Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Stoutland Thrilled With State Of O-Line

Recommended Posts

@greenbleedin- also want to see what Terrell Watson can do after a full off season and camp with this team. he looked like a guy with potential and chip on his shoulder in that dallas game. he may be the FB we don't need in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Washington CB Sidney Jones, consensus first-round NFL draft prospect, leaves pro day on a cart after suffering apparent left leg injury.

Depending on the severity of the injury he could really fall even if it is an ACL I would take him in the 3rd it would be like getting an extra 1st Rd pick next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure who our starting guards will be--that's a good sign. As I wrote on these threads in early 2016, our O-L won't be a top NFL line until we can't guess who the starting lineup will be heading into the pre-season. It looks like we've reached that point. All that remains now is to find Jason Peter's eventual replacement at OT--hopefully, Taylor Hart will work out in a big way, +/or draft a promising prospect in 2017, or possibly Vaitai.

We need to find Johnson replacement not Peters. Johnson is Peters replacement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

3 CB's,WR,RB,DE,OT,maybe add a FB late

need to add a LB more than a FB

Would not panic there either,we have guys we don't know what they can bring and remember the one we were high on was hurt last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  43 minutes ago, MrSimpson said:

Not sure who our starting guards will be--that's a good sign. As I wrote on these threads in early 2016, our O-L won't be a top NFL line until we can't guess who the starting lineup will be heading into the pre-season. It looks like we've reached that point. All that remains now is to find Jason Peter's eventual replacement at OT--hopefully, Taylor Hart will work out in a big way, +/or draft a promising prospect in 2017, or possibly Vaitai.

yeah looks like Brooks has it at LG,so Wis and Warmack should compete for RG

Or just keeo Brooks at RG n Warmack can compete at his original All American position at LG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Daniel goes we will need a BU QB more than a LB.So the merry-go round-continues.We should be able to fill alot of holes in this draft,although not all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  38 minutes ago, MrSimpson said:

Not sure who our starting guards will be--that's a good sign. As I wrote on these threads in early 2016, our O-L won't be a top NFL line until we can't guess who the starting lineup will be heading into the pre-season. It looks like we've reached that point. All that remains now is to find Jason Peter's eventual replacement at OT--hopefully, Taylor Hart will work out in a big way, +/or draft a promising prospect in 2017, or possibly Vaitai.

yeah looks like Brooks has it at LG,so Wis and Warmack should compete for RG

Or just keeo Brooks at RG n Warmack can compete at his original All American position at LG

Possible,we don't know yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@greenbleedin- also want to see what Terrell Watson can do after a full off season and camp with this team. he looked like a guy with potential and chip on his shoulder in that dallas game. he may be the FB we don't need in the draft.

And we have FB Bonnet,if he sticks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Depending on the severity of the injury he could really fall even if it is an ACL I would take him in the 3rd it would be like getting an extra 1st Rd pick next year

Yup, he might be there in rounds 3-5. That's why people can't definitively say (insert player here) will be there in the draft, or wont fall etc in late Feb early March, lot of time between now and the draft, anything can happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Or just keeo Brooks at RG n Warmack can compete at his original All American position at LG

Yup, Brooks is the RG, there will be some competition at LG, competition is always good, might even be some competition at OC as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

GBFL... which of the 3 are guarantees to be here next year... Alshon, Smith or Matthews? That's why taking a WR is not out of the question. Smith could be your #1 next year if things don't go your way... gotta look ahead. Still ... no CBs or pass rush. That's why you need to hit with some late picks, UDFAs etc. Or don't force things in one year! Getting the QB last year was the right move for building a franchise. While it might have stunk for the mock drafting, that shouldn't matter.

Joe, I've been saying for 2 days, that signing Smith and Jeffery hasn't changed their draft board, simply because they're both basically here on one year deals, and that the Eagles could still take a WR in the first, or even a TE, then you throw J-Matt into the mix, 2017 is the final year of his rookie deal. But, it's fallen on deaf ear, or in this case, blind eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Just had NFL source (in attendance at Washington pro day) text: "It's a torn Achilles" he was told for CB Sidney Jones. As feared.

Still worth a 3rd in my opinion I had him as my #2 CB in the draft I will take a red shirt year on him and have an elite CB next year to match with another elite CB from this draft and have great CBs for the next 10 years hopefully 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, downwithdallas said:

I will take a red shirt year on him and have an elite CB next year

But at this point, you have no idea how this achillies injury will impact him. I think he could be had a round later or even the 5th round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  20 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Just had NFL source (in attendance at Washington pro day) text: "It's a torn Achilles" he was told for CB Sidney Jones. As feared.

Eeek thats no good. Redshirt rookie season.

Wrang will be miffed,that was his guy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

But at this point, you have no idea how this achillies injury will impact him. I think he could be had a round later or even the 5th round.

I don't look at last year Dallas drafted Jaylon Smith in the early 2nd Mayock has him as his #1 CB 3rd is I think the latest he will go. Smiths knee they didn't know if he could ever play again and he still went in the 2nd rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports out here in Dallas are say Jaylon's nerve has stopped growing. The Cowboys are hopeful, but not encouraged

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, 1st time out in 2 wks from fractured back and you guys went off! Come to think of it, besides FLF are there any other ladies here? Just curious, as bought Howie Longs' book for my lady who didn't know anything about NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Achilles injuries are bad news bears, especially at a position that demands so much from the lower body.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this