Sign in to follow this  
Boss Hawg

OFFICIAL: Redskins Sign Terrelle Pryor Sr. - 1YR/$8M

16 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Unreal. I can't believe that Pryor wasn't offered anything better.

I hear from browns fans he had a lot of drops and his route running needs work. A one year deal might be best for him. Playing in a better offense with a better QB could land him a major contract in 2018 if he improves. 

Think there is no chance he remains a Redskin after this season, whether Kirk stays or not. 

46 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

my understanding its like 3 million base and very incentive base .  His agent seems like screwed the pooch as Browns offered  a multi year 24 million .  He only had 4 TDs last year and was the main target for the year as a brown .  

I'll be honest... I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little disappointed. Not because we went out and got Jeffrey because talent wise that's such a great move for us. Not because I think Washington have gotten the better deal as that isn't true either. But because I'm a huge Pryor fan so 1) I now have to dislike him as he's part of that disgraceful franchise and 2) let's make no mistake, Washington have just signed a hugely talented guy who's going to help their QB!

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'll be honest... I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little disappointed. Not because we went out and got Jeffrey because talent wise that's such a great move for us. Not because I think Washington have gotten the better deal as that isn't true either. But because I'm a huge Pryor fan so 1) I now have to dislike him as he's part of that disgraceful franchise and 2) let's make no mistake, Washington have just signed a hugely talented guy who's going to help their QB!

lol, yea, if the Skins were smart and wanted to get back at cousins, they should just sign some jags that hurts Cousins stats to impede his next contract next year.

Desperate + Copycat on the contract + no QB = priceless

The receiving talent in this division is unreal. On the flip side, there's only one top flight RB. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

The receiving talent in this division is unreal. On the flip side, there's only one top flight RB. 

True. Potentially more from a rich draft. 

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No offense, but that's dumb thinking. I like players on other teams. Including NFC East teams. I was pulling for Pryor to get a decent contract, but he only has one real year of being a wide receiver under his belt.

I'll still pull for him that he plays well and he goes somewhere else or stays and makes the money he deserves. I wanted him more than Jeffery before free agency started, not by much.

10 minutes ago, Boss Hawg said:

No offense, but that's dumb thinking. I like players on other teams. Including NFC East teams. I was pulling for Pryor to get a decent contract, but he only has one real year of being a wide receiver under his belt.

I'll still pull for him that he plays well and he goes somewhere else or stays and makes the money he deserves. I wanted him more than Jeffery before free agency started, not by much.

I dont like Pryor .... I think its messed up he walked on the Browns . They basically saved his career and let him play WR .  Not sure how many other teams would of done that  or would be able to do that .  I think karma is going to come bite him in the butt .  Seriously though how does he think he is worth 15m a year ?  He would have do it a couple more years to prove that .... he will be 28 at start of the season so he is already getting close to when WRs  money is starting to go lower .  His stats on paper looked ok   but he was really the only target for awhile ... He only had  4 dam Tds , so he got paid 2m  per a TD .  

23 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

No doubt.

Darren Sproles is awesome. Good to see you recognize greatness.

14 hours ago, Hey Suess said:

No doubt.

Darren Sproles is awesome. Good to see you recognize greatness.

Have to go Elliot on this one.

23 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

I dont like Pryor .... I think its messed up he walked on the Browns . They basically saved his career and let him play WR .  Not sure how many other teams would of done that  or would be able to do that .  I think karma is going to come bite him in the butt .  Seriously though how does he think he is worth 15m a year ?  He would have do it a couple more years to prove that .... he will be 28 at start of the season so he is already getting close to when WRs  money is starting to go lower .  His stats on paper looked ok   but he was really the only target for awhile ... He only had  4 dam Tds , so he got paid 2m  per a TD .  

I don't understand this thinking. Pryor should've given the Browns favoritism, but someone like Cousins shouldn't? You could say, after Cousins had the worst TD/INT ratio in the league, that Jay Gruden saved his career as a starting-caliber QB and he should be thankful to the team for that. But that isn't realistic, nor is it the value he's worth on the FA market. 

The same is for Pryor. He had a season that statistically mirrors the one Pierre Garçon had, and Garçon is getting 16 mil next season. And you can argue, being younger, faster, and more athletic, that Pryor has much higher upside. 

It's not messed up that he walked on the Browns. It's messed up the Browns thought he could be retained for peanuts. Now he'll get to prove his worth in a better offense, with a better QB( for one season), and have a better chance to sign a LTD somewhere. 

1 hour ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

I don't understand this thinking. Pryor should've given the Browns favoritism, but someone like Cousins shouldn't? You could say, after Cousins had the worst TD/INT ratio in the league, that Jay Gruden saved his career as a starting-caliber QB and he should be thankful to the team for that. But that isn't realistic, nor is it the value he's worth on the FA market. 

The same is for Pryor. He had a season that statistically mirrors the one Pierre Garçon had, and Garçon is getting 16 mil next season. And you can argue, being younger, faster, and more athletic, that Pryor has much higher upside. 

It's not messed up that he walked on the Browns. It's messed up the Browns thought he could be retained for peanuts. Now he'll get to prove his worth in a better offense, with a better QB( for one season), and have a better chance to sign a LTD somewhere. 

@NIBGoldenchild

Pryors stats are not all that great ... I would not expect a Skins fan to understand or be able to see why .  With all the injuries on the team including there stud rookie WR , he was getting a lot of targets .  With the browns record and getting the piss knocked out of them .... most the stats were garbage time  even more showing 4 TDs 

10 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

@NIBGoldenchild

Pryors stats are not all that great ... I would not expect a Skins fan to understand or be able to see why .  With all the injuries on the team including there stud rookie WR , he was getting a lot of targets .  With the browns record and getting the piss knocked out of them .... most the stats were garbage time  even more showing 4 TDs 

Your wack insults ring hollow when you have the football knowledge of a tadpole. Kick rocks with your fake a** superiority complex. You are no better than Skins fans. We have more championships than you, and very recently curb stomped the piss out of your team. To have the gall to act like you know anything about football, or me, is hilarious. 

Furthermore, Pryor's stats are almost exactly what Pierre Garcon's stats were. I actually watched some of their games, including the one against us. He is a good WR, raw due to inexperience, but your pathetic attempts to diminish him as a player and this signing are transparent. 

47 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Your wack insults ring hollow when you have the football knowledge of a tadpole. Kick rocks with your fake a** superiority complex. You are no better than Skins fans. We have more championships than you, and very recently curb stomped the piss out of your team. To have the gall to act like you know anything about football, or me, is hilarious. 

Furthermore, Pryor's stats are almost exactly what Pierre Garcon's stats were. I actually watched some of their games, including the one against us. He is a good WR, raw due to inexperience, but your pathetic attempts to diminish him as a player and this signing are transparent. 

So you think a guy that has been a QB most his career  and has only played WR for 10 months at the highest level ... is better then gusy that have been doing it for a lot longer and were drafted for it .  Do you understand what Garbage time stats are ?  Pryor's stats are filled with them  and dont tell the whole story .   You curb stomped us yes .... I already said that and even gave you the reasons why .  Not my fault you cant comprehend things very well . Congrats on your superior just above .500 team  which no surprise is a hot mess yet again this year  

Is it possible the Redskins signed him to play QB? This could be brilliant: They got an insanely talented, but raw, WR. And somebody that can challenge at QB... Then again, it's the Redskins.

On 3/10/2017 at 9:08 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Ehh, I wouldn't call Smallwood "top flight" just yet... give him some more time

:ph34r:

12 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

So you think a guy that has been a QB most his career  and has only played WR for 10 months at the highest level ... is better then gusy that have been doing it for a lot longer and were drafted for it .  Do you understand what Garbage time stats are ?  Pryor's stats are filled with them  and dont tell the whole story 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/14851/terrelle-pryor-sr

Is the second quarter garbage time? Facts don't seem to agree with you. He has more catches, yards and touchdowns in the second than any other quarter. And yes, he is better than most WRs who've been drafted for this position and have been doing it longer. This is obvious by his measurables, his superior talent and size, and by watching the damn games. Which clearly, you haven't. 

I am not saying he is like a TOP 5 WR or anything like that. You tend to exaggerate counter arguments in order to make yours seem remotely logical, so let's just shut that nonsense down now. He needs to get better at route running and not drop as many balls. But he fulfills a role we needed, and we can look at other positions that need to be filled. Who is looking at those positions is still an issue...

11 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/14851/terrelle-pryor-sr

Is the second quarter garbage time? Facts don't seem to agree with you. He has more catches, yards and touchdowns in the second than any other quarter. And yes, he is better than most WRs who've been drafted for this position and have been doing it longer. This is obvious by his measurables, his superior talent and size, and by watching the damn games. Which clearly, you haven't. 

I am not saying he is like a TOP 5 WR or anything like that. You tend to exaggerate counter arguments in order to make yours seem remotely logical, so let's just shut that nonsense down now. He needs to get better at route running and not drop as many balls. But he fulfills a role we needed, and we can look at other positions that need to be filled. Who is looking at those positions is still an issue...

is . He has a lot of work to do  and needs to do it for more then 1 year .   As of right now I dont think he replaces Garcon or Djax ... they say he is a better RZ target but only has 4 TDs .  He is a diamond in the rough that needs polishing .    Also what do you expect .... this is not Extreme Thin Skins  its Philadelphia Ealges MB . If you want to fluff up FA's / players  and trades go there 

On 3/10/2017 at 4:39 PM, vincent_NJG said:

He has played the WR position for 16 games of his entire high school, college, professional career. This time last year he was a third string QB. He also wasn't the most well liked guy by his teammates. There have been quite a few that have criticized him, his attitude, his lack of passion. This is what Brian Hartline said about Pryor in December: 

"If I'm building a team, what is [Pryor]?" Hartline asked during an appearance on Columbus radio station 105.7 The Zone. "Is he my No. 1? God, I hope not because let's put it this way: For me, I want a guy day in and day out I know what I'm getting. You don't know what you're going to get. You don't know who's going to show up. You don't know if he's going to get in trouble. You don't know if he's going to smart off. I need stability. That's so much more important to me.

"I need a guy that runs routes. I need stability. I need constant production. Is he a No. 2? OK, yeah. I mean maybe. He kind of disappeared the last couple weeks. So I'm very apprehensive as a Cleveland Browns guy to give out a contract. Listen, you had one year. You're a flash in the pan. You're trying to tell me with a guy that had suspect personality characteristics, I'm going to go ahead and hand you a bunch of money but you're going to work harder? Uh, I think I'm going to bet against that if I'm a betting man."

OK then. Hartline joins a growing chorus of Pryor Deniers. Adam Jones dismissed Pryor's abilities as a wide receiver in the lead up to their Week 14 matchup, then literally trashed the Browns' leading receiver after the game.

Giants corner Janoris Jenkins likewise ripped Pryor both before and after their matchup. And don't forget Vikings guard Alex Boone, who said this summer of his experience with Pryor at Ohio State: "I hated everything about him."

7 hours ago, toolg said:

Is it possible the Redskins signed him to play QB? This could be brilliant: They got an insanely talented, but raw, WR. And somebody that can challenge at QB... Then again, it's the Redskins.

Challenge at QB? 

69.3 QB rating, 56.6 comp %, 9td/12int, 8 fumbles as a starter

40 minutes ago, Jason1978 said:

He has played the WR position for 16 games of his entire high school, college, professional career. This time last year he was a third string QB. He also wasn't the most well liked guy by his teammates. There have been quite a few that have criticized him, his attitude, his lack of passion. This is what Brian Hartline said about Pryor in December: 

Dont let Skins fans see that ... wait nevermind they believe what they want to anyway .  Guy was giving a nice offer by the team that helped him and gave him time to do so . He instead in his own mind thought he could do better .  So whats he do ?  He goes to the only Team thats is more dysfunctional then the Browns .  I have a feeling he will lose big money not being able to replicate his 1k yards and 4 TDs :D   he is taking more of a risk with a injury 

lolskins.png.63ad945401b5dc22abb3d78ae56c6d4f.png