Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] What About The Defense In Offseason?

Happy St Patricks' Day! Figured Mills for the slot there Wrang. We need guys that can man up on an island, preferably guys who want to own the ball, not simply allow the catch and make a tackle. I want them to come in already playing that way, not the old "we'll teach them" approach, as buy that time their old habits are entrenched.

This team needs help everywhere but QB. Take best available player no matter what position it is.

Happy St Patricks' Day! Figured Mills for the slot there Wrang. We need guys that can man up on an island, preferably guys who want to own the ball, not simply allow the catch and make a tackle. I want them to come in already playing that way, not the old "we'll teach them" approach, as buy that time their old habits are entrenched.

I'm not saying yes or no to any of these professional opinions I posted. Just brought them over for interest sake. Who was playing the slot position last year during the Green Bay game? Whoever it was, I don't want that individual as my starter going forward.

Connor Barwin signs one year deal with the Rams for 6.5 million. Just in case no one saw that.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/03/is_eagles_howie_roseman_planning_another_big_trade.html#incart_river_index

WELL imo I like my move better.We need LOTS of players in here(and it works out on the trade chart) Move back to 25.Trade firsts with Houston and get their 2nd and 4th.Thiis would give us 10 picks in a very deep(other than Oline) draft.Still formidable players at 25 and we pick up pick 57 and 130 in addition to our other picks.This would give us 7 picks through round 4

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/03/is_eagles_howie_roseman_planning_another_big_trade.html#incart_river_index

Not saying the Eagles wouldn't do a deal like this however the typical running back they have relied on through the years has been a back like Cook. If they wanted Fournette it would be a break away from former consistencies like (McCoy, Montgomery, Westbrook, Watters and etc).

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Not saying the Eagles wouldn't do a deal like this however the typical running back they have relied on through the years has been a back like Cook. If they wanted Fournette it would be a break away from former consistencies like (McCoy, Montgomery, Westbrook, Watters and etc).

Did we win a SB with those guys? Maybe it's time to change the approach?

With you GB - stick or trade back. Personally I like the idea of trading back for McCaffery, putting him in slot and trading JMat for even more picks. In a draft loaded with positions at which we need starters, I'd rather have more picks and these moves maximize the picks.

I'm feeling RB McCaffrey at #14,  LB  T.J. Watt in the second round(especially if we end up trading LB Kendricks[for a 2nd]) and S Obi Melifonwu Conneticut from a Kendricks trade(personally I don't want to trade Kendricks).  This leaves 3rd, 4th rounds to get solid CBs and the remainder of the draft to get an edge rusher.   I think with Jenkins and Melifonwu in the middle of the field it will slow the running game of opposition.  Remember we have Ezekiel to face twice a year now.  But obviously we have WR's Bryant, OBJ, and now Pryor to face Twice a year as well. I'm still VERY curious about both last years DE pick McCallister and DE Marcus Smith III.  Why are we building this stock of Edge rushers and NOT getting play out of them?  So edge rusher is VERY secondary for me.  Now we have to look for DT depth with the release of a very capable DT Bennie Logan.  More to come...

Go Eagles!

DE should not be secondary MS2?? Really??? We lost Barwin who was not the best at that spot,but we still have to replace him and we can do that in round 3(Basham) or 4)Kpassagnon or even better BOTH

We also got Shittu and Vaeo at DT as well as Hamilton who we picked up(know little about him)

On 3/17/2017 at 1:35 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

Move back to pick 25(trade Houston firsts and pick up their 2nd and 4th) If not then take 1)White(CB)2)Conley(CB) 3)Basham(DE) 4) Kpassagonon(DE), but that extra 2nd and 4th would go a long way to fixing this team up

Why would Houston trade up? At least my trade back makes sense lol TB or Tenn they both need WR TB needs a RB as well and they could both go D but their needs fit the position Houston really doesn't. Houston is going to want a QB 1st or 2nd Rd more then likely I don't see them giving up both picks.

1 hour ago, cheezybeef said:

I'm feeling RB McCaffrey at #14,  LB  T.J. Watt in the second round(especially if we end up trading LB Kendricks[for a 2nd]) and S Obi Melifonwu Conneticut from a Kendricks trade(personally I don't want to trade Kendricks).  This leaves 3rd, 4th rounds to get solid CBs and the remainder of the draft to get an edge rusher.   I think with Jenkins and Melifonwu in the middle of the field it will slow the running game of opposition.  Remember we have Ezekiel to face twice a year now.  But obviously we have WR's Bryant, OBJ, and now Pryor to face Twice a year as well. I'm still VERY curious about both last years DE pick McCallister and DE Marcus Smith III.  Why are we building this stock of Edge rushers and NOT getting play out of them?  So edge rusher is VERY secondary for me.  Now we have to look for DT depth with the release of a very capable DT Bennie Logan.  More to come...

Go Eagles!

You think we can get a 2nd for Kendricks lmao if we got a 5th I would be shocked more likely he gets released with his contract.

On 3/17/2017 at 2:35 PM, GreenbleedinFL said:

Move back to pick 25(trade Houston firsts and pick up their 2nd and 4th) If not then take 1)White(CB)2)Conley(CB) 3)Basham(DE) 4) Kpassagonon(DE), but that extra 2nd and 4th would go a long way to fixing this team up

Why would Houston trade up? At least my trade back makes sense lol TB or Tenn they both need WR TB needs a RB as well and they could both go D but their needs fit the position Houston really doesn't.

2 hours ago, cheezybeef said:

Go Eagles!

You think we can get a 2nd for Kendricks lmao if we got a 5rh I would be shocked more likely he gets released with his contract.

Like they wouldnt want to have a nice QB to groom????

5 hours ago, 1wrangler said:
  6 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

LOL Yes maybe it is but when you think about it the Eagles would be changing the approach just by taking a RB in the first round no matter who that individual is.

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

LOL Yes maybe it is but when you think about it the Eagles would be changing the approach just by taking a RB in the first round no matter who that individual is.

I would be fine with waiting some.Like to get 2 if we do(like Perine and McGuire)

9 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:
  5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I would be fine with waiting some.Like to get 2 if we do(like Perine and McGuire)

And why I suggested a move back for more picks :)

Fournette is a dozer runs guys over,Cook can do everything,although he fumbles too often.Either of those and we'd be set at RB for awhile without having to cough up dough in the next few years

Fournette is a dozer runs guys over,Cook can do everything,although he fumbles too often.Either of those and we'd be set at RB for awhile without having to cough up dough in the next few years

So doing that would mean(in theory) we would have enough loot to re-sign Alshon and/or Smith(or both) to longer term contracts.So it's kinda like pick your poison lol

Have no clue if we would have to move up yo get one of those.Of course then you're giving up Davis/Williams to groom for the possibility of losing Alshon

I think we'd be fine taking 2 CB's in 2 and 3 because we're so bad anything would be an improvement lol