Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles Make Power Move(s) On Day One

And just like that, in the course of one day, the Eagles added a potentially potent 1-2 punch to their wide receiving corps. Free agency opened with a boom on Thursday, as the Eagles served up former 49ers and Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith as the appetizer, and then announced the addition of former Bears wide receiver Alshon Jeffery as the main course ...

View the full article

We will have a nice chunk of money next year with the release of about 4 guys. So if he preforms well , he and jordan will get extended. Next moves will be on line, corner, d line. Running back. Still not going to think the eagles would turn down John ross if hes there at 14.

Wow!!! Roseman is incredible. How great the moves were on day one remain to be seen, but NO ONE can question his daring and boldness.

Just plain AWESOME !!!!! :-D I don't know what else to say, the Eagles have made great moves 2 yrs in a row, and are not even done this yr... tough division or not, I think the Eagles are primed for post season play.(need some CBs though)

A number of us wanted Warmak. I like the Jeffery signing mainly because with a 1 year contract he's betting on himself. Highly motivated to produce.

As for Smith there was only 1 WR rated lower than him last year by PFF. And yeah we have him too. He dropped 6 of 26 catchable balls.Of course Smith didn't have a QB to get it to him so i'll cut him some slack.

So was it Howie or Chipper that got us into the current cap bind?

We will have a nice chunk of money next year with the release of about 4 guys. So if he preforms well , he and jordan will get extended. Next moves will be on line, corner, d line. Running back. Still not going to think the eagles would turn down John ross if hes there at 14.

I dont want Ross.I would be extremely disappointed if we did that

I'm trying to figure out the cap - no sites updated yet. Thought we entered the day w/ 6.5. Cut Barwin +7.75. Added Smith, Jeffery and Wormack. It does not compute!

Just plain AWESOME !!!!! :-D I don't know what else to say, the Eagles have made great moves 2 yrs in a row, and are not even done this yr... tough division or not, I think the Eagles are primed for post season play.(need some CBs though)

A bit early to talk about post season.I just hope we are competitive

So I wanted Kenny Britt and Torrey Smith because I thought there as no way we were going to land Jeffery, but I will take Jeffery every day of the week over Britt. I love that the defense will experience organic growth from the draft. We have some established players on that side of the ball.

A number of us wanted Warmak. I like the Jeffery signing mainly because with a 1 year contract he's betting on himself. Highly motivated to produce.

As for Smith there was only 1 WR rated lower than him last year by PFF. And yeah we have him too. He dropped 6 of 26 catchable balls.Of course Smith didn't have a QB to get it to him so i'll cut him some slack.

Yeah Warmack was a nice sign.A 1 year,but if it works will pay the man lol

I'm trying to figure out the cap - no sites updated yet. Thought we entered the day w/ 6.5. Cut Barwin +7.75. Added Smith, Jeffery and Wormack. It does not compute!

Someone else has to go

Ross-fastest draft bust ever lol.Lots better IMO like Zay Jones,Godwin,Taywan Taylor,Isaiah Ford.Ross very overrated IMO

it will,more cuts coming

Wow!  Got some weapons!  SF had NOTHING going the last two seasons so I give Smith a pass on his production.  I've always felt like he could be really good as a #2.  Jeffry is going to give Wentz a lot of confidence.  (Not that he is unconfident)Basically we can field 5 dangerous receivers at any time.  On paper, a huge improvement.   Warmack could be a huge acquisition.  Very exciting......Kudos to Howie!  Go Birds!!!!!!!!!

With Jeffrey, Smith, Matthews, Agholor doubtfully improving, and maybe a late round pickup - I think the WRs are FINALLY looking solid.  When was the last time you could say that?  Back in the days of Jackson, Maclin, and Avant?

What do we do in the draft now?  I was purely in the trade up to get Corey Davis camp prior to today, but now I am definitely leaning towards a first round RB.  McCaffrey would be such a huge weapon in this offense.  He's not the lead back that lots of people have been asking for, but Pederson loves flexible weapons that he can move all over the offense and McCaffrey is exactly that.  How crazy would an offense look with Jeffrey on one side Matthews on the other and Sproles and McCaffrey in the backfield.  How the heck would you gameplan for that?

Late round WR? Early and late - Alshon is 1 yr and we need to develop thru the draft. All we did is buy some time to get new guys ready and get rid of some underperforming dead wood.  FA CB's have been the bain of our secondary, we'll go heavy there as well. Pass rush, LB and RB to finish us out. Glad we fortified the OL, wish we could do that thru the draft as well, don't see it until next yr.

Late round WR? Early and late - Alshon is 1 yr and we need to develop thru the draft. All we did is buy some time to get new guys ready and get rid of some underperforming dead wood.  FA CB's have been the bain of our secondary, we'll go heavy there as well. Pass rush, LB and RB to finish us out. Glad we fortified the OL, wish we could do that thru the draft as well, don't see it until next yr.

Godwin in round 3 works for me lol

right now it wouldn't surprise me if the Eags went CB 1 & 2

With Jeffrey, Smith, Matthews, Agholor doubtfully improving, and maybe a late round pickup - I think the WRs are FINALLY looking solid.  When was the last time you could say that?  Back in the days of Jackson, Maclin, and Avant?

What do we do in the draft now?  I was purely in the trade up to get Corey Davis camp prior to today, but now I am definitely leaning towards a first round RB.  McCaffrey would be such a huge weapon in this offense.  He's not the lead back that lots of people have been asking for, but Pederson loves flexible weapons that he can move all over the offense and McCaffrey is exactly that.  How crazy would an offense look with Jeffrey on one side Matthews on the other and Sproles and McCaffrey in the backfield.  How the heck would you gameplan for that?

Torrey outside,JMatt is a slot receiver

Thank you Philadelphia from the bottom of my heart for welcoming me and for being the amazing city you are. Laura and I want to thank Jeffrey Lurie, the entire Eagles organization, and all the fans for their support. It has been an honor and a privilege to play for this historic franchise.

The Make The World Better Foundation, will continue it's work to revitalize parks in the city. Our current projects at Smith Playground and Waterloo Playground are moving forward and very exciting. I hope to see many of you at our concert this year.I have learned from and cherish every experience I have had in the great city of Philadelphia and every snap I played as an Eagle. From the Lurie's, to my coaches, teammates, mtwb partners, and fellow septa riders thank you!

Go Philly, Go Eagles . . . hope to see you in the playoffs!
Connor Barwin

Thank you Philadelphia from the bottom of my heart for welcoming me and for being the amazing city you are. Laura and I want to thank Jeffrey Lurie, the entire Eagles organization, and all the fans for their support. It has been an honor and a privilege to play for this historic franchise.

The Make The World Better Foundation, will continue it's work to revitalize parks in the city. Our current projects at Smith Playground and Waterloo Playground are moving forward and very exciting. I hope to see many of you at our concert this year.I have learned from and cherish every experience I have had in the great city of Philadelphia and every snap I played as an Eagle. From the Lurie's, to my coaches, teammates, mtwb partners, and fellow septa riders thank you!

Go Philly, Go Eagles . . . hope to see you in the playoffs!
Connor Barwin

Class all the way.Terrific guy!!!