Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] A Schedule Of What's Ahead For Eagles

LT in this league is a vital position...I like the Dillion and DT to O Line experiment...I get Thisbe league is ... A what have you done for me lately ... JP has done it for us for a long time and deserves to go out as an Eagle in style.

We really have to think what would make our team better. I think if we take Barnett in the draft we automaticly make our whole D better. The guy has a great motor and can get to the QB. With him on one end, Cox on the other end, gives our LBs and
secondary a boost right off the bat. Just MTC.

Hail to Stine!!! His 5th career "First" AND a dialogue with Dave!! That's a good combination power hit there!

lol I have more than 5 Lupes. Just you lost all my old firsts!

FReak not sure how you missed DT Kawann Short. You must have not seen him on the free agent list...or something. Arguably the most mobile DT around. Fits perfect in Schwartz penetration scheme. I have some bones to pick about your view of rankings. I'll save that for later though. I'm glad you put yourself out there and went all out with your free agency preview according to Freak!

Ok so that was long enough.....Freak has 'El Busto' Jarvis Jones as his top pass rusher. That's his nickname in Pitt. They benched him,put in Harrison and the defense absolutely flourished. What have you been watching Freak?

19 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

FReak not sure how you missed DT Kawann Short. You must have not seen him on the free agent list...or something. Arguably the most mobile DT around. Fits perfect in Schwartz penetration scheme. I have some bones to pick about your view of rankings. I'll save that for later though. I'm glad you put yourself out there and went all out with your free agency preview according to Freak!

Word is, the Panthers plan to use the tag on him.

Courtney Upshaw is a slow LB or DE..,not DT. C'mon Freak.

THIS is why you NEVER get on Ham's bad side! He will tear you apart! lol

We really have to think what would make our team better. I think if we take Barnett in the draft we automaticly make our whole D better. The guy has a great motor and can get to the QB. With him on one end, Cox on the other end, gives our LBs and
secondary a boost right off the bat. Just MTC.

The only scenario where I see the Eagles taking Barnett, is if all of the following players are off the board; Mike Williams, Corey Davis, Teez Tabor, Marshon Lattimore and Marlon Humphrey. WR and CB are such a pressing need and all of those names are as highly rated if not more so than Barnett. That being said, I would not throw a brick at my TV had the Eagles pulled the trigger on Barnett...

I can't see JP being cut or released. Anyone we bring in at LT will command as much money that JP is due ... LT in this league like the Dillion TE to OLine experiment but no one is better than JP for the price. Peters needs to go out as an Eagle he has earned must perform better than any other position... especially if we intend to keep Carson healthy. No Scrubs allowed, JP is worth more than he is scheduled to make, his role as an example to the young guys and as a great mentor...is invaluable to getting an OLine that can truly protect Carson must be the first priority.

I hardly would call Gordon a scrub. At least not yet. Give the dude a chance Trini! he may well turn out to be an all pro some day, just like Peters.... One thing I do like, is the Eagles are starting to think outside the box and trying players at other positions. If Gordon does turn out to be a solid OT, we would have 2 great building blocks on the line for the next 10 years.... Of course, I am getting a bit ahead of myself. Gordon needs to prove something this spring in TC first....

I happen to agree with this article...

http://gcobb.com/2017/02/17/the-eagles-need-to-make-changes-on-defense/

DC who are you looking at for possible FA and first round Draft picks...? Just curious...

12 minutes ago, stine said:

DC who are you looking at for possible FA and first round Draft picks...? Just curious...

It hasn't changed at all for me. I'd still like a WR and at least a CB in FA and another WR in the 1st and CB in the 2nd. If Williams and or Davis are gone by the time the Eagles pick, then I'd like to see the best available CB taken there.

21 minutes ago, stine said:

It hasn't changed at all for me. I'd still like a WR and at least a CB in FA and another WR in the 1st and CB in the 2nd. If Williams and or Davis are gone by the time the Eagles pick, then I'd like to see the best available CB taken there.

OK, so we are basically in agreement for the draft. I really don't care about the FA as long as they address needs. Of course I would prefer they do not strap themselves up with long term deals, but I am not going to worry anymore. If they end up like Dallas is then they only have themselves to blame. Right?

5 minutes ago, stine said:

OK, so we are basically in agreement for the draft. I really don't care about the FA as long as they address needs. Of course I would prefer they do not strap themselves up with long term deals, but I am not going to worry anymore. If they end up like Dallas is then they only have themselves to blame. Right?

As far as the cap goes, they'll be fine, there will be a few players coming off the books next year, I suspect, Peters, Celek and Chase Daniel, which would clear around $20 million, Chase is $7M, Celek I believe is $4M and then Peters would free up the rest. Plus you have Sproles retiring after this year.

I'd like to possibly add a LG in FA, but that all depends on how and where they spend their money, if they get Alshon, it's not going to allow for much else. But, if they went out and got, Wheaton/Britt/Stills/Wright/Woods etc and signed a CB like Trumaine Johnson or even Dre Kirkpatrick, then they'd be able sign an OG as well.

Derek Barnett is a very promising DE prospect, though the comparison to Reggie White (which I've seen elsewhere) is taking things too far. Barnett is no where near the dominant player White was in college. However--the beauty of it is--the Eagles don't need to spend their #1 pick on Barnett, or Taco Charleton, or any other top rated DE, because there's a stronger, faster, smarter, more flexible, more versatile, more dominant edge rusher expected to go in the 2nd round, and the Eagles are in a very good position to get him--DeMarcus Walker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_nZanLqxAw

Which means that the Eagles can take a CB (Humphrey) or a WR (Williams, Davis, Ross) or possibly a RB (if either Fournette or Cook is available) in the first round, AND!!! get DE/OLB Walker in the 2nd round.  IMO, Walker is being hugely underrated as a 2nd round pick. The very idea that Taco Charleton (ranked above him), for example, is being rated a better DE or athlete & one that deserves to go in the 1st round instead of Walker is ridiculous. Just watch the films--Charleton is clearly slower, not as strong, not as flexible, and not as good an athlete as Walker. Nor is Barnett faster or more flexible either. Granted, Barnett is fast for a big guy, but I don't expect Barnett has the versatility and speed to play OLB as Walker does--which could be very useful to the Eagles.

Follow that pick up by drafting RB Samaje Perine (or Joe Mixon, if the Eagles are willing to take a chance on a super talented, well rounded back with potential off field issues) in the 3rd round and it could be the start of one of the best Eagles drafts in many years.

10 minutes ago, stine said:

As far as the cap goes, they'll be fine, there will be a few players coming off the books next year, I suspect, Peters, Celek and Chase Daniel, which would clear around $20 million, Chase is $7M, Celek I believe is $4M and then Peters would free up the rest. Plus you have Sproles retiring after this year.

I'd like to possibly add a LG in FA, but that all depends on how and where they spend their money, if they get Alshon, it's not going to allow for much else. But, if they went out and got, Wheaton/Britt/Stills.Wright/Woods etc and signed a CB like Trumaine Johnson or even Dre Kirkpatrick, then they'd be able sign an OG as well.

Not sold on Wheaton. I heard he has off field issues. Of course, they could be BS as are allot of things we hear.... But would not mind Britt or Stills and a CB...

Just now, stine said:

Not sold on Wheaton. I heard he has off field issues. Of course, they could be BS as are allot of things we hear.... But would not mind Britt or Stills and a CB...

Not sure where you heard that, but to my knowledge, Wheaton has never been in trouble since he's been with Pittsburgh. He's had injury issues, a shoulder injury put him on IR this year, but that's about it. Maybe thinking of Martavis Bryant?

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Albert and Mario just don't care about football. They just want the check.

Pretty much, Ham. Williams definitely isn't the same player he was when he was with the Texans, he's been an FA bust with the Bills and now with the Dolphins. The crazy thing is, they signed him over Vernon and allowed Vernon to hit FA.