Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Stoutland Thrilled With State Of O-Line

Jeff Stoutland is in a really, really happy mood. He’s looking up at the depth chart of his Eagles offensive line and you know what he sees? He sees depth. He sees competition. He sees a chance to have something very special up front for the team’s offense in 2017 ...

View the full article

Learn from our mistakes. Nice additions to OL. A young Warmack who I want to do really well and realize he's better off staying here w/ Stoutland. Consistently replenish both lines and develop thru the draft when possible.

S(t)inking cowpies
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/11/doug-free-retiring-another-hit-for-cowboys-offensive-line/

Now we have FOUR guys to compete at LG...can we please start looking at CB, RB and DL?!

Now we have FOUR guys to compete at LG...can we please start looking at CB, RB and DL?!

Gotta have BU's or we run into the same problems we always have!!

14 minutes ago, bgboy said:

gotta have em, but right now we have not starting CB....at this point we would have to outscore people 40-30

Not sure who our starting guards will be--that's a good sign. As I wrote on these threads in early 2016, our O-L won't be a top NFL line until we can't guess who the starting lineup will be heading into the pre-season. It looks like we've reached that point. All that remains now is to find Jason Peter's eventual replacement at OT--hopefully, Taylor Hart will work out in a big way, +/or draft a promising prospect in 2017, or possibly Vaitai.

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  24 minutes ago, bgboy said:

gotta have em, but right now we have not starting CB....at this point we would have to outscore people 40-30

Well we're getting the offense to do that

Not sure who our starting guards will be--that's a good sign. As I wrote on these threads in early 2016, our O-L won't be a top NFL line until we can't guess who the starting lineup will be heading into the pre-season. It looks like we've reached that point. All that remains now is to find Jason Peter's eventual replacement at OT--hopefully, Taylor Hart will work out in a big way, +/or draft a promising prospect in 2017, or possibly Vaitai.

yeah looks like Brooks has it at LG,so Wis and Warmack should compete for RG

Yeah I'd like to take one this draft,just for the depth

Guys like Humphrey/Awuzie/Kazee we could get through the various rounds,so 3 is a definite possibility in my view

Guys like Humphrey/Awuzie/Kazee we could get through the various rounds,so 3 is a definite possibility in my view

(that would be like rounds 1,3,4)

36 minutes ago, bgboy said:

Right now, the Eagles have 17 O-Lineman on their roster, a lot of time between now and TC, it's unlikely the Eagles keep them all, you usually only have about 10 or 11 on the roster at the start of the season.

24 minutes ago, bgboy said:

Pump the brakes. Mills is a starting caliber CB and it's not like the Eagles will go into TC without addressing the position further. They will draft a few CB's, relax.

Also we have players we need to see more of to know what we have,WR's like Bailey,DT's Shittu and Destiny V,so we may be ok there if the FO feels they are progressing