Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Goal Is To Keep Adding To Talent Core

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Humphrey('bama) meeting with Eagles Tuesday

I usually don't get too excited about Bama Cornerbacks but this kid started as a freshman for them. Not too many of these cornerbacks in this years draft were 4 year starters.

Maybe that is why.Basically 4 years experience(although at the college level) may help him transition

simpson: I never heard anything about us going after jeffery. That move will make me a lot more happy. I was upset because i felt they were saying torrey smith was the answer lol

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Humphrey('bama) meeting with Eagles Tuesday

I usually don't get too excited about Bama Cornerbacks but this kid started as a freshman for them. Not too many of these cornerbacks in this years draft were 4 year starters.

my bad. Humphrey is coming out early

anyone else hear NE has gotten Cooks? Looks like I was wrong about Tennessee (Again!) my bad...  Word has it they are offering Butler and maybe a draft pick? Anyone else hear this?

Yeah DC mentioned it earlier that it was being offered

Barf, we release barwin and sign torrey smith. Torrey smith better play better with us than his former teams. Still need more help imo at the wide receiver position

He had shaky QB play in SF.Wentz will be better for him

7 minutes ago, rlubrich87 said:

Im hearing reports are a done deal that we are signing Jeffery. No details on it till 4 but it looks like we are going to get him. Now all depends on the numbers as I dont know I really like this yet.

It's one report from some guy on Twitter

Im hearing reports are a done deal that we are signing Jeffery. No details on it till 4 but it looks like we are going to get him. Now all depends on the numbers as I dont know I really like this yet.

would explain the Tuesday meeting with Humphrey then

4 minutes ago, darksnake1 said:

simpson: I never heard anything about us going after jeffery. That move will make me a lot more happy. I was upset because i felt they were saying torrey smith was the answer lol

Torrey Smith is the best receiver we have. And he came CHEAP. Nothing at all to complain about with that.

Anonymous source: Barring anything crazy, Eagles likely to land Alshon Jeffrey.

would explain the Tuesday meeting with Humphrey then

No it doesn't, it's a meeting with a draft prospect

as a possible first round pick

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

They're going to have more prospects in, it's business as usual, this doesn't have jack to do with Jeffrey being here or not. STOP

Well, the dude who told me did not have good info.... So that deal is not a done deal after all. We will see what happens. I prefer Jeffrey over Cooks anyway.

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

They're going to have more prospects in, it's business as usual, this doesn't have jack to do with Jeffrey being here or not. STOP

But highly likely if we sign Alshon that is the way we would go correct???? so STOP

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

But highly likely if we sign Alshon that is the way we would go correct???? so STOP

Yes, but the two don't have jack to do with the other, which is exactly what you were trying to insinuate.

It would make sense no? I know we will meet with more,but interesting that we meeting with a guy who will go round 1.If we weren't considering a CB at 14,we would be meeting with lower ranked CB's.I don;t see what that isnt possible to comprehend

It would make sense no? I know we will meet with more,but interesting that we meeting with a guy who will go round 1.If we weren't considering a CB at 14,we would be meeting with lower ranked CB's.I don;t see what that isnt possible to comprehend

That's simply not true, why would you not do homework on potential 1st round picks? I mean if they decided to go another direction and their guy was taken right before they draft ala Ha-Ha Dix, then they should at least know, who,what and where is available.

In former Jags news, I'm hearing the Eagles have some interest in bringing back Stefen Wisniewski. Impressed in spot starts at LG last year

Interesting DC. I thought that Wiz played better than Barbre at left guard last year and I believe he could be better at center than Kelce this year. Guess we will see.

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

That's simply not true, why would you not do homework on potential 1st round picks? I mean if they decided to go another direction and their guy was taken right before they draft ala Ha-Ha Dix, then they should at least know, who,what and where is available.

True,could be co-incidence,or could be planned.Just saying its POSSIBLE that is all

Good. I like Wisniewski for his versatility, since he can play both center & guard.  That's valuable, considering how many players get injured through the course of a season.

As for CB Marlon Humphrey, he's been my #1 pick for the Eagles for months now (& in my mock draft earlier in the thread), that is, unless a few players are still available that I don't think will be at 14 (such as Fournette, Foster, Barnett, Cook & maybe Davis).   Of all the CBs in the draft, the two that are most likely ready to start in the NFL, IMO, are Humphrey & Lattimore.  I prefer Humphrey because he's such a fierce, hard tackler--the guy isn't shy about hitting, and that translates well in any league.  I'm fairly confident that Humphrey and Cooper or Webster could get the job done.  But, I also think Kevin King might be able to start to in the NFL too, and possible even Chidobe Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis, Cordrea Tankersly, and Fabian Moreau, and believe it or not, Ashton Lampkin, who really impressed me.   It's a great CB class, so if that's what the Eagles are thinking, I get it--as it does make a certain amount of sense, & especially for 2018.