RememberTheKoy

OFFICIAL: Nick Foles 2017 option not picked up by Chiefs

8 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

Chip never wanted Foles .... He hated the fact that it was Reids team and was winning . All Foles did was win here even in 2014 before he got injured he was winning . He got sent to the Rams which he was not wanted by a team that packed up moved to LA and fired a coach that was a record loser . Foles gotr basically 1 year as starter .... if he got more time say 2-3 years who knows what could of been.  We will never know now and it does not matter since he is long since been traded . 

But as a Eagle he played great and loved by his teamates , that showed when they fought for him . Dude broke records here and some still hate him because they loved Vick more and thought because vick in his long sad career had a small 6 game streak where he looked good 

Really? Chip hated Foles? After all the effusive praise he threw on him as well as "he's going to be our quarterback for the next 1000 years"?

Chip may have not loved Foles but he didn't hate him. 

Vick set the world on fire in 2010. People were screaming that he should have been MVP. Like Foles, had his jersey sent to Canton.

Not before or since, has Vick come anywhere near that 2010 performance. It was a hard pill to swallow for many to realize that the 2010 Vick was lightning in a bottle.

We know that now. Why can't come to grips with that with Foles?

There were so many excuses for Vick, they used to call them the "****s" because they were so ridiculous.

-The oline/receivers/playcalling/coach/injured/etc. 

Now it's with Foles who's long gone. 

The Rams didn't want him because he was the worst starter in the league. Journeyman backup Case Keenum actually outplayed him after Foles got benched.

If Foles was any good, they would have kept him over Keenum. They didn't.

They cut him loose and he only got interest from a handful of teams as a backup because that's what he is. The league knows this.

Like Keenum, McCown, Fitzpatrick, etc, he's a low end starter/high end backup. He can hold down the fort for a few games but he's not a franchise QB.

Now some are clamoring on how Foles looked decent in spot duty for Alex Smith...

Wait...A backup QB...in an Andy Reid offense... looked good?

You don't say....

3 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Really? Chip hated Foles? After all the effusive praise he threw on him as well as "he's going to be our quarterback for the next 1000 years"?

Vick set the world on fire in 2010. People were screaming that he should have been MVP. Like Foles, had his jersey sent to Canton.

Not before or since, has Vick come anywhere near that 2010 performance. It was a hard pill to swallow for many to realize that the 2010 Vick was lightning in a bottle.

We know that now. Why can't come to grips with that with Foles?

There were so many excuses for Vick, they used to call them the "****s" because they were so ridiculous.

-The oline/receivers/playcalling/coach/injured/etc. 

Now it's with Foles who's long gone. 

The Rams didn't want him because he was the worst starter in the league. Journeyman backup Case Keenum actually outplayed him after Foles got benched.

They cut him loose and he only got interest from a handful of teams as a backup because that's what he is. The league knows this.

Like Keenum, McCown, Fitzpatrick, etc, he's a low end starter/high end backup. He can hold down the fort for a few games but he's not a franchise QB.

Now some are clamoring on how Foles looked decent in spot duty for Alex Smith...

Wait...A backup QB...in an Andy Reid offense... looked good?

You don't say....

yes never in the NFL did a coach say one thing and mean another ..... Do you still believe in the the tooth fairy and unicorns ?

3 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

I think we can all agree with the bolded text. That said, I really think Chip Kelly wanted him gone from the beginning. Foles had to put up ridiculous statistics while filling in for Vick to get the job and Kelly didn't commit to him for weeks. Then after an average half season, Kelly traded him and a draft pick away for another low end starter. My suspicion is that Foles actually added some of Reid's plays to the offense in 2013-14. It explains why the offense became so simplistic after he left and why Kelly didn't like him. Of course I don't actually have the games recorded to check this so it's just a hypothesis.

On 2/22/2017 at 10:40 AM, pdmkob said:

EXCEEEEPT.........................

being the worst statistical QB in the entire NFL in every category relevant to being a successful QB in 2014 until he got injured - then off to the Rams 2015 where he was again the WORST  starting QB in the NFL because ......... no fault of his own , right?

Damn! I cant believe this is still happening 3 years later 

everything about common sense explains his limited success - and everything about evidence, history, and logic have proven why it was a fluke

2013 Raiders defense 3rd worst in franchise history - allowed Riley Cooper to be better than Randy Moss or Jerry Rice were ever in their career

2013 bears worst defense in their franchise history

2013 Cowboys worst defense in franchise history

2013 Detroit Lions - snowstorm

2013 Cardinals - robbed by ref - proven in 2014 and 2 years later as cards ascend to reach NFCCG while eagles slide 

2013 Skins - the skins, enough said 4-12

2013 Packers - no Aaron Rodgers - proved to dominate 2014 Eagles     

2013 Bucs - 4-12 enough said

He did little RIGHT !

in his CAREER !

he isn't even tough - he got repeatedly injured but for some reason took 1 blindside shot by a dirty Skins player and gets labeled tough as nails, its a joke 

Its not debatable anymore

You play your schedule. Romo went 12-4 against the same schedule.

The 6-9-1 Bengals curb stomped Wentz. 

Foles was 1-5 as a rookie behind garbage due to injuries (6 TDs 5 picks)

Foles was 8-2 the next year with some talent (27 TDs 2 picks)

Foles then played the next year behind a crap line and went 6-2 (13 TDs 10 picks)

Foles was 4-7 on the worst offense in the league coached by an idiot 10 years past his expiration date. (7 TDs 11 picks)

FOLES FACED 8 PLAYOFF TEAMS IN 11 GAMES WITH THE RAMS ON HIS SIDE!!!! (only a moron would expect success)

Case Keenum fan club losers like you (Sanchez Sniffers, the Bradford Bunch) thought he was the better QB because he played the soft part of the schedule

How did that work out for Fisher?

Foles got traded to the 13/20 ranked offense and he put up a 105 rating in 1 1/2 games. going 1-0 (3 TDs 0 picks)

He was on 2 horrific teams 2012 Philly(injuries) and 2015 Rams(everything) and went 5-12

He is 15-4 when he has a chance.

If you think DeSean, Cooper, Avant is anything like Moss, Welker, Stallworth or Harrison, Wayne, Stokley then this is me laughing at you :lol:

4 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

If you heard him actually say that 1000 years comment, you'd know it was blatantly obvious that it was a tongue in cheek comment because he was tired of reporters asking if he was going to remain the starter. It definitely did not center around any kind of praise.

2 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

yes never in the NFL did a coach say one thing and mean another ..... Do you still believe in the the tooth fairy and unicorns ?

1 hour ago, zenclaybourne said:

I think we can all agree with the bolded text. That said, I really think Chip Kelly wanted him gone from the beginning. Foles had to put up ridiculous statistics while filling in for Vick to get the job and Kelly didn't commit to him for weeks. Then after an average half season, Kelly traded him and a draft pick away for another low end starter. My suspicion is that Foles actually added some of Reid's plays to the offense in 2013-14. It explains why the offense became so simplistic after he left and why Kelly didn't like him. Of course I don't actually have the games recorded to check this so it's just a hypothesis.

30 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

If you heard him actually say that 1000 years comment, you'd know it was blatantly obvious that it was a tongue in cheek comment because he was tired of reporters asking if he was going to remain the starter. It definitely did not center around any kind of praise.

I agree that Chip never loved Foles. I got ripped on here for saying that Chip didn't truly mean 1000 years and said it mostly to shut everyone up.

That said, Chip didn't "hate" Foles. He just, like most everyone, knew that Foles  caught lightning in a bottle.

Perhaps we'll see him on an a future episode of NFL's Top 10 one year wonders 

The guy is not perfect.

His first start was bad. He had the Cowboys game in 2013. He had the 49ers game in 2014. He had the Packers game in 2015.

He also has stepped on an NFL field and put up 100+ rating 16 times in 41 tries

He put up an 85+ rating 25 times in 41 tries. 

Eli Manning was 7 of his first 41 for 100+ and 13 of 41 for 85+

Brady was 12 of his first 41 for 100+ and 18 of 41 for 85+

McNabb was 7 of his first 41 for 100+ and 14 of 41 for 85+

Matty Ice was 13 of his first 41 for 100+ and 20 of 41 for 85+

Flacco was 14 of his first 41 for 100+ and 19 of 41 for 85+

Dalton was 14 of 41 for 100+ and 21 of 41 for 85+

Foles is in the top 25 QBs in the league right now. He has upside for top 12 with occasional pro bowl years.

Arizona would be smart to sign him as Palmer's replacement.

KC should think long and hard about dropping Smith and keeping Foles.

He would be a smart move for Denver, or Houston to consider.

Record and statistics say he is good. Your loser opinions are noted though. :smoke:

27 minutes ago, skippyx said:

The guy is not perfect.

His first start was bad. He had the Cowboys game in 2013. He had the 49ers game in 2014. He had the Packers game in 2015.

Foles is in the top 25 QBs in the league right now. He has upside for top 12 with occasional pro bowl years.

He's had one good start since since 2013.

One. Early in the 2014 season against a bottom 5 team.

Any other QB would be all but written off as a franchise QB at this point

Keep telling yourself he's a stud though. Looking forward to more excuses for Foles this time next year

47 minutes ago, skippyx said:

The guy is not perfect.

Dalton was 14 of 41 for 100+ and 21 of 41 for 85+

Record and statistics say he is good. Your loser opinions are noted though. :smoke:

Dude, give it up. RTK is annoying with his anti-Foles obsession, but you're way too far in the opposite direction. He's a decent backup, end of story. To say he has top 12 potential is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, nipples said:

Dude, give it up. RTK is annoying with his anti-Foles obsession, but you're way too far in the opposite direction. He's a decent backup, end of story. To say he has top 12 potential is ridiculous.

Your right bro. No way someone like Foles could ever be better than Andy Dalton, Blake Bortles, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco, and Eli Manning. :smoke:

We can put Dak in the Hall of Fame right now because he will have a 100+ rating every year!

This is fun, keep it up.

21 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

He's had one good start since since 2013.

One. Early in the 2014 season against a bottom 5 team.

Any other QB would be all but written off as a franchise QB at this point

Keep telling yourself he's a stud though. Looking forward to more excuses for Foles this time next year

I count at least 9 but unlike you I can use google.

Here's a hint:

Foles Gamelogs Hidden From Morons Who Can't Search The Internet

10 hours ago, skippyx said:

You play your schedule. Romo went 12-4 against the same schedule.

The 6-9-1 Bengals curb stomped Wentz. 

Foles was 1-5 as a rookie behind garbage due to injuries (6 TDs 5 picks)

Foles was 8-2 the next year with some talent (27 TDs 2 picks)

Foles then played the next year behind a crap line and went 6-2 (13 TDs 10 picks)

Foles was 4-7 on the worst offense in the league coached by an idiot 10 years past his expiration date. (7 TDs 11 picks)

FOLES FACED 8 PLAYOFF TEAMS IN 11 GAMES WITH THE RAMS ON HIS SIDE!!!! (only a moron would expect success)

Case Keenum fan club losers like you (Sanchez Sniffers, the Bradford Bunch) thought he was the better QB because he played the soft part of the schedule

How did that work out for Fisher?

Foles got traded to the 13/20 ranked offense and he put up a 105 rating in 1 1/2 games. going 1-0 (3 TDs 0 picks)

He was on 2 horrific teams 2012 Philly(injuries) and 2015 Rams(everything) and went 5-12

He is 15-4 when he has a chance.

If you think DeSean, Cooper, Avant is anything like Moss, Welker, Stallworth or Harrison, Wayne, Stokley then this is me laughing at you :lol:

Yeah, ummmmmm, .......

All of that adds up to being cut/traded from 3rd team in 3 years soooooooooo. ..........

Articles on NFL.com about Jimmy Garaffalo  vs the entire draft class or Tony Romo vs the entire draft class, or will Jay Cutler even land a job........

And nobody is even considering discussing "the great Nick Foles".......

Have a YUGE laugh on me 

11 hours ago, skippyx said:

I count at least 9 but unlike you I can use google.

Here's a hint:

Foles Gamelogs Hidden From Morons Who Can't Search The Internet

See that's your problem. You live in die on stats and only when they suit your narrative.

You just can't get off Foles' 2013 but you admittedly, were able to get off Vicks 2010.

In a QB league where teams are virtually hopeless regardless of talent level if they lack an even mediocre starting caliber QB....

...no one is clamoring for Nick Foles.

That should pretty much tell you all you need to know.

46 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

See that's your problem. You live in die on stats and only when they suit your narrative.

You just can't get off Foles' 2013 but you admittedly, were able to get off Vicks 2010.

In a QB league where teams are virtually hopeless regardless of talent level if they lack an even mediocre starting caliber QB....

The guy calls himself "skippy". That should immediately tell you what you're dealing with:rolleyes:

He doesn't actually watch the games, he just has someone read him the boxscores in the paper the day after the game, and then he waits for the almighty rankings, which always tell the whole story. Only losers watch football games

11 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

The guy calls himself "skippy". That should immediately tell you what you're dealing with:rolleyes:

He doesn't actually watch the games, he just has someone read him the boxscores in the paper the day after the game, and then he waits for the almighty rankings, which always tell the whole story. Only losers watch football games

:lol:

Well ummm...I can't exactly talk considering the name I have

2 hours ago, Gmen4ever said:

says the guy with Tranny Eli as Picture and Name Gmen4ever could be taking a diffrent way 

8 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

:lol:

Well ummm...I can't exactly talk considering the name I have

Yeah, but you dont normally act like a horses a**, so your screen name is forgivable:lol:

6 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

says the guy with Tranny Eli as Picture and Name Gmen4ever could be taking a diffrent way 

The Eli pic is quite funny to me, and the only people that are going to try to make something out of my screen name are pathetic homophobes. The Giants have been called the "Gmen" for many decades, so thinking that it could mean something else is just more weak assed bull****. Making fun of the name "skippy" wasn't meant to be what you thought it was, so just sit back down and shaddap.

44 minutes ago, Gmen4ever said:

Yeah, but you dont normally act like a horses a**, so your screen name is forgivable:lol:

The Eli pic is quite funny to me, and the only people that are going to try to make something out of my screen name are pathetic homophobes. The Giants have been called the "Gmen" for many decades, so thinking that it could mean something else is just more weak assed bull****. Making fun of the name "skippy" wasn't meant to be what you thought it was, so just sit back down and shaddap.

sensitive I see  , Are you saying that you have been hiding something all this time by using gmen as a double meaning ?

First off , Foles asked for his release. He gave up a lot of money owed him to obtain it. Secondly Keenum was Fishers choice all along.  Had even signed him before the trade of Foles to them. Anyone who watched and listened to that press conference when Foles was being introduced. Would have been hard pressed to glean an ounce of enthusiasm from Fisher regarding Foles. But he was elated  about having gotten Keenum back. I will forever see that PC in my head. Nick I'm sure  felt the lack of excitement for him  too. How could you not? When you are belittled by the coach in introducing  another  Nick ( Farley) when the media is expecting Nick Foles?  Who was an  MVP of a Pro Bowl to come walking out and you get a DE introduced to the media instead.  Fisher thought it was funny. I doubt that Foles did . But being the gentleman he was raised to be brushed it off. 

As for  Foles' supporting cast in 2013... geez, isn't that what every QB hopes to have surrounding him to have success ? Isn't that what Eli has enjoyed much of his career? I remember how bad Eli was his first 3-4  seasons . But he was fortunate enough that the coaching staff had the patience to allow him to mature, as well as the upper management . To remain with the same team and for the most part the same coaches and players. To learn how to play the game at the NFL level. Throughout his career. . Something that Foles has not had the luxury of doing. Thus the reasons why the doubt about him still lingers for some of us. I need more than a couple of parsial seasons to have a more  accurate evaluation of him. 

Holy crap some of the stuff you guys are saying about how great foles is or could be is ridiculous. I hate saying this but, RTK is right 

Get over it already.

Is Foles awesome?  No.

Is he as terrible as some want to make him out to be?  Probably not.

Sure Foles had some luck to have that amazing year.  News flash same is true of every player who has had record setting years.  At some point you face bad competition and rack up some stats.

My thing with Foles is could he have actually improved and become a really good QB if he had had a competent coach.  He definitely had issues he needed to work on.  The question was were they too ingrained for him to break or could he fix them and take the next step and become a franchise QB.  He didn't take the next step.  Now was that his fault or Chip's? 

Don't quote me stats about Chip's offense being top of the league year two.  I watched that offense and it was hard to watch.  It wasn't good.  With Chip you have to be careful because the sheer number of snaps blow the stats out of whack.  It got stupidly simplistic fast.

And for F's sake don't sit there and make fun of someone's screen name then get upset someone made fun of yours.

15 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

They don't 'suit my narrative' They are reality.

Your drunk opinions are worthless.

Winston has 9 games of 100+ rating and 19 of 85+ rating in 32 games.

He also has 5 bad games so he must be crap by the logic of you simpletons.

Cousins had 14 games of 100_ and 18 of 85+ in his first 30 appearances.

Idiots were laughing at him after 2 weeks of mediocre games in losses this year.

He had 8 games of 100+ and 11 games of 85+ in the last 14 games after the morons had their fun.

If it hurts your feelings that I analyze statistics to inform and substantiate my opinions then I am further motivated to do so.

I am a much better evaluator of QB performance than Foles hating idiots.

'Only when they suit your narrative' is crap spewed by a troglodyte.

I pointed out his sub 60 rating games. How does that help my narrative?

Your whole argument is based on the talent of the 2015 Rams vs 8 playoff teams and the talent evaluation of Chip Kelly and Jeff Fisher. :roll::lol::thumbsup:

What teams are they coaching right now?

Foles was drafted in the 3rd round

He earned the starting job even though a bad coach went with Vick.

That bad coach traded him.

The coach who drafted him got him back as soon as possible.

he forced a balloon payment on the Rams so they would commit to him or pay him 6 million to go away.

Those jerks kept him until well after free agency, so he took the 6 million and added another 1.75 on a 1+ year deal.

Foles used his free agent leverage to force another balloon payment so he probably gets another shot at free agency.

You take all that in and assume 'nobody wants him'

Talk about altering reality to suit your weak sauce argument.

I see your statistical analysis and pointing to the guy's record.

I see that he had a 105 rating last year in a game and a half.

I see that his only non-rookie bad season was based on playing 8 playoff teams in 11 games with the St Louis Slappys.

I see that he had the 3rd best statistical season in NFL history.

To that I retort by insulting your screen name.

Ladies and Gentlemen, these are the clowns who don't like me. :smoke:

See? No football watching is required. Just crunch the numbers, and you too can pretend to be right all the time! :roll: