DaveSpadaro

[News] Wentz And Foles And The QB Story

Ryan Mathews is likely going to be cut, aside from Eddie Lacy and Andre Ellington, the rest of the FA RB market are still looking for teams. Mathews is a great back, but he can't stay healthy. Having said that, they wont just go into TC with what's on the roster, they'll add a RB in the draft, maybe two with an UDFA pick up. 

So disappointed in this board. How many years of watching football is combined here? So much knowledge....LOST. What are you thinking? Get your head out of your collective a77es. Three people came out on the last thread and suggested we just cut RMat when possible and we are good at RB. No one challenged this? Seriously! We are far from good at RB. Sproles only works in a complimentary role, better when he catches you off guard. Smallwood did ok with limited work and then got injured. Marshall is practice squad material(sorry to burst somes bubble). Watson could be a good compliment to smaller backs. I'm not building my offense around him though. I'm hopeful but many here have gone beyond hopeful...

LMAO, When I suggested that the Eagles take Cook with pick 14 most folks said the Eagles wouldn't consider taking a RB that high. I am the type of guy that believes in rebuilding an offense from the inside out as I have previously stated. 1. Get your franchise QB. 2. Get a great offensive line to protect your QB 3. Get a great RB to take the pressure off your young QB. 4. Get two great TE's to help block and catch short yardage passes to keep the chains moving. 5. Get two good receivers. It appears we have have our franchise QB and a good O-line. It also appears we have two good TE's although O.J. Howard would make them even better. It also appears for the present time that our current WR's should have what it takes to get the job done. RB Cook should seal the deal if the opportunity is there to take him. The defense is another matter altogether. If the Eagles don't take a defensive player first I am afraid Jim Schwartz will go off the deep end!

So disappointed in this board. How many years of watching football is combined here? So much knowledge....LOST. What are you thinking? Get your head out of your collective a77es. Three people came out on the last thread and suggested we just cut RMat when possible and we are good at RB. No one challenged this? Seriously! We are far from good at RB. Sproles only works in a complimentary role, better when he catches you off guard. Smallwood did ok with limited work and then got injured. Marshall is practice squad material(sorry to burst somes bubble). Watson could be a good compliment to smaller backs. I'm not building my offense around him though. I'm hopeful but many here have gone beyond hopeful...

Haha those a77es👎

Ryan Mathews is likely going to be cut, aside from Eddie Lacy and Andre Ellington, the rest of the FA RB market are still looking for teams. Mathews is a great back, but he can't stay healthy. Having said that, they wont just go into TC with what's on the roster, they'll add a RB in the draft, maybe two with an UDFA pick up. 

yeah,I'd like to get DeVeon Smith as a UDFA,but he'd be a project for later

I would look at Ellington-JMO-versatile!

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Eagles are far from good at RB but Rmat is not the answer....Best bet is to draft a guy and a good starter can be found in the mid-rounds in this draft IMO....

4 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I would look at Ellington-JMO-versatile!

Or did he sign already?

28 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ham, I like to sit back and read what some people post as much as possible, that way, I know exactly how full of ish they are before engaging in conversation.

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Or did he sign already?

Ellington re-signed with the Cardinals.

36 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ham, I like to sit back and read what some people post as much as possible, that way, I know exactly how full of ish they are before engaging in conversation.

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Or did he sign already?

Ellington re-signed with the Cardinals.

thx

Rumors are now the Eagles are trying to trade one of our WRs Jmatt(which isn't new news) or AG guess possibly DGB.....Kendricks/Kelce are still part of trade rumors....Also Malcolm Jenkins which I am not a fan of at all if they are true 

36 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

LMAO, When I suggested that the Eagles take Cook with pick 14 most folks said the Eagles wouldn't consider taking a RB that high. I am the type of guy that believes in rebuilding an offense from the inside out as I have previously stated. 1. Get your franchise QB. 2. Get a great offensive line to protect your QB 3. Get a great RB to take the pressure off your young QB. 4. Get two great TE's to help block and catch short yardage passes to keep the chains moving. 5. Get two good receivers. It appears we have have our franchise QB and a good O-line. It also appears we have two good TE's although O.J. Howard would make them even better. It also appears for the present time that our current WR's should have what it takes to get the job done. RB Cook should seal the deal if the opportunity is there to take him. The defense is another matter altogether. If the Eagles don't take a defensive player first I am afraid Jim Schwartz will go off the deep end!

yeah great theory however we aren't gonna get all that in 1 year and as I thought we would get a WR and a CB in FA we ended up with 2 WR's.Problem is can we keep them after this year? I believe we could,but that means we really need 2 maybe 3 CB's in this draft,which is fine,it's a deep class,but also to take a little pressure off the starting rook CB,I would like a pressure DE drafted(maybe 2 of those also),which leaves only a few picks for RB and WR.Gonna also be tough to replace Sproles

7 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Also Malcolm Jenkins

This was to the Saints for Cooks, that's obviously dead.

Rumors are now the Eagles are trying to trade one of our WRs Jmatt(which isn't new news) or AG guess possibly DGB.....Kendricks/Kelce are still part of trade rumors....Also Malcolm Jenkins which I am not a fan of at all if they are true 

We can use all the picks we can get

Just now, Don Corleone said:

This was to the Saints for Cooks, that's obviously dead.

If he is on the market once means he could still be available no.....Maybe it is nothing hence why I said rumor but the media will run....

21 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

The eagles don't have to take a RB in the first round, in order to upgrade the Rb position. They can get a great RB, not named Fournette or Cook in the later rounds of this year's draft. I can name them if you'd like.

If I don't allow you to answer "neither" to this question, Which player at this point in their careers would you rather have on your team? Ryan Mathews 29 or Jamaal Charles 30?

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

The eagles don't have to take a RB in the first round, in order to upgrade the Rb position. They can get a great RB, not named Fournette or Cook in the later rounds of this year's draft. I can name them if you'd like.

Howie called this RB draft class historically good so I 100% agree with you mid rounds could land us a great starter 

If I don't allow you to answer "neither" to this question, Which player at this point in their careers would you rather have on your team? Ryan Mathews 29 or Jamaal Charles 30?

Charles

Just now, 1wrangler said:

For your hypothetical question Jamaal Charles sure his injuries are a concern but when he is healthy he produces big numbers way better then Rmat..... But would take neither right now might keep Charles in my back pocket if he is still available during pre-season and we need help still at RB  

26 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

I think Caff would be perfect here,but like I said don't see him waiting until pick 43,so I have no clue what we're gonna do

3 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

A 30 year old back with multiple knee surgeries, or a 29 year old back coming off a severe neck injury? Yeah, sorry, but my answer is neither.

26 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

If we are De"Caff" inated(lol),then Perine,Hunt or Gallman works for me

Perine, Hunt, Gallman, Kamara, J. Williams Utah, J. Williams BYU, McNichols, Foreman (but he fumbles too much,) Conner.