Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] A Schedule Of What's Ahead For Eagles

I'm sticking by my 'no QBs in the first' prediction. If you need a QB the vet options are plentiful. You go with Romo,Glennon or Tyrod. Or trade for Garrapolo. Or you get the stop gap Fitzpatrick,Jay Cutler(he should probably just retire) or Brian Hoyer. That's as many available veteran QBs that I can remember.

I've been waiting for the Garapalo to Skins rumours, wouldn't be a bad move. We seem to be playing it safe w/ the money to compete in the WR sweepstakes as there are several good FB's avail right now and we haven't made a move. Could they be happy w/ just Bonnet or converting a lineman? If it were up to me, I'd train all interior OL to run the ball and use it along w/ a 2-3 down FB who can block and catch consistently. Bringing in those guys just on special plays sends too many signals to the D. We also did not use multiple TE sets I was looking forward to. There are opportunities in the running game if they're coached and used often enough to keep D's on their toes. Just that split second of confusion or 1 misstep by a defender gives our O the advantage. As Wentz and the O become more consistent and gel, I'd like to see these plays develop.

There was some speculation otherwise, but LT Jason Peters, set to make $9.95M base salary, will be back with #Eagles in ’17. Not a surprise.

Jimmy Kempski Retweeted Ian Rapoport

According to a source, there was no pay cut. Jason Peters' 2017 salary is $10,450,000, not $9,950,000.

Well I guess the rebuild is going to take awhile longer now that they are keeping Peters at the same salary. Football is a game of risk but Peters salary is a lot of risk to take on a 35 year old player with a bad disc.

I won't believe the report until it comes from the FO. The only way I can see there not being a restructure is if they didn't want to kick the can further down the road. Either way I'm glad he'll be here, need his stability and leadership.

I won't believe the report until it comes from the FO. The only way I can see there not being a restructure is if they didn't want to kick the can further down the road. Either way I'm glad he'll be here, need his stability and leadership.

Well it is entirely possible that the Eagles aren't interested in many free agents on the this years market and they feel that they will have enough cap space to get 1 or 2 without cutting Peters salary. It is also possible that the Eagles have a couple player trades already worked out for some additional lower round draft picks this year or a couple more players.

Jason Peters has accomplished a ton during his NFL career.

The Eagles’ left tackle has been to nine Pro Bowls, is a six-time All-Pro and has been one of the best left tackles in football for a decade.

But he doesn’t have a ring. And he’s hoping Carson Wentz might be his ticket to finally getting to a Super Bowl.

"Carson’s got a lot of upside,” Peters said. "I feel like if we get the right pieces in here to help him a little bit, not saying that we don’t have them, but we didn't have the firepower that we normally have every year. That just is what it is. At the end of the day, he has a lot of upside and I would definitely come back and try to protect his blindside again.”

Time is ticking away on Peters’ career. He’s just wrapped up his 13th NFL season and is about to turn 35 years old. If Wentz is going to be his ticket to the Super Bowl, it has to work quickly.

Does Peters think Wentz can reach his potential before his time in the league is up?

"I hope so. I really hope so,” Peters said. "Because I really want a ring. It would be sad to play all these years and not even get close.”

Wrang says, Does anyone here really believe the Eagles will be competing for a Super Bowl this year? I mean you really have to be an eternal optimist to believe that is going to happen don't you? Does anyone believe we will win a Super Bowl in 2018, the last year of Peters contract? Maybe if everything comes together perfectly. Been a long time since everything came together perfectly for our team.

Okay Eagles fans, since a lot of you want to take WR Mike Williams or WR Corey Davis with pick number 15 knowing the success rate for drafting wide receivers in the first round is around a 25% success rate since 1999, What would you do if you had a chance to obtain a veteran wide receiver by trading our first round draft pick for him plus another player or lower draft pick? This receiver is only 23 years old. Last year he had 1173 receiving yards with 8TD's and 6 receptions over 40 yards. In 2015 he had 1138 receiving yards with 9 TD's and 5 receptions over 40 yards. Who is this guy? Take a guess!

33 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay Eagles fans, since a lot of you want to take WR Mike Williams or WR Corey Davis with pick number 15 knowing the success rate for drafting wide receivers in the first round is around a 25% success rate since 1999, What would you do if you had a chance to obtain a veteran wide receiver by trading our first round draft pick for him plus another player or lower draft pick? This receiver is only 23 years old. Last year he had 1173 receiving yards with 8TD's and 6 receptions over 40 yards. In 2015 he had 1138 receiving yards with 9 TD's and 5 receptions over 40 yards. Who is this guy? Take a guess!

You're talking about Brandin Cooks and no, I wouldn't trade our 1st round pick along with another pick for him. On top of that, I don't even think he's going to be traded.

3 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

You're talking about Brandin Cooks and no, I wouldn't trade our 1st round pick along with another pick for him. On top of that, I don't even think he's going to be traded.

Give that man a cigar! Hard to say DC but I would have to "consider" a proven commodity over a rookie for the same draft pick. Especially a 23 year old veteran with those stats. Maybe the first round pick and either Barwin or Kendricks could get it done with the Saints. Of course that is if the Eagles are leaning WR with the first pick. If not, all bets are off.

3 hours ago, Don Corleone said:
  3 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Give that man a cigar! Hard to say DC but I would have to "consider" a proven commodity over a rookie for the same draft pick. Especially a 23 year old veteran with those stats. Maybe the first round pick and either Barwin or Kendricks could get it done with the Saints. Of course that is if the Eagles are leaning WR with the first pick. If not, all bets are off.

I'd take Cooks over anyone else available outside of the draft...dude is good. I would rather work something else out over giving up the 1st rd pick tho. But this dude is solid. his numbers speak, he's a baller that would elevate this offense. maybe Sproles could work some creole mojo on him. if only way to get him would be a 1st rounder and another player, then make another deal with someone to move up in Rd 2...grab the best CB or DE available.

Bucs have released Alterraun Verner.

might be worth a look for training camp with a different DC in Schwartz... if you can get him for cheap, especially if Eagles take a CB in 1st or 2nd rd. he's gotta have a chip on his shoulder after getting benched for hargreaves.

I would take a look at what Maclin wanted if he was released wouldn't pay more then 3 year 18 - 22.5 mil that's 6 - 7.5 I think he would be worth that.

4 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

No way! Definitely take the top receivers in the draft. This really doesn't even make sense to me. Trade for a slot receiver that you have to negotiate a contract with...when you have a slot receiver you have to negotiate with..having Ertz and Burton working the middle of the field. The speed would be welcome. BUT what is needed is an outside weapon. Struggling to get balance outside all of this past season. Honestly I wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder for Cooks.

The guys I want in FA are Kayvon Webster the guy can play just trapped behind some really good players. Johnthan Banks was a 2nd Rd pick played decently in 2013-14 105 tackles 7 ints 16 pbus in those 2 years but with the additions of Alterraun Verner and Hargreaves he was the odd man out plus 3 head coaches and D coordinators in 4 years didn't help. Jarvis Jones or Andre Branch good rotational pieces. Jared Odrick I think would compliment Cox and give us a nice inside pass rush. Markus Wheaton would be cheaper then Stills or Jackson and play the same roll. All these guys should come cheap and at least come in day 1 to compete for starting jobs if not have them outright. These are my cheap picks. I wouldn't mind adding Knile Davis either he has played decently when asked to carry the load. Maybe add a guard like Ron Leary and really lock up the interior oline for years. I think you could add all these players 25-30mil annually but if you end load a few or give bigger signing bonuses be around 17-20mil this year. Make a few cuts and we easily have room for that the draft and FA after the draft