Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] A Schedule Of What's Ahead For Eagles

14 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Turning back the clock with the colour. Im more a fan of the black silver red or the white n red. Orange dont do it for me.

What your thoughts?

I like the livery, there's no mistaking that McLaren orange for anything else lol.

Between these institutions (CBS Sports,Bleacher Report, Walter Football, NFL.com and Sporting News) Here are the five consensus picks at 14/15 for the Eagles.
Corey Davis, Sidney Jones, Mike Williams, Dalvin Cook, and O.J. Howard. Will everyone be happy if we get one of these 5 guys?

5 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Yea, not a big fan of adding Charles. Why put ourselves in the same situation Mathews presented? Talented, but on the sidelines way to much to impact the team.

The more Cooper Kupp video I watch, the more I like him. He is a tactician as a route runner possessing some really nice footwork. He sets up defenders with quickness after the catch. He has good height for the position, not physically imposing. You can see the football awareness in his play though. That screen he took 70 to the house against Oregon was sick. He put on the burst and ran away from guys, and then hit the defender with the stiff arm and bullied him towards the end zone. His production is impressive.

Greetings from the Sunshine State!
So here's a little something to chew on:

14: R1P14
CB SIDNEY JONES,

43: R2P11
WR COOPER KUPP,

80: R3P16 (Trade with Denver to move back and pick up a 4th)
WR TAYWAN TAYLOR,

119: R4P12
CB FABIAN MOREAU,

139: R4P32
C TYLER ORLOSKY,

144: R4P37
G ISAAC ASIATA,

155: R5P11
RB JOE MIXON,

194: R6P10
S XAVIER WOODS,

230: R7P12
LB BEN BOULWARE

1 hour ago, C5Alumni said:

43: R2P11
WR COOPER KUPP,

No thanks not in the second buddy! 

1 hour ago, C5Alumni said:

155: R5P11
RB JOE MIXON,

No thanks, not in the fifth, sixth or seventh. Not even as a UDFA. And I'll maintain that even if he goes on to be a really good player. 

That said... Jones yes, Taylor yes, Asiata yes, Orlosky yes! 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No thanks not in the second buddy! 

No thanks, not in the fifth, sixth or seventh. Not even as a UDFA. And I'll maintain that even if he goes on to be a really good player. 

That said... Jones yes, Taylor yes, Asiata yes, Orlosky yes! 

I'll take Mixon in the 3rd yes please 

Wentz is suppose to have input on FA signings right.....Is this more him telling the guys what he looks for in players at different positions or is he naming specific guys possibly both..... Reason I am asking is Wentz has had a fairly active off-season was seen throwing around with rookie WR and NC QB supposedly AG was also there(have to image when Philly gets a chance they will be asking Wentz about those rookie WRs what he thought about them.... He also was seen hanging out with Murray(Raiders RB) not sure if they worked out together or anything but if Wentz says he would like a guy like Murray how much stock does the FO take in that would they push to try and make signing him more of a priority????? This is all 100% speculation on my end just curious and wondering how much the FO values the input of Wentz(who they said they were going to ask about FA) and even the coaching staff 

I said a quite a ways back that Murray would be a good fit here, he is a big back and could be our go to and Smallwood would make a great change of pace back.

9 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Wentz is suppose to have input on FA signings right.....Is this more him telling the guys what he looks for in players at different positions or is he naming specific guys possibly both..... Reason I am asking is Wentz has had a fairly active off-season was seen throwing around with rookie WR and NC QB supposedly AG was also there(have to image when Philly gets a chance they will be asking Wentz about those rookie WRs what he thought about them.... He also was seen hanging out with Murray(Raiders RB) not sure if they worked out together or anything but if Wentz says he would like a guy like Murray how much stock does the FO take in that would they push to try and make signing him more of a priority????? This is all 100% speculation on my end just curious and wondering how much the FO values the input of Wentz(who they said they were going to ask about FA) and even the coaching staff 

He's the franchise QB. He should get a say and become a part of the decision making ...on offense. Evaluating other players(rookie and vet) is an easy way to self discover for Wentz. What does he like and feel comfortable with? What does he not like or feel comfortable with? So yes I think it's a great idea. Now after saying all that RB he would get the least say about. QB preferences really shouldn't affect the RB position. Hand off to whomever is back there and throw to him in the flat occasionally. If I'm a QB picking a RB I'd be all about the one that pass blocked the best ...LOL. The RB and QB don't need to be best friends or anything. Not sure my QB can pick out lineman for me either so much. But once again by him evaluating with me it would teach me much about what Carson sees in a game. It would give me an insight about his field vision. Carson is tall but does he have issues with field vision behind taller Olineman? Or maybe because of his height he is extremely effective behind taller lineman? The O is being built around Carson. That has already been made clear. So you might as well get his input directly.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He's the franchise QB. He should get a say and become a part of the decision making ...on offense. Evaluating other players(rookie and vet) is an easy way to self discover for Wentz. What does he like and feel comfortable with? What does he not like or feel comfortable with? So yes I think it's a great idea. Now after saying all that RB he would get the least say about. QB preferences really shouldn't affect the RB position. Hand off to whomever is back there and throw to him in the flat occasionally. If I'm a QB picking a RB I'd be all about the one that pass blocked the best ...LOL. The RB and QB don't need to be best friends or anything. Not sure my QB can pick out lineman for me either so much. But once again by him evaluating with me it would teach me much about what Carson sees in a game. It would give me an insight about his field vision. Carson is tall but does he have issues with field vision behind taller Olineman? Or maybe because of his height he is extremely effective behind taller lineman? The O is being built around Carson. That has already been made clear. So you might as well get his input directly.

Hahahahahahaha my point was just wondering how much stock Wentz input has in the FO decision making same goes with Doug's and the other coaches.....Not expecting an answer since we will never know 100% but was just writing down my curiosity for how the FO dynamic is...We all know Howie has final say but how much does he value Joe's input, Doug, Schwartz, Wentz etc,