Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Offense Building Something Special

Alshon Jeffery is a soft-spoken man, but don’t think he’s bashful about his abilities. Put him on the basketball court and, "I’ll find a way to score the ball.” Throw him a pass and "I’m gonna catch it.” Jeffery believes in himself ...

View the full article

Knowing we like Tredavious White(who can be had late round 1) what would you do in this trade scenario? Trade firsts with Houston(we move down to pick 25) and pick up their 2nd and 4th(picks 57 and 130 respectively).That would give us 10 picks in this loaded draft

Knowing we like Tredavious White(who can be had late round 1) what would you do in this trade scenario? Trade firsts with Houston(we move down to pick 25) and pick up their 2nd and 4th(picks 57 and 130 respectively).That would give us 10 picks in this loaded draft

White will not be available late in round one, plus you seem to forget that another team has to WANT to trade with you and pay the price. Why would Houston want to give us their 2nd and 4th picks? If you ran Houston, would you want to do it...to get whom? Who's so valuable to them to give up their 2nd and 4th round picks? I'll answer that for you: NO ONE.

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

White will not be available late in round one, plus you seem to forget that another team has to WANT to trade with you and pay the price. Why would Houston want to give us their 2nd and 4th picks? If you ran Houston, would you want to do it...to get whom? Who's so valuable to them to give up their 2nd and 4th round picks? I'll answer that for you: NO ONE.

Have no clue who they value and moving up 11 spots gets them a nice draftee,so who are you to say they wouldn't do it? Just offering a scenario.yeah I know NOONE is available in round 1 lol

23 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

According to the draft trade table,they end up a few points ahead,but whatever

Adding a top WR will make a HUGE difference in this team. Wentz had no one to throw to last year and when someone was open, they often dropped the ball, or at least were unable to go and get it. Jeffrrey is a guy who can do that. Remember what a difference TO made in the Eagles' offense? Keeping the O on field will improve the D too. Three and outs just kill defenses.

I'm now excited to see what this offense is able to do next year. A legit play maker in Jeffrey, a deep threat in Smith and Wentz in his second year where you'd expect him to make his biggest leap forwards. Plus Lane back in the line to protect him, Warmack to bring some competition and a new RB in the draft! And that assumes we don't draft a WR at some point too. 

That's exciting for sure! Yes there's still work to be done. Yes Wentz needs to improve and his mechanics need to be a lot better at times. But he showed enough last year to make me think he can make a real step. He's going to have players around him who can go and make plays for him. Jeffrey is a guy he can throw the ball up to and watch as he comes down with it. 

It has the potential to be very very exciting and really really good too! Let's now see how it all players out.

I believe that this WR group will go down as the best group we ever had. Sad part? It's most likely going to be only for 1 season. There is a possibility next year that only Smith will be the WR left from this group. Matthews will be a FA, Agholor so far is a bust, Jeffery will demand Big Dollars, DGB won't make it here past camp, and all the others will either be released or on the PS.

If we were close to making a serious run, then i get it. There are too many holes in this team at the moment. This should be a very fun season for us fans. I really Hope they still stay on course and Draft a stud WR this year and Early. It will really stink if Carson goes into year 3 with his 3rd straight season with a new RB and WR corps. It's the complete opposite of building around your new franchise QB.

Adding a top WR will make a HUGE difference in this team. Wentz had no one to throw to last year and when someone was open, they often dropped the ball, or at least were unable to go and get it. Jeffrrey is a guy who can do that. Remember what a difference TO made in the Eagles' offense? Keeping the O on field will improve the D too. Three and outs just kill defenses.

T.O. turned a good Eagles team into a great Eagles team. Before Owens, we went to the NFCCG 3 straight years. T.O. put us in the SuperBowl. Big difference this time around. Right now we have 0 cbs, no feature RB, and we are coming off 2 straight 7-9 seasons. Though Jeffery will be a huge upgrade, no way can we compare him to the T.O. era.

Wentz is going into year 2 with no RB, or Starting WR from last year. McNabb was in year 5 and 3 straight play-off seasons. Big difference. Honestly, i would have rather built the offense from scratch. Draft players that will grow with Carson. As i said earlier, 2018 could actually be 3 straight seasons with new players at the key positions for Wentz.

Its going to be a fun season. But at what cost next year? I see 10 wins and a wild card spot hopefully. It would really be wrong to believe we are going to run the gauntlet this year. Can't wait until Howie is gone.