RememberTheKoy

OFFICIAL: Nick Foles 2017 option not picked up by Chiefs

On 5/17/2018 at 2:21 AM, vincent_NJG said:

Getting too caught up in numbers.

Wentz didn't have great statistical rookie season but by the end of it, everyone knew he was legit. 

If Wentz was was available for 3 1st round picks, at least 15+ teams would be fighting over each other to trade for him.

Not even remotely the case with Foles. 

This is why you can't live an die with numbers. We see Kaepernicks stat line but we know he's crap.

Sure, Foles' and Wentz's numbers look almost identical. Let's be honest though. If were identical talents, there would be a qb controversy.

One that wouldn't be is the Browns 

And for all those arguing where Foles sits, why don't you just write out a list.

So something like this 

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Brees

To be honest he's probably above the Flacco/Dalton tier and in the bottom end of the Stafford tier around Alex Smith range. 

Just now, Mat said:

One that wouldn't be is the Browns 

And for all those arguing where Foles sits, why don't you just write out a list.

So something like this 

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Brees

To be honest he's probably above the Flacco/Dalton tier and in the bottom end of the Stafford tier around Alex Smith range. 

I put him just a spot above Smith right now personally. Only because he has the balls to throw the ball down the field and attempt some difficult throws. I wish we could see how good he would be after 3 years starting in the same offense. But hopefully that does not happen here.

1 minute ago, boogyman said:

I put him just a spot above Smith right now personally. Only because he has the balls to throw the ball down the field and attempt some difficult throws. I wish we could see how good he would be after 3 years starting in the same offense. But hopefully that does not happen here.

Smith is probably right around the half way mark of guys in the league which seems about right. It's where guys have flaws (Smith's deep ball, Stafford's inability to win against good teams) but they're still pretty good starters.

30 minutes ago, Mat said:

Smith is probably right around the half way mark of guys in the league which seems about right. It's where guys have flaws (Smith's deep ball, Stafford's inability to win against good teams) but they're still pretty good starters.

The strange thing to me is this. Look at the money and time commitment guys like stafford and smith have gotten over the past 10 years. And there is no metric that says they are any better than Foles. 

1 minute ago, boogyman said:

The strange thing to me is this. Look at the money and time commitment guys like stafford and smith have gotten over the past 10 years. And there is no metric that says they are any better than Foles. 

Exactly and Foles has done more then both already yet they have had more chances. So far in Foles short career, he has done extremely well with each chance he got ... except with fisher . Even there he did not do horrible ... he was playing playoff teams weekly 

I think Alex Smith is a good example of a player with talent similar to Foles who was given plenty of opportunity and paid well.

Alex Smith is 69-31-1 in his last 7 years with a 94.9 rating.

He had his job stolen by Kaep the Kneeler and Harbaugh the smartest guy in the room (when he is alone)

• He was 25 for his last 27 for 304 yards and 4 TDs with a rating of about 130 when Harbaugh said he was 'going with the hot hand'

He also has a 97.4 rating in the playoffs with 14 TDs to 2 picks.

Sure, he is 2-5 in the playoffs, but take a look at those games.

• He out-dueled Drew Brees in a shootout. 
  • He lost a playoff game and a trip to the Super Bowl because Kyle Williams (and his enabler Harbaugh) fumbled twice.
  • He had another game where he led his team to 44 points. The team started getting injuries left and right, and Luck went nuts on KC's D and beat them 45-44.
  • His last game had a QB catch his own pass for a TD, Kelce got concussed early, and the refs cheated KC out of 2 turnovers (including the game winner 2-point conversion fumble)
    • The ref who called that game was forced to resign this off-season.

People who hate on Alex Smith are like people who hate on Nick Foles.

There is no basis in reality for their delusional disrespect.

I have no problem with Stafford. He has had to work with some pretty weak teams. Patricia could turn them around quickly.

Foles is clearly far superior to Keenum and Bradford, and those guys get 18-20 million a year.

I think he is on the same level as Ryan and Cousins (I'd take him over either one), and those guys just got 28-30 million a year.

6 hours ago, skippyx said:

I think he is on the same level as Ryan and Cousins (I'd take him over either one), and those guys just got 28-30 million a year.

Oh I would absolutely take Foles over Cousins especially as he'd be cheaper. Not sure about Ryan though... But yeah Foles is as good as Cousins in my opinion. And that's good for something like the 15-20th ranked QB in the league which for a good team is more than good enough. 

10 hours ago, skippyx said:

I think Alex Smith is a good example of a player with talent similar to Foles who was given plenty of opportunity and paid well.

Alex Smith is 69-31-1 in his last 7 years with a 94.9 rating.

He had his job stolen by Kaep the Kneeler and Harbaugh the smartest guy in the room (when he is alone)

• He was 25 for his last 27 for 304 yards and 4 TDs with a rating of about 130 when Harbaugh said he was 'going with the hot hand'

He also has a 97.4 rating in the playoffs with 14 TDs to 2 picks.

Sure, he is 2-5 in the playoffs, but take a look at those games.

• He out-dueled Drew Brees in a shootout. 
  • He lost a playoff game and a trip to the Super Bowl because Kyle Williams (and his enabler Harbaugh) fumbled twice.
  • He had another game where he led his team to 44 points. The team started getting injuries left and right, and Luck went nuts on KC's D and beat them 45-44.
  • His last game had a QB catch his own pass for a TD, Kelce got concussed early, and the refs cheated KC out of 2 turnovers (including the game winner 2-point conversion fumble)
    • The ref who called that game was forced to resign this off-season.

People who hate on Alex Smith are like people who hate on Nick Foles.

There is no basis in reality for their delusional disrespect.

I have no problem with Stafford. He has had to work with some pretty weak teams. Patricia could turn them around quickly.

Foles is clearly far superior to Keenum and Bradford, and those guys get 18-20 million a year.

I always though Smith was a good QB. My only problem with him and the reason I like Foles a bit more, (without considering Foles has a much smaller sample size), is Foles seems more willing to attempt a few more throws with higher degree of difficulty. Smith plays it safe a bit too much for my liking, especially in big games. A few times a game, in certain situations, there are throws where the QB needs to just let it rip and Smith doesn't attempt those throws very often.

A lot of those big throws Foles had in the NFC game and Superbowl, Smith would not have attempted IMO.

6 hours ago, boogyman said:

I always though Smith was a good QB. My only problem with him and the reason I like Foles a bit more, (without considering Foles has a much smaller sample size), is Foles seems more willing to attempt a few more throws with higher degree of difficulty. Smith plays it safe a bit too much for my liking, especially in big games. A few times a game, in certain situations, there are throws where the QB needs to just let it rip and Smith doesn't attempt those throws very often.

A lot of those big throws Foles had in the NFC game and Superbowl, Smith would not have attempted IMO.

That's why a good TD/interception ratio is not always a great thing as some like it to be. 

6 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

That's why a good TD/interception ratio is not always a great thing as some like it to be. 

yup like when Morris and rtk were praising  Bradford for completion percentage... he just made safe little throws and still lost. Stats are not the most important thing ....its more for fantasy football. other things matter more.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, zenclaybourne said:

Okay, just wanted to make sure there wasn't any confusion caused by my use of pronouns

It's not your pronouns I'm worried about . . . it's your adjectives!  <g>

7 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

See Donovan Mc5 for reference.

No stats for 'Wild Throws' and 'Worm Burners'.

1 hour ago, McNabbIsGone said:

It's not your pronouns I'm worried about . . . it's your adjectives!  <g>

You mean it was more than "a little" deceiving? Or is this a reference that is going way over my head?

1 minute ago, zenclaybourne said:

You mean it was more than "a little" deceiving?

Or is this a reference that is going way over my head?

Naaaaa . . . I'm just havin' some fun wit cha!

I would take Foles over Alex Smith, but that is more a compliment to Foles than a slight on Smith.

I was not happy when he went to DC.

Dak is still the 5th best QB in this division. 😆