DaveSpadaro

[News] Wentz And Foles And The QB Story

I'm thinking(always dangerous) 3 CB's,2 DE's a RB a WR and 1 whatever(TE maybe)

Or 2 RB's a dozer and a scat

Next year's Rb class looks to be pretty decent as well, with guys like Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Bo Scarbrough and Saquon Barkley, leading the way, that is, provided they stay healthy, this upcoming season.

Well we COULD keep RMat,use him early on,get Smalls more involved as the season goes on,get a Sproles type this year and Freeman next.I dunno what the FO has in mind

Thought Smith had a pretty good combine.

yeah,why he seems to have moved from UDFA to a 7th pick.Could always go higher I suppose

CBS now has Mike Williams as the 3rd best WR in the class, behind Ross 2nd and Davis 1st, with Davis listed as the 15th best player in the draft. He's shot up 25 spots, that's without participating in the Senior Bowl, Combine and his Pro Day. Tape doesn't lie.

25 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  36 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Of course DC, I was just stating that I wouldn't be against taking Cook in round one. As far as trading JMatt, I wouldn't give him away but if I could get a good LB,DE or CB for his services he is gone. I still believe there is someone on the current roster that could do a good job at the slot receiver position now that we got a couple better receivers for the outside.

No clue what Treggs would look like in the slot.He's a burner but apparently a slow learner as we didn't give him many plays(and won't this year either unless he can play slot.His speed would be helpful

There are options GB, Beckham is the same size as Jordan. Maybe an inch taller. He could cause problems in the middle of the field. Or how about the good hands people Paul Turner? Wouldn't surprise me if Trey Burton could play slot receiver and Wentz loves throwing to him. If Burton could play the position we could have all 3 TE's on the field together.

Slot spot like you say I believe is covered even if JMatt goes away.Not too worried and now with the 2 outside threats,that would make it easier on whomever

Sure GB, the slot position could be handled by three different players this year with specific packages drawn up for them. I find it hard to believe that we won't get 800 receiving yards out of the position this year no matter who plays the position. I would kind of like not having a 1 player starter at the position. Pederson could design the position for a couple of different players strengths.

1 minute ago, 1wrangler said:

Sure GB, the slot position could be handled by three different players this year with specific packages drawn up for them. I find it hard to believe that we won't get 800 receiving yards out of the position this year no matter who plays the position. I would kind of like not having a 1 player starter at the position. Pederson could design the position for a couple of different players strengths.

Sure if the Eagles moved on from Jmatt thinking we have our eyes set on someone in the draft we think can replace him and be better ie Zay Jones or possibly Cooper Kupp etc. 

28 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:
  31 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Eh those rumors are based off other rumors. Jenkins offered to Saints was bs. So now ooh Jenkins could be had Dolphins should go for him.

Hence why they are rumors not saying they are all true but normally where there is smoke there is some sort of fire.....Not saying anything will happen just trying to keep up with them all 

Sometimes man media just sniff something n go with it. Perfect example was the Fuller trade. That was started from one the guys at T-Law pad. Next thing you know its everywhere. Though he does have posts at Bleacher Report.

Think its also i good reason to have trusted sources on who you listen to.

The reason the rumor took off is because it is logical. If it wasn't logical it wouldn't carry as much weight in the believability factor. Chicago Bears change management and sign two free agent CB's. Former 1st round draft pick falls out of favor due to injuries. No spot to play Fuller now. Chicago rebuilding now and needs extra draft picks or players. Eagles have little cap space and need CB's. Howie Roseman liked Fuller in first round of 2014 draft but couldn't obtain his services because Bears took him at pick 14. We got stuck with Marcus Smith at 26. Bears need defensive linemen and we need CB's.

14 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Sure if the Eagles moved on from Jmatt thinking we have our eyes set on someone in the draft we think can replace him and be better ie Zay Jones or possibly Cooper Kupp etc. 

That is also a possibility BG.

CBS now has Mike Williams as the 3rd best WR in the class, behind Ross 2nd and Davis 1st, with Davis listed as the 15th best player in the draft. He's shot up 25 spots, that's without participating in the Senior Bowl, Combine and his Pro Day. Tape doesn't lie.

I would be satisfied with Davis or Williams though. Not so sure about Ross.

Word is McCaffrey is a round 1 target for the Broncos. Kind of makes sense, his dad played with Elway, he knows the McCaffrey's well.

25 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Kupp too slow-no thanks.I'm thinking we wait on WR.I like Isaiah Ford in round 4

30 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I would be satisfied with Davis or Williams though. Not so sure about Ross.

Not a Ross fan either.Watching him play I was unimpressed.He puts up good combine numbers,but not convinced that translates into NFL talent.

Man I am ready for the NFL draft lol 

No doubt that I am ready as well although I am still interested in free agency too. Want to see who signs Daniels and for how much to see is we get anymore cap money to spend. Also interested in if the Eagles can get a good defensive player for JMatt.

Here's another mock I tried.Land the big guy and still quality at other spots. 1)Fournette-RB(get this OUT OF THE WAY-now we are set at RB for awhile) 2)Tredavious White-CB-LSU(yeah back to back LSU players lol) 3)Tarell Basham-DE-Ohio(U not state) Small school but a guy who can rock and roll 4)Isaiah Ford-WR- Virginia tech 4)Jeremy Sprinkle-TE-Arkansas(good blocking TE who can replace Celek later) 5)Damonte Kazzee-CB-SD state 6)Elijah McGuire-RB(sproles replacement per DC)-UL Laffayette 7)Sefo Lifau-project QB-Colorado

So that would make our backfield Fournette/McGuire with Smalls around to rest Leonard some and since all are young,a trio that would be here awhile

McGuire is taller, though not as fast as Sproles, but can do it all. RB/WR/ST's

yeah was checking him out today and believe you are correct he would be a good Sproles replacement

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

If I don't allow you to answer "neither" to this question, Which player at this point in their careers would you rather have on your team? Ryan Mathews 29 or Jamaal Charles 30?

A 30 year old back with multiple knee surgeries, or a 29 year old back coming off a severe neck injury? Yeah, sorry, but my answer is neither.

LMAO Just remember one thing. The Eagles could release Mathews, sign Charles and still have some cap money left over. And Pederson is a Andy Reid disciple that liked Charles. I wouldn't bet against it for a relatively cheap contract. DC, I can see you turning up your nose from Florida. LOL

57 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Man I am ready for the NFL draft lol 

No doubt that I am ready as well although I am still interested in free agency too. Want to see who signs Daniels and for how much to see is we get anymore cap money to spend. Also interested in if the Eagles can get a good defensive player for JMatt.

Could see a nice LB or OT for depth for him also.We'll see if Howie the magician has more rabbits in his hat