[News] A Schedule Of What's Ahead For Eagles

19 hours ago, C5Alumni said:

Greetings from the Sunshine State!
So here's a little something to chew on:

14: R1P14
CB SIDNEY JONES,

43: R2P11
WR COOPER KUPP,

80: R3P16 (Trade with Denver to move back and pick up a 4th)
WR TAYWAN TAYLOR,

119: R4P12
CB FABIAN MOREAU,

139: R4P32
C TYLER ORLOSKY,

144: R4P37
G ISAAC ASIATA,

155: R5P11
RB JOE MIXON,

194: R6P10
S XAVIER WOODS,

230: R7P12
LB BEN BOULWARE

Personally I like Zay jones more then Kupp..... Interesting CB duo you picked longer guys both I have read are good man cover guys which suits what Schwartz does.....Mixon is a controversial player could be a ton of backlash..... I love the additions to the interior OL again personally feel that is the biggest need on the OL for the team.... 

I love Jay Jones! If we do go CB in the first, that would be my choice for WR in the 2nd. Of course I am hoping that either Williams or Davis is available at 14 or 15....

I'm not sold on Zay Jones he was primarily a slot receiver. We have one of those so unless we are running 4 receiver sets, him or Matthews are on the bench or struggling outside which I don't see as a win. I think we need outside receivers 

43 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I'm not sold on Zay Jones he was primarily a slot receiver. We have one of those so unless we are running 4 receiver sets, him or Matthews are on the bench or struggling outside which I don't see as a win. I think we need outside receivers 

He played outside his final year at ECU but yea was a slot guy the first few years..... Actually I heard he learned how to play all the WR spots while at ECU 

Zay has the speed and size to be able to play outside, he runs good routes and honestly I believe he might have the best hands in this draft class 

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

That is my thinking as well but Eagles are rumored to be pursuing him.....Eagles will no doubt a FA WR should be interesting to see who it might be....Kenny Britt/Terrance Williams/Robert Woods could be alternative options that should come cheaper 

Djax will likely be cheaper then 12m also and has been linked to Philly not sure we should pursue him though......Would add speed to the WR group and that is what it seems the FO is looking for 

Says he has experience at both Slot and outside. His father played LB in the NFL and won 3 SB's. His uncle played QB for 13 years in the NFL. Dude may or may not make it in the NFL, but I would not use playing the slot only as a reason. I think he could play outside as well as the slot. I also feel Matthews could play both. Not really sold that either are "Slot Only" Players.

Apparently TB likes him as either outside or Slot also...

http://thepewterplank.com/2017/01/21/buccaneers-draft-profile-zay-jones/

Antonio Brown is a head case, but he just makes play after play. Unlike the WR's Pitt has let go, AB is not really a trouble maker off the field. He plays hard on every play, so I can see why Pitt wants to keep him.... Think the Eagles would make a play for him if released? Has to be commanding 16 mil per no?

13 minutes ago, stine said:

Antonio Brown is a head case, but he just makes play after play. Unlike the WR's Pitt has let go, AB is not really a trouble maker off the field. He plays hard on every play, so I can see why Pitt wants to keep him.... Think the Eagles would make a play for him if released? Has to be commanding 16 mil per no?

He wont be released and he's still under contract through 2017. On top of that Art Rooney II has said they want him there, their GM Kevin Colbert said giving him an extension is top priority and they want him to retire with the Steelers, they currently have $36.3 million in cap space.

Mike Mayock said Eagles have to look hard at three first-round WRs (M. Williams, C. Davis, J. Ross.) Said a lot of depth at CB position.

Mayock thinks Eagles can draft a "couple of corners. ...It's so deep at corner." ..."I can get through 4 rounds of quality corners."

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Murphy-Alshon-Jeffery-is-too-big-of-a-risk-for-the-Eagles.html

What I have been saying all along. Too much of a risk for this team that cannot afford to make another FA mistake.... They need a sure thing for every player signed and Jeffrey is far from a sure thing IMO...

1 minute ago, stine said:

What I have been saying all along. Too much of a risk for this team that cannot afford to make another FA mistake.... They need a sure thing for every player signed and Jeffrey is far from a sure thing IMO...

In fairness though, there's no such thing as a sure thing.