Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] A Schedule Of What's Ahead For Eagles

I think if you get a guy like Leary to sign you tell Kelce to take a pay cut or put Isaac Seumalo in at C and cut/trade Kelce. I think Seumalo is our future anyways and why not start now and save 3.8 mil this year. I think they hope Kelce can teach him to read defenses better this season but if he won't budge on his contract I pull the trigger the knowledge should come with time as well.

4 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

Markus Wheaton would be cheaper then Stills or Jackson and play the same roll.

DWD, I have thread on him in IWTETG, having said that, he doesn't come without some concern, can be inconsistent at times and has a bit of an injury history. I agree though, he should come in cheaper than Stills and Jackson, might even turn into a better option.

I just don't see Bennie Logan coming back to the Eagles with Beau Allen, Destiny Vaeao, and Aziz Shittu waiting in the wings. Have to find out what these guys can do.

18 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay Eagles fans, since a lot of you want to take WR Mike Williams or WR Corey Davis with pick number 15 knowing the success rate for drafting wide receivers in the first round is around a 25% success rate since 1999, What would you do if you had a chance to obtain a veteran wide receiver by trading our first round draft pick for him plus another player or lower draft pick? This receiver is only 23 years old. Last year he had 1173 receiving yards with 8TD's and 6 receptions over 40 yards. In 2015 he had 1138 receiving yards with 9 TD's and 5 receptions over 40 yards. Who is this guy? Take a guess!

No way! Definitely take the top receivers in the draft. This really doesn't even make sense to me. Trade for a slot receiver that you have to negotiate a contract with...when you have a slot receiver you have to negotiate with..having Ertz and Burton working the middle of the field. The speed would be welcome. BUT what is needed is an outside weapon. Struggling to get balance outside all of this past season. Honestly I wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder for Cooks.

What would you give up for Agholor? LOL

15 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:
  19 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Okay Eagles fans, since a lot of you want to take WR Mike Williams or WR Corey Davis with pick number 15 knowing the success rate for drafting wide receivers in the first round is around a 25% success rate since 1999, What would you do if you had a chance to obtain a veteran wide receiver by trading our first round draft pick for him plus another player or lower draft pick? This receiver is only 23 years old. Last year he had 1173 receiving yards with 8TD's and 6 receptions over 40 yards. In 2015 he had 1138 receiving yards with 9 TD's and 5 receptions over 40 yards. Who is this guy? Take a guess!

No way! Definitely take the top receivers in the draft. This really doesn't even make sense to me. Trade for a slot receiver that you have to negotiate a contract with...when you have a slot receiver you have to negotiate with..having Ertz and Burton working the middle of the field. The speed would be welcome. BUT what is needed is an outside weapon. Struggling to get balance outside all of this past season. Honestly I wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder for Cooks.

Wrangler, I understand what you are getting at, but this is a new scouting/drafting team. You cannot pin past failures on present regime.. Hopefully, they will do much better at evaluating talent. .Just my humble opinion....

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:
  20 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Wrangler, I understand what you are getting at, but this is a new scouting/drafting team. You cannot pin past failures on present regime.. Hopefully, they will do much better at evaluating talent. .Just my humble opinion....

I know Ham, It is a slow time right now and I am just trying to stimulate some good debate. LOL It does crack me up though when some guys say they don't want to pay big dollars in free agency for a cornerback or wide receiver because of their bad track record in the past. Yet these same individuals want to draft a couple WR's and CB's. My question would be, What makes you believe that if someone is lousy at judging known commodities in free agency they will be any better at judging draft talent? Especially talent that has a 25% and 30% success rate in the first round since 1999.

31 minutes ago, stine said:
  1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:
  20 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I know Ham, It is a slow time right now and I am just trying to stimulate some good debate. LOL It does crack me up though when some guys say they don't want to pay big dollars in free agency for a cornerback or wide receiver because of their bad track record in the past. Yet these same individuals want to draft a couple WR's and CB's. My question would be, What makes you believe that if someone is lousy at judging known commodities in free agency they will be any better at judging draft talent? Especially talent that has a 25% and 30% success rate in the first round since 1999.

Sorry, I meant to reply to my old buddy Stein.

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

I want Kayvon Webster and Johnthan Banks because they are cheap yet have played well when put in but we're stuck behind good players and it wouldn't mean we couldn't spend a 1st on a corner still if we wanted to plus we can add a lot more extra pieces to better the team. The same can be said with Marcus Wheaton.

13 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I want Kayvon Webster and Johnthan Banks because they are cheap yet have played well when put in but we're stuck behind good players and it wouldn't mean we couldn't spend a 1st on a corner still if we wanted to plus we can add a lot more extra pieces to better the team. The same can be said with Marcus Wheaton.

DWD, I have been saying for a while now that if the Eagles signed two WR's in free agency I would like Wheaton to be one of them. I like him as the second option after they decide who the first option is! I like the fact that he beat Brown in a 40 yard footrace last year at training camp. I know some are worried about his injury last year but I like his 800 yards receiving the year before. Plenty of upside with him IMO and he shouldn't break the bank because he sat out most of last year. He could be the gift the Eagles very seldom receive.

I would be willing to just pick up Wheaton I don't think we need to get a true #1 in FA and I think he has the talent to be one as well if a big if he works at it. With Brown, Heyward-Bey and Bryant he never needed to be anything more then a 3-4 deep threat option even Coates is talented and can make plays.

Not to mention Kayvon Webster has played for Undlin before and should have an understanding of what he wants from him 

I like the fact that Webster had a 3.5 grade point average in high school and stayed at USF to get his degree before coming out. That means the kid has some intelligence and is probably coachable. Of course the fact that he can play man to man coverage helps as well. Plus he runs a 4.34 40. Yeah he is worth a shot in my opinion. Banks is a little taller at 6ft 2in and a great blitzer and tackler. He started out as a safety. Mississippi St. never asked him to play man to man in their defense but coming out in the draft, Mike Mayock believed he had the skills to play man to man if needed.

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I like the fact that Webster had a 3.5 grade point average in high school and stayed at USF to get his degree before coming out. That means the kid has some intelligence and is probably coachable. Of course the fact that he can play man to man coverage helps as well. Plus he runs a 4.34 40. Yeah he is worth a shot in my opinion. Banks is a little taller at 6ft 2in and a great blitzer and tackler. He started out as a safety. Mississippi St. never asked him to play man to man in their defense but coming out in the draft, Mike Mayock believed he had the skills to play man to man if needed.

Look who started in front of them Denver has a great secondary and Bank was the starter till they got Alterraun Verner and Hargreaves in his first 2 years look at his stats with our safeties he could be a stud

I would be willing to just pick up Wheaton I don't think we need to get a true #1 in FA and I think he has the talent to be one as well if a big if he works at it. With Brown, Heyward-Bey and Bryant he never needed to be anything more then a 3-4 deep threat option even Coates is talented and can make plays.

Well he could be available with the Steelers having to resign Brown and Bell. Neither of those contracts are going to be cheap propositions. I haven't made up my mind yet on how many free agents the Eagles will be interested in. Now that Peters is coming back at the same contract, that makes a little less cap space to spend. We also don't know if any existing players will be traded for more draft picks or player for player swaps. Way too many intangibles going on at the present time to get a feel for what is next. I do enjoy looking at the possibilities though. LOL

7 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Well he could be available with the Steelers having to resign Brown and Bell. Neither of those contracts are going to be cheap propositions. I haven't made up my mind yet on how many free agents the Eagles will be interested in. Now that Peters is coming back at the same contract, that makes a little less cap space to spend. We also don't know if any existing players will be traded for more draft picks or player for player swaps. Way too many intangibles going on at the present time to get a feel for what is next. I do enjoy looking at the possibilities though. LOL

I think Peters informed them that this is his last year and he won't play anywhere else. So there is no trade value and he wouldn't restructure his deal out farther, so there only options were to cut him and make another hole or honor his contact and let him retire an Eagle.