Dawkins 20 said:

I'd take the Browns situation if I could get a different GM.  I don't trust captain money ball.  The 49ers have a long road but they may get their quicker if they get a good GM.  Also lets not forget the Browns owner has been a disaster since he bought the team.

Though being a horrible place to be a HC, a Player, and a fan at the moment, Blaming Chip for their issues is just plain hatred for the guy. They are about to have their 4th head coach in as many years. The word in San Fran is that they were actually pleased with Chip Kelly and the only reason why is  gone is because The new GM will want to clean house and bring in his own people. None of the players had anything bad to say about chip there, unlike here. 

Personally, Chip doesn't belong in this league and never should have been given a HCing job, nevertheless 2 in the NFL. Not that he is a terrible coach, he is better suited for teaching kids. He has no clue dealing with men that make more money than he does. 

49ers are a team with 0 talent and needs a complete rebuild. Whoever the next GM and HC will be, they need to stick with them and give them a chance to rebuild the team. Hell, we went through 3 hcs, 6+QBs, 3 offenses, 3 defenses etc and wonder why we go downhill and are a 7-9 team. At least the 49ers cleaned house. We are stuck with Howie for the foreseeable future.

I was ecstatic when they got rid of Baalke. I read many reports that said he was an egotistical paranoid maniac when it came to power in the front office. Anyone who came close would get fired.