RememberTheKoy

OFFICIAL: Nick Foles 2017 option not picked up by Chiefs

357 posts in this topic

Nick is a victim of their cap situation. They are worse off than we are ... like 3 mil plus under the cap. I doubt they would have declined to pick up the option had they more cap space.Cause he didn't lose them the two games that he was in at QB for them. That is the hope of the back up QB, that teams rely on, when their starter goes down.

I don't suppose it is impossible for them to offer him a new contract. Whatever happens I wish him the best.

9 minutes ago, forevereagles said:

Nick is a victim of their cap situation. They are worse off than we are ... like 3 mil plus under the cap. I doubt they would have declined to pick up the option had they more cap space.Cause he didn't lose them the two games that he was in at QB for them. That is the hope of the back up QB, that teams rely on, when their starter goes down.

I don't suppose it is impossible for them to offer him a new contract. Whatever happens I wish him the best.

All true. It was 100% money. No team wants to pay that kind of money for a backup QB unless he's a mentor or maybe an heir apparent

1 person likes this

I think Foles would be a perfect backup for Wentz......and cost less than Daniels.    

Obviously, Roseman has some things up his sleeve, maybe this is one of them.....

3 people like this

51 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

All true. It was 100% money. No team wants to pay that kind of money for a backup QB unless he's a mentor or maybe an heir apparent

Except the Eagles missed out on that  memo ( Daniel is getting more than that). Funny thing is, I see a lot of Foles in Wentz. Just that Wentz  has the speed factor, that Nick lacked. That makes him more valuable in today's NFL QB's criteria to owners and coaches. They both are comparable in size and build. 

47 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

I think Foles would be a perfect backup for Wentz......and cost less than Daniels.    

Obviously, Roseman has some things up his sleeve, maybe this is one of them.....

I think that something up his sleeve is in getting Alshon Jeffery . Just posted on the home page.

6 minutes ago, forevereagles said:

Except the Eagles missed out on that  memo ( Daniel is getting more than that). Funny thing is, I see a lot of Foles in Wentz. Just that Wentz  has the speed factor, that Nick lacked. That makes him more valuable in today's NFL QB's criteria to owners and coaches. They both are comparable in size and build. 

Well to be fair, Chase was brought in to back up a guy that had an extensive injury history and to help mentor Wentz.

Then Bradford got traded and Wentz ended up beating Daniels in camp.

I don't see much of Foles in Wentz.

Same size and build but Wentz has far more moxy, toughness, deep ball skills football IQ and overall athleticism than Foles.

Foles would still be an excellent backup to Wentz though

1 person likes this

Andy Reid needs to let go of Alex Smith. The guy is dragging that team down at this point and will end up costing Reid his job

If we traded Daniel and signed Foles to half what Chase makes, that would be amazing. Not holding my breath on either though.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Andy Reid needs to let go of Alex Smith.

The guy is dragging that team down at this point and will end up costing Reid his job

At this late date (18 yrs. as a HC) Reid is costing himself his job. 

Bring back Nick!

Would love to see Nicky back in the fold. Get us another HOF season...but as a backup this time!

3 hours ago, madriver said:

Would love to see Nicky back in the fold. Get us another HOF season...but as a backup this time!

He was the back up that season too. Remember Vick was the starter and went out with a concussion. 

1 person likes this

On 2/16/2017 at 5:06 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

The answer would be because Nick Foles is not a good QB.  He is a journeyman backup.  If you are starting him as your primary QB then you are likely the Browns , Bills or Jets.

Or the 2013 NFCE champion Philadelphia eagles. One of those teams.

2 people like this

Tampa has shown interest already.

The Rams, 49ers, Jets, and Browns should not bother because no QB can thrive with their collective lack of talent.

The Texans(Savage?!?), Broncos(2 stiffs), Cardinals(37 and falling), or Vikings(Sammy Sleeves) should consider him as a starter.

Teams like the Giants(36), Saints(38), Steelers(beat up 35) , and Patriots(a spry 40) (if they trade Garoppolo) should consider him as a backup to be groomed to take over in a few years.

I think the Jags might be ready to take off with him as an upgrade over Bortles.

None of the rookies this year are anywhere near the prospect that Foles has already shown in the NFL and he is still only 28.

The Eagles, Cowboys, or Redskins would be smart to upgrade their backups (Romo is cut, Jerrah is just too stupid to know it yet)

I am biased though, I like QBs who can perform well and win when that is even the slightest possibility.

4 people like this

Eh, if i'm Foles, I'd want to go to a place where I have a chance to start. He's not getting any younger, and I hope he hasn't just resigned to being a backup QB. 

It depends on how creative people want to get on a deal.

If they want to give him 2 million and a chance for much more next year then he should stay home.

The first QB that goes down means someone is begging him. (see Sammy Sleeves 2016)

If a team wants to give him say Chase Daniel money with some incentives for playing time and an opt out, he should probably grab that.

The only bad team he should consider is SF with Shanahan in a role he could grow into this year and have a chance to win next year and onward.

21 hours ago, skippyx said:

It depends on how creative people want to get on a deal.

If they want to give him 2 million and a chance for much more next year then he should stay home.

The first QB that goes down means someone is begging him. (see Sammy Sleeves 2016)

If a team wants to give him say Chase Daniel money with some incentives for playing time and an opt out, he should probably grab that.

The only bad team he should consider is SF with Shanahan in a role he could grow into this year and have a chance to win next year and onward.

I doubt that Foles is overly concerned about the amount of money he is offered. If that was the case he wouldn't have opted out of several million from his Rams contract , to secure  his release. Also remember he comes from money. I think he just wants some stability with a team. Even if he has resigned himself to it being in  a back up role. 

Just signed a 2 year deal.........with the Eagles. 

2 people like this

Hahaha, welcome home Foles!

4 people like this

Good signing. Terrific backup.

1 person likes this

Birds must know they have a market for Chase Daniel.

Good to have Foles back, RTK must love the move.

1 person likes this

Has helped a few teams win games. Won't make waves about this being Wentz' team. I like it. 

2 people like this