Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Fan Mock Draft: With The 14th Pick ...

The initial wave of free agency is in the books. Teams have filled glaring holes, so now the focus turns toward April's NFL Draft. Each week, we will present a new mock draft scenario and based on...

View the full article

Hello,
I’m been paying attention to what has been happening lately and I’m excited to see what this offensive will do but I don’t hear anything about the lack of quality defensive players versus offensive players.
Hopefully the defense gets address very soon and in a very big way.
It’s like Jim Schwartz is being told "Now Jim, I want you to put up a good fight but before you do so come here for a minute, now put your hands behind your back, handcuffs go on, now go fight and by the way, good luck”
What the F!
I hear people talking about how we should draft another wide receiver. WHAT! You can’t be serious but they are. They are more than fine at wide receiver; they are done this year with wide receiver, Leave it Alone!
The Defense didn’t draft until the 6th round last year and that CB didn’t stick.
Schwartz lost Maxwell, Alonso, Rowe, Logan, Barwin and all these guys will be playing next year and more because there are not that bad. The defense doesn’t even have starters in most areas let alone depth at any position. They need basically everything and they possibly talked to the Saints about possibly trading Jenkins for Cooks? No starting Cornerbacks, Missing a starting Defensive End, Missing a starting Defensive Tackle and I would say they are missing one starting Linebacker.
If I was Jim Schwartz I would consider offers next year to be a head coach or defensive coordinator somewhere else because he has not been given the tools to put up a good fight. If I’m going to be asked to fight, give me a chance to put up a good fight and that is not what I feel he has been given. I think he is one of the best defensive coordinators. I would assume many of the defensive coaches and some elite defensive players must be wondering if they will be given a chance to put up a good fight. I’m talking about fairness between the offensive and the defense. I don’t hear anyone talking about the defense so here I am and Hallelujah for getting a legit starting wide receiver, New England just one the Superbowl without one and his recent crew of wide receivers comes from the lower end of the pile yet they got the job done. There are many things I like about Bill Belichick few coaches can change their defense from year to year according to their strengths, he is adaptable, it’s a must, from game to game to year to year, and he keeps open to other ways of doing things.
It’s like they are getting the shaft and they are not even using oil, it’s just RAW.
This is what needs to get done right now otherwise to me they have been given the shaft.
The Offense is allowed one more free agent signing at running back and-or late in the draft but I’m not sure if they really need it, what they have could work out.
The Offense must cut Peters and Kelce this year and use that money to get as much talent in free agency as they can for the Defense before the draft. The defense gets the first 4 rounds in the draft this year and that should give the defense some competiveness during training camp and then going into the season.
Offensive Line Coach didn’t do well the last year Chip Kelly was here because his lineman basically abandon him; and his main man deserted him. Stoutland may be the smartest and most technically sound offensive line coach but if he can’t get his guys to play hard throughout the game or year what good is he, it might have just happened one year but I can’t forget it even if I wanted too, it just not happening and no one stepped up to man up to it. Peters said man for man they were as good as the cowboys before that crap, what a bunch of BS. People talk about how good Kelce is (not for the first few steps he makes) but after a first few steps or his knowledge or him being a good teammate (he may be the nicest guy on the team), I care about the first few steps and I don’t see the strength. If I was another team I would bull rush him with power the first half to see if I could break him down and then seek to plow through him like butter the second half and if I was successful they would have to do something. I see him as a smart, good teammate with athletic ability but also as a weak link. I want a center that I can count on to pick up that one yard to get that first down when needed, to me Kelce isn’t that player. Peters is a top ten talent and a really good player but it’s about the money and building a team for the future and what he did at the end of Chip Kelly’s time, that shouldn’t be over looked, that is something to me that should have never happened. I don’t want to hear another excuse from Stoutland, maybe he should go back to teaching college football. I’m surprised Stoutland even kept his job after chip got fired. I’m not a big fan of Chip Kelly, I know from his comments and actions he is quite ignorant to what is really going on in this world with stuff that really matters, even though quantum physics proves there is no such thing as matter (that is actually important information to know) anyway he did change the game, which can be seen with teams now throughout the league with some of the play calling, how many coaches can say they did that, not many, even ones who have superbowl rings on their finger can’t say they changed the game like he did, I didn’t like the BS he believed in, Chip has the right to believe in whatever he wants, so do you and I but this fascist system we are headed into wants to take that away from us too, read "brave new world” and "1984” if you want to have a good idea what we are headed into, if the masses don’t wake-up, there is a game going on outside the game of football, don’t lose your peripheral vision (some don’t even know there is an indoctrination system going on). Government comes from the words; Govern – Control then Ment –Mind they are telling you what they are doing BUT YOU DON’T SEE IT! The Judge stands behind the Bench which comes from word Bank. Question everybody and seek the truth. Chip had a creative mind and that is what I liked about him. I feel Stoutland is a very smart and a good friends to his offensive lineman but sometimes nice and smart men are not meant to coach in the NFL. If you accept a job in the NFL, don’t be fake or phony about, be nasty like you are meant to be and enjoy the challenge, it’s a physical sport, and if you are a player and want to be good, you need to direct your focus on what you are doing, lose yourself like in a bubble of concentration-focus, like the famous Jack Nicklaus the professional golfer use to explain, what he did to be great, it’s like being in a bubble of concentration that won’t let anything distracts you from what you are focus on doing or seeking to accomplish. Let me let you in on a secret, you can’t truly be a good person in NFL arena because of the image you are meant to portray to the masses, you are meant to go along with the indoctrination system (majority of people are sheep they just go along having no idea what they are going along with), if anyone who was wise (you have to be wise to do good) then tried to do good there would be consequences for those actions. It’s like there is an unknown contest going on in the world, it’s how smart can I look but know absolutely nothing about anything of real importance, the majority-masses. Researching what I research or seeking the truth trying to find answers to some big questions we should be asking and thinking about, could or would be a considered a distraction for a professional NFL player and it would create problems with any job associate with the NFL if you tried to express other views, like if you explained we don’t need charities with factually evidence to prove your point or prove they have cures for cancer right now that is being kept from the masses. That wouldn’t fit the image your meant to portray, I’m good NFL person because I support cancer research when they have a cure or I’m good NFL person because I support this or that charity when we shouldn’t be any charities. The only reason we have charity because the banking families who control the world want them. So if you play that I’m good NFL person while going along with a lie means you are either ignorant or demonic, I don’t care for either one but if you are nasty good football player that don’t play into that fake and phony crap, you are okay in my book. The occult means hidden and the masses are not being told the truth about anything basically, the truth is not just a little bit different then what majority think, it’s nothing like it all. Back to football and the offensive line, start using the two draft picks from last year and the five other veterans with NFL experience outside of Kelce and Peters. Then see what shakes out by cut time and what is left over from other teams with cuts and fill out the rest. If I was a head coach I would be careful of having coaches working for me that don’t have actual NFL experience, who haven’t seen firsthand the consequences of a head coach getting fired. Stoutland was part of the reason Chip Kelly got fired and so he never dealt with the consequences, I like coaches who know the consequences and had to move on after a head coach got fired; there is a better chance you will get their loyalty over the players when tough decisions need to be made. I don’t trust the hype I hear about him in the press conferences or the media, there could be other reasons for that, I trust what I see on the field. The Jury is still out on Pederson, I wonder if he has got the control or is he being controlled, sometimes you have to make unpopular decisions with letting coaches or players go. Kelce and Peters has got to go for the money that is needed for the defense right now and it’s better for the future too. Yes, I know you won’t find someone as talented as Peters and Kelce isn’t that bad either, maybe some will share a tear with Stoutland for losing his friends but it’s the right move to make at this time. The defense needs the money right now and there is no maybe about it.
Andy Reid was and is a good coach but he never proved his system could be a really good offense but for some reason it proved it could be a really good defense.
It’s just not a system that can win on offense alone or mostly offense it needs to be balanced out.
Right now it’s lopsided.
I believe if we address the defense now (like mentioned above) we could make a run in the playoffs.
Don’t expect Jim Schwartz to pull a magical act if he is not given any tools "iron sharpens iron”. He has got nothing to sharpen anything with right now, it’s RAW.
The offense should be good enough now to put some points on the board.
Truth knowledge and love is needed for all, Michael

If this projected draft is correct then the Eagles should take RB Cook if they go offense or Derek Barnett if they go defense.

If the Eagles are going by the highest grade on their board then it has to be Dalvin Cook. I would go CB here because we need two. DE is also a possiblity at this spot. But Cook has a higher grade according to NFL.com than any avialable CB or DE at 14 based on this mock.

If the Eagles are going by the highest grade on their board then it has to be Dalvin Cook. I would go CB here because we need two. DE is also a possiblity at this spot. But Cook has a higher grade according to NFL.com than any avialable CB or DE at 14 based on this mock.

absolutely I go Cook,then BTB CB's,a DE and go from there

Hello,
I’m been paying attention to what has been happening lately and I’m excited to see what this offensive will do but I don’t hear anything about the lack of quality defensive players versus offensive players.
Hopefully the defense gets address very soon and in a very big way.
It’s like Jim Schwartz is being told "Now Jim, I want you to put up a good fight but before you do so come here for a minute, now put your hands behind your back, handcuffs go on, now go fight and by the way, good luck”
What the F!
I hear people talking about how we should draft another wide receiver. WHAT! You can’t be serious but they are. They are more than fine at wide receiver; they are done this year with wide receiver, Leave it Alone!
The Defense didn’t draft until the 6th round last year and that CB didn’t stick.
Schwartz lost Maxwell, Alonso, Rowe, Logan, Barwin and all these guys will be playing next year and more because there are not that bad. The defense doesn’t even have starters in most areas let alone depth at any position. They need basically everything and they possibly talked to the Saints about possibly trading Jenkins for Cooks? No starting Cornerbacks, Missing a starting Defensive End, Missing a starting Defensive Tackle and I would say they are missing one starting Linebacker.
If I was Jim Schwartz I would consider offers next year to be a head coach or defensive coordinator somewhere else because he has not been given the tools to put up a good fight. If I’m going to be asked to fight, give me a chance to put up a good fight and that is not what I feel he has been given. I think he is one of the best defensive coordinators. I would assume many of the defensive coaches and some elite defensive players must be wondering if they will be given a chance to put up a good fight. I’m talking about fairness between the offensive and the defense. I don’t hear anyone talking about the defense so here I am and Hallelujah for getting a legit starting wide receiver, New England just one the Superbowl without one and his recent crew of wide receivers comes from the lower end of the pile yet they got the job done. There are many things I like about Bill Belichick few coaches can change their defense from year to year according to their strengths, he is adaptable, it’s a must, from game to game to year to year, and he keeps open to other ways of doing things.
It’s like they are getting the shaft and they are not even using oil, it’s just RAW.
This is what needs to get done right now otherwise to me they have been given the shaft.
The Offense is allowed one more free agent signing at running back and-or late in the draft but I’m not sure if they really need it, what they have could work out.
The Offense must cut Peters and Kelce this year and use that money to get as much talent in free agency as they can for the Defense before the draft. The defense gets the first 4 rounds in the draft this year and that should give the defense some competiveness during training camp and then going into the season.
Offensive Line Coach didn’t do well the last year Chip Kelly was here because his lineman basically abandon him; and his main man deserted him. Stoutland may be the smartest and most technically sound offensive line coach but if he can’t get his guys to play hard throughout the game or year what good is he, it might have just happened one year but I can’t forget it even if I wanted too, it just not happening and no one stepped up to man up to it. Peters said man for man they were as good as the cowboys before that crap, what a bunch of BS. People talk about how good Kelce is (not for the first few steps he makes) but after a first few steps or his knowledge or him being a good teammate (he may be the nicest guy on the team), I care about the first few steps and I don’t see the strength. If I was another team I would bull rush him with power the first half to see if I could break him down and then seek to plow through him like butter the second half and if I was successful they would have to do something. I see him as a smart, good teammate with athletic ability but also as a weak link. I want a center that I can count on to pick up that one yard to get that first down when needed, to me Kelce isn’t that player. Peters is a top ten talent and a really good player but it’s about the money and building a team for the future and what he did at the end of Chip Kelly’s time, that shouldn’t be over looked, that is something to me that should have never happened. I don’t want to hear another excuse from Stoutland, maybe he should go back to teaching college football. I’m surprised Stoutland even kept his job after chip got fired. I’m not a big fan of Chip Kelly, I know from his comments and actions he is quite ignorant to what is really going on in this world with stuff that really matters, even though quantum physics proves there is no such thing as matter (that is actually important information to know) anyway he did change the game, which can be seen with teams now throughout the league with some of the play calling, how many coaches can say they did that, not many, even ones who have superbowl rings on their finger can’t say they changed the game like he did, I didn’t like the BS he believed in, Chip has the right to believe in whatever he wants, so do you and I but this fascist system we are headed into wants to take that away from us too, read "brave new world” and "1984” if you want to have a good idea what we are headed into, if the masses don’t wake-up, there is a game going on outside the game of football, don’t lose your peripheral vision (some don’t even know there is an indoctrination system going on). Government comes from the words; Govern – Control then Ment –Mind they are telling you what they are doing BUT YOU DON’T SEE IT! The Judge stands behind the Bench which comes from word Bank. Question everybody and seek the truth. Chip had a creative mind and that is what I liked about him. I feel Stoutland is a very smart and a good friends to his offensive lineman but sometimes nice and smart men are not meant to coach in the NFL. If you accept a job in the NFL, don’t be fake or phony about, be nasty like you are meant to be and enjoy the challenge, it’s a physical sport, and if you are a player and want to be good, you need to direct your focus on what you are doing, lose yourself like in a bubble of concentration-focus, like the famous Jack Nicklaus the professional golfer use to explain, what he did to be great, it’s like being in a bubble of concentration that won’t let anything distracts you from what you are focus on doing or seeking to accomplish. Let me let you in on a secret, you can’t truly be a good person in NFL arena because of the image you are meant to portray to the masses, you are meant to go along with the indoctrination system (majority of people are sheep they just go along having no idea what they are going along with), if anyone who was wise (you have to be wise to do good) then tried to do good there would be consequences for those actions. It’s like there is an unknown contest going on in the world, it’s how smart can I look but know absolutely nothing about anything of real importance, the majority-masses. Researching what I research or seeking the truth trying to find answers to some big questions we should be asking and thinking about, could or would be a considered a distraction for a professional NFL player and it would create problems with any job associate with the NFL if you tried to express other views, like if you explained we don’t need charities with factually evidence to prove your point or prove they have cures for cancer right now that is being kept from the masses. That wouldn’t fit the image your meant to portray, I’m good NFL person because I support cancer research when they have a cure or I’m good NFL person because I support this or that charity when we shouldn’t be any charities. The only reason we have charity because the banking families who control the world want them. So if you play that I’m good NFL person while going along with a lie means you are either ignorant or demonic, I don’t care for either one but if you are nasty good football player that don’t play into that fake and phony crap, you are okay in my book. The occult means hidden and the masses are not being told the truth about anything basically, the truth is not just a little bit different then what majority think, it’s nothing like it all. Back to football and the offensive line, start using the two draft picks from last year and the five other veterans with NFL experience outside of Kelce and Peters. Then see what shakes out by cut time and what is left over from other teams with cuts and fill out the rest. If I was a head coach I would be careful of having coaches working for me that don’t have actual NFL experience, who haven’t seen firsthand the consequences of a head coach getting fired. Stoutland was part of the reason Chip Kelly got fired and so he never dealt with the consequences, I like coaches who know the consequences and had to move on after a head coach got fired; there is a better chance you will get their loyalty over the players when tough decisions need to be made. I don’t trust the hype I hear about him in the press conferences or the media, there could be other reasons for that, I trust what I see on the field. The Jury is still out on Pederson, I wonder if he has got the control or is he being controlled, sometimes you have to make unpopular decisions with letting coaches or players go. Kelce and Peters has got to go for the money that is needed for the defense right now and it’s better for the future too. Yes, I know you won’t find someone as talented as Peters and Kelce isn’t that bad either, maybe some will share a tear with Stoutland for losing his friends but it’s the right move to make at this time. The defense needs the money right now and there is no maybe about it.
Andy Reid was and is a good coach but he never proved his system could be a really good offense but for some reason it proved it could be a really good defense.
It’s just not a system that can win on offense alone or mostly offense it needs to be balanced out.
Right now it’s lopsided.
I believe if we address the defense now (like mentioned above) we could make a run in the playoffs.
Don’t expect Jim Schwartz to pull a magical act if he is not given any tools "iron sharpens iron”. He has got nothing to sharpen anything with right now, it’s RAW.
The offense should be good enough now to put some points on the board.
Truth knowledge and love is needed for all, Michael

Of course we need to take a WR somewhere(deep class).Alshon and Smith may be only here for a year.You have to think farther ahead than THIS year if you want to be a team who contends every year.Chip was a moron,Pederson was left with a disaster.Let's give the guy a chance to rebuild this team into something other than basement dwellers.Forget the playoffs.We're not ready for that.Lets get the young guys in here and get them some experience.maybe the following season you can talk about contending.We're not gonna fix it all this year,so get playoffs out of your head.BTW we need a RB as well because Rmat should go away(but your talking playoffs? HAHA)

The draft is the draft. I think you have to extract the best talent available. If more than one player has comparable talent; you can select positional need from within that level. Fixing holes with the draft is optimal as it's cheaper, but realistically not that many rookies will start. You can never look at enough free agents for need positions. After the draft they'll see what needs are still there and work the money they have left under the cap to get the best guys. They have options and those options will change almost daily until season starts.

In this mock; Marlon Humphrey, Alabama.

Christian McCaffrey HB Stanford or John Ross WR Washington State. Jim Schwartz is our new Square pusher in the coaching staff, so he'll get some circular holes in the 2nd, 3rd,5th, 6th and 7th. You don't just walk away from either the best HB or WR on the draft board. They are the next "Brian Westbrook" and "Desean Jackson"

Montgomery, Westbrook, McCoy, not one above the 3rd round. 1st Pick needs to be a CB. You can get a good running back 2nd thru 4th rounds. My top 5 is CB, DE, RB, CB, LB.

Mmmm, Honestly I'd rather we trade down a bit and nab McCaffrey in the first. I can't remember the many 3rd round or higher run backs that the eagles have drafted that've turned out for the better, [Westbrook], [Staley] being two successful picks over the many i've felt that i felt fell short , not counting the young ones we have right now. I mean the last time we took a chance on a RB before the third round was the 2nd round pick outta Pittsburgh [McCoy] and he's our franchise leading all-time rusher now i believe. i say we take a shot again and give [Wentz] another peice to work with along with [Sproles].

If the draft actually goes like this then it's a no-brainer - Marlon Humphrey. He'd be the BPA and the best CB - our biggest need. We can only hope this mock comes true. Don't pick McCaffrey or Cook here. Those guys are late 1st round picks at best and Mixon is better than both if you can look past the off-field issue.