DaveSpadaro

[News] Wentz And Foles And The QB Story

The two transactions on Monday, one to start the day and one to end the evening, further define the Eagles’ quarterback picture, one that has taken a full 12 months to take shape. It’s been a "Merry Go Round,” as Howie Roseman puts it, and he’s right: The Eagles have continually addressed the game’s most important position to get it just the way they want it ...

View the full article

If Daniels deal wouldnt have been as big of numbers I think Id rather have kept Daniels, just to give him one more year with Wentz. Doug cant talk to Wentz but Daniels can during the offseason. He could have continued to teach Wentz whatever he could have. I know Wentz is super smart but couldnt have learned all there is in the NFL in just one season full season and one off season. But excited to see this team going forward!

New England Patriots CB Malcolm Butler is meeting with the New Orleans Saints on Thursday, according to Saints head coach Sean Payton.

The Saints were linked to Butler as a potential landing spot during negotiations for WR Brandin Cooks, but Butler did not sign his tender offer, which meant that he was not able to be traded. The Patriots traded for Cooks by giving up their first round selection.

Butler is a restricted free agent under a first round tender, which means that any team that wants to sign Butler away from the Patriots would have to give up their original first round pick to New England, unless the two sides negotiated separate trade terms for when Butler signs his tender.

The Saints currently pick 11th overall, which is an incredibly high price to pay for Butler in addition to his projected top-of-the-market contract. The Patriots might prefer to keep a cornerback of Butler’s talent under a $3.91 million contract in 2017 than negotiate any trade for a midround pick, or even the Patriots original 32nd overall selection- although head coach Bill Belichick would probably be happy to take the 11th overall pick.

Don’t be surprised if Butler is connected to more teams in the coming days. This story is just getting started

Associated Press

It would be just like the Pats - who only have 8 picks in the next 2 drafts - to land a 1st rounder, ugh!

If Daniels deal wouldnt have been as big of numbers I think Id rather have kept Daniels, just to give him one more year with Wentz. Doug cant talk to Wentz but Daniels can during the offseason. He could have continued to teach Wentz whatever he could have. I know Wentz is super smart but couldnt have learned all there is in the NFL in just one season full season and one off season. But excited to see this team going forward!

Not sure what Chase Daniels has left to offer Wentz that Nick Foles couldn't offer. I think Foles is a better backup than Daniels, especially in Philly.

13 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Not sure what Chase Daniels has left to offer Wentz that Nick Foles couldn't offer. I think Foles is a better backup than Daniels, especially in Philly.

Better player sure, but Daniels has spent more time in Doug's offense so there is no way Wentz knows everything that Doug wants to do yet. As for which one if something happens to Wentz then yea Ill take my shot with Foles. 

What you're not considering is that Foles did well w/ Doug. If we can get Foles back on track, showcase it a few times, Foles' trade value would net us more in the long runt han Daniels would. Would have been nice to get something immediately for Chase, the FO has to look at both the long and short range options and plan accordingly.

Daniel ok as a coach thing,but really has little experience PLAYING QB.Foles has been there

It would be just like the Pats - who only have 8 picks in the next 2 drafts - to land a 1st rounder, ugh!

Well if the Patriots did lose Butler to the Saints for their 11th pick we would know we have some more competition for a #1 cornerback with that 11th pick. I have read some past rumors hinting the Patriots are interested in JMatt. The only thing that would make some kind of sense to me is if he was traded to NE for Butler. I can't see him going there for any other player. What other player do you think the Eagles could be interested in if it wasn't Butler? Maybe we bring Dion Lewis back. LOL

New England Patriots CB Malcolm Butler is meeting with the New Orleans Saints on Thursday, according to Saints head coach Sean Payton.

The Saints were linked to Butler as a potential landing spot during negotiations for WR Brandin Cooks, but Butler did not sign his tender offer, which meant that he was not able to be traded. The Patriots traded for Cooks by giving up their first round selection.

Butler is a restricted free agent under a first round tender, which means that any team that wants to sign Butler away from the Patriots would have to give up their original first round pick to New England, unless the two sides negotiated separate trade terms for when Butler signs his tender.

The Saints currently pick 11th overall, which is an incredibly high price to pay for Butler in addition to his projected top-of-the-market contract. The Patriots might prefer to keep a cornerback of Butler’s talent under a $3.91 million contract in 2017 than negotiate any trade for a midround pick, or even the Patriots original 32nd overall selection- although head coach Bill Belichick would probably be happy to take the 11th overall pick.

Don’t be surprised if Butler is connected to more teams in the coming days. This story is just getting started

Associated Press

Suspect the Saints/Cards will snag Davis/Williams,which leads me to believe we will get a WR later because we have no choice

44 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Associated Press

Suspect the Saints/Cards will snag Davis/Williams,which leads me to believe we will get a WR later because we have no choice

IMO Saints priority will be at WR.Lots of "good enough" CB's in this draft.They need to replace Cooks

Doug's and Andy's systems are pretty much the same. So whatever Chase was mentoring Carson on, with Nick having just spent a full season back with Andy I think we can safely think that he will be able to pick up where Chase left off. If there is anything left that he needs to know.

The thing that some are missing here is that Nick has proven game winning stats, something that Daniel lacked. If he had that in his favor than there would have been no need to move on from him.

The scare of a their starter going down is always at the forefront of every teams motivation when they make moves such as this one.

I think some fans only want to remember Nick's season with the Rams. And that he got benched. But they over look the fact that before they benched him he had won them a few games. And against play off teams of the previous season,

I for one am glad he is back. because I believe as the Eagles do that he gives them a bit more security with his experience and record than what Chase gave them in the BACK UP role

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

Associated Press

IMO Saints priority will be at WR.Lots of "good enough" CB's in this draft.They need to replace Cooks

I believe the Cards will be interested in a WR but not sure about the Saints. If they take a WR first then why did they trade a WR who gave them 1100 yards in back to back seasons? Do you think Williams or Davis will give them more production than that? I read that the Saints are satisfied with their offense and want to shore up their defense. The last mock that I saw has them taking either Foster or Barnett, whichever player falls to them.

So disappointed in this board. How many years of watching football is combined here? So much knowledge....LOST. What are you thinking? Get your head out of your collective a77es. Three people came out on the last thread and suggested we just cut RMat when possible and we are good at RB. No one challenged this? Seriously! We are far from good at RB. Sproles only works in a complimentary role, better when he catches you off guard. Smallwood did ok with limited work and then got injured. Marshall is practice squad material(sorry to burst somes bubble). Watson could be a good compliment to smaller backs. I'm not building my offense around him though. I'm hopeful but many here have gone beyond hopeful...

45 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  49 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Associated Press

I believe the Cards will be interested in a WR but not sure about the Saints. If they take a WR first then why did they trade a WR who gave them 1100 yards in back to back seasons? Do you think Williams or Davis will give them more production than that? I read that the Saints are satisfied with their offense and want to shore up their defense. The last mock that I saw has them taking either Foster or Barnett, whichever player falls to them.

Cheaper? I don't know what Cooks contract was

30 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  53 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  57 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Associated Press

You also have to remember that the Cards lost pro bowl DT Calais Campbell to the Jags in free agency and S Tony Jefferson to the Ravens. That puts DE Derek Barnett and S Desmond King into play for them as well. Should get interesting.

15 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  38 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Associated Press

You also have to remember that the Cards lost pro bowl DT Calais Campbell to the Jags in free agency and S Tony Jefferson to the Ravens. That puts DE Derek Barnett and S Desmond King into play for them as well. Should get interesting.

For sure,should be alot of first round jockeying around

So disappointed in this board. How many years of watching football is combined here? So much knowledge....LOST. What are you thinking? Get your head out of your collective a77es. Three people came out on the last thread and suggested we just cut RMat when possible and we are good at RB. No one challenged this? Seriously! We are far from good at RB. Sproles only works in a complimentary role, better when he catches you off guard. Smallwood did ok with limited work and then got injured. Marshall is practice squad material(sorry to burst somes bubble). Watson could be a good compliment to smaller backs. I'm not building my offense around him though. I'm hopeful but many here have gone beyond hopeful...

I'm fine with losing RMat.Save some loot as well,and despite our other needs,I would like a RB like Perine/Gallman in round 4

Actually would love to have Caff in here,but we'd have to take him at 14 and he would be gone by 43 IMO,SOOOOOO,,,

1 hour ago, forevereagles said:

The thing that some are missing here is that Nick has proven game winning stats, something that Daniel lacked. If he had that in his favor than there would have been no need to move on from him.

Chase is going to get at least a shot at starting duties somewhere. Foles wasn't. Chase asked for release.