Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Offense Building Toward Something Special

Genetic-freak writes, "Stop it with the get this guy in this round n that guy in the later round. That putting your wish/want above whats realistic..."

Well, I'm trying to be realistic.  But the fact is we don't know who Howie Roseman might trade or give up (such as very nearly Malcolm Jenkins recently), if he wants a player like Fournette or Foster badly enough, prior to the Eagles 14th pick.  Look at how we got Wentz last year.  Roseman is hard to predict.  I also find it very difficult to project what rounds players will go in, as that seems to change on a weekly basis.  For example, before the Combine, CBs Kevin King and Chidobe Awuzie were projected to go in rounds 3-4--where I thought they were a steal, and wrote as much.  Now, however, it appears they're expected to go in the round 1.   So, it's difficult to pin this stuff down.  Although I do think we can still try to separate players generally into early, middle and late round picks, & hope to have some degree of accuracy; which is what I was trying to do when I wrote that the Eagles should be able to draft CB Ashton Lampkin in later rounds.  I hope that's realistic, because the Eagles need CBs and he's one heck of a football player.  But who knows.  Maybe Lampkin will go in the middle rounds.

22 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

1 RB is enough i reckon. Using 2 picks on a RB is a waste of resources. No way who have that many RBs lined up as BPA when its time to pick.

I agree just saying I wouldn't be shocked if we ended up taking 2......