Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] What About The Defense In Offseason?

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

And you know that for a fact? WOW you're good!!

Look at the teams between us and them the only team that MIGHT be interested is Washington and that's only IF they trade Cousins. 

5 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  27 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  59 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:
  2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

ok so there are ZERO players they need to improve on? Must be nice!

Didn't say that. But right now they don't have a starting QB I expect them to take the best QB available at 25 not a late round guy to groom.

So they wouldnt trade up to 14 to get a better QB?

Can we just stay where we are at 14 take BPA or move up?? Why do we want to trade back for?? lol

To get more picks in a DEEP draft(other than Oline)

Its deep but that doesnt change the fact we could be passing on a top 2 at a position. Maybe even the top of the position.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Look at the teams between us and them the only team that MIGHT be interested is Washington and that's only IF they trade Cousins. 

whatever,not possible in any way,so forget any opinion I put out

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Don't follow Houston-have no clue what their team needs are so forget I mentioned it

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Don't follow Houston-have no clue what their team needs are so forget I mentioned it

How do you do mock drafts without knowing other team needs?

5 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

GBFL Okay, Lets make pick 14 a little easier to predict. All we need to do is come up with 14 guys that the Eagles feel are worthy of the pick minus any QB's or Safeties. I will start it off with the guys that I believe are worthy of the 14th pick in no specific order. 1.CB Lattimore, 2. TE O.J. Howard 3. DE Derek Barnett 4. WR Corey Davis 5. WR Williams 6. RB Cook 7. RB Fournette 8. LB Rueben Foster 9. DE Myles Garrett 10. OT Ramczyk

You left off those huge Bama guys. You have to add DT Jonathan Allen,CB Humphrey(corner it all depends on who your boy is...I like Tankersley),DE Solomon Thomas, OT Cam Robinson has to be heavily considered and then McCaffrey. I wouldn't rule out S personally. Two guys that are clearly on the top 14 I'd say.  I know it isn't the team need but both are big time S.

So I read that Chase wanted his release because they wanted Foles. That's the opposite of how I thought it went down. I thought Chase wanted a better opportunity to start(at least compete). So that's why they moved on Foles...after. Anyone else with Intel on the timeline(intentions)?

So I read that Chase wanted his release because they wanted Foles. That's the opposite of how I thought it went down. I thought Chase wanted a better opportunity to start(at least compete). So that's why they moved on Foles...after. Anyone else with Intel on the timeline(intentions)?

Heard he wanted to start or believed he was starter material. Now hes meeting with the Saints. Hmm dont think you'll be starting there..

Nick Foles QB, Philadelphia Eagles. Contract: Two years, $11 million with $7 million guaranteed. The Eagles went after Foles despite having their franchise quarterback in Carson Wentz, the No. 2 overall pick in 2016, and one of the league's most expensive backups in Chase Daniel, who signed a three-year, $21 million deal a season ago. The move prompted Daniel to ask for his release, and the Eagles now have a dead money hit of $7 million in 2017. Foles doesn't seem to have made the team significantly better, if at all, and the $7 million guaranteed to him over the two years of the deal is a hefty---BGNation states

7 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Heard he wanted to start or believed he was starter material. Now hes meeting with the Saints. Hmm dont think you'll be starting there..

I liked that guy Garrett Grayson they got from Colo St

Are the Saints contemplating life after Drew Bree's?

10 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Yeah i thought he was good too Grayson. Sounds like he not improving at the rate they wanted him at by now or not confident enough in him to backup or take over long term.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Are the Saints contemplating life after Drew Bree's?

IMO they have to be 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

How do you do mock drafts without knowing other team needs?

Cause I know what we need

I was thinking the opposite there Freak. That Chase was wanted because Peyton was ready to turn the reins over to Grayson. So bring in that vet backup for all the many reasons(Unseasoned and unproven young player...). ------If it was time to move on from Brees.

I was thinking the opposite there Freak. That Chase was wanted because Peyton was ready to turn the reins over to Grayson. So bring in that vet backup for all the many reasons(Unseasoned and unproven young player...). ------If it was time to move on from Brees.

Oh was just something i read when the Chase meeting with Saints news came out. As something about Grayson in it too.

Did Chase and his agent talk him up so much that he believed he was starter material? He was getting good coin here as backup. Hit FA and no one biting for him as a starter.

12 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  12 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  13 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  13 hours ago, downwithdallas said:
  15 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Didn't say that. But right now they don't have a starting QB I expect them to take the best QB available at 25 not a late round guy to groom.

Can we just stay where we are at 14 take BPA or move up?? Why do we want to trade back for?? lol

Its deep but that doesnt change the fact we could be passing on a top 2 at a position. Maybe even the top of the position.

Well, it does not seem to bother NE or GB who never pick in the top 20. It is a matter of grading the talent. If done right, we will not make any M Smith picks. We will do fine. It is when we pick a 3rd or 4th round talent in the first that screws us up.

Looks like Cook is moving into the 2nd round on many team's draft boards. He has so many arrests as a teenager I doubt anyone will touch him in the first round. I do not want him on my team.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/03/06/nfl-draft-rumors-dalvin-cook-sparq-fall/

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/03/nfl_draft_2017_christian_mccaffrey_ahead_of_dalvin.html

16 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

GBFL Okay, Lets make pick 14 a little easier to predict. All we need to do is come up with 14 guys that the Eagles feel are worthy of the pick minus any QB's or Safeties. I will start it off with the guys that I believe are worthy of the 14th pick in no specific order. 1.CB Lattimore, 2. TE O.J. Howard 3. DE Derek Barnett 4. WR Corey Davis 5. WR Williams 6. RB Cook 7. RB Fournette 8. LB Rueben Foster 9. DE Myles Garrett 10. OT Ramczyk

You left off those huge Bama guys. You have to add DT Jonathan Allen,CB Humphrey(corner it all depends on who your boy is...I like Tankersley),DE Solomon Thomas, OT Cam Robinson has to be heavily considered and then McCaffrey. I wouldn't rule out S personally. Two guys that are clearly on the top 14 I'd say.  I know it isn't the team need but both are big time S.

Ham, I left off some of the guys you mentioned because I don't see them as pick 14 material. I wouldn't take a DT with the 14th pick. To me that is like taking an offensive guard at 14. Just don't see the value in it. I don't have Cam Robinson rated that high either. Some may! I also think McCaffery and Tankersley are not 14 picks. You may have convinced me on Solomon however. I don't even see Humphrey as a 14 pick anymore. Those 10 picks at 14 that I chose are just my picks and how I see the draft and talent. Everyone has their opinions but I would take any one of the 10 players I have listed and be satisfied in round one.

Wrang, You are entitled to your opinions and I understand your stance. However, you also have to realize that these CB's are far and above last year's class. For example, Eli Apple would not have been chosen before the 3rd round had he been in this draft, yet he was taken by the Giants in the first last year. He should turn out OK, but he was no Humphrey. Not even close to the Ball Skills.... So my opinion is that there are 4-5 CB's I would take in round 1, all much better than anyone taken last year. Of course Sidney Jones getting hurt did not help... I also do not want a RB in round one, Especially Cook. Again my opinion. neither of our opinions are probably correct though lol

Wrang, You are entitled to your opinions and I understand your stance. However, you also have to realize that these CB's are far and above last year's class. For example, Eli Apple would not have been chosen before the 3rd round had he been in this draft, yet he was taken by the Giants in the first last year. He should turn out OK, but he was no Humphrey. Not even close to the Ball Skills.... So my opinion is that there are 4-5 CB's I would take in round 1, all much better than anyone taken last year. Of course Sidney Jones getting hurt did not help... I also do not want a RB in round one, Especially Cook. Again my opinion. neither of our opinions are probably correct though lol

Yeah opinions are like you know what. Everyone has one. LOL If Sydney Jones wasn't hurt, I would have dropped OT Ramczyk from my top ten list and inserted him. I feel sorry for the kid. Yes I know that we need CB's but when I stack them up to other position players in the draft at pick 14, I don't see the higher value in them over the other position players. Before Jones got hurt, I had two CB's rated at good value at pick 14. One was Jones and the other was Lattimore. Now I only have one remaining. I just don't believe in reaching for the 3rd or 4th best CB in the draft at pick 14 when you could have the best player in another position if that person is available to draft.

14 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  15 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:
  16 hours ago, downwithdallas said:
  17 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well, it does not seem to bother NE or GB who never pick in the top 20. It is a matter of grading the talent. If done right, we will not make any M Smith picks. We will do fine. It is when we pick a 3rd or 4th round talent in the first that screws us up.

Nice you name 2 teams with HOF QBs lol Those teams are already SB champs with their current QBs. Are we Stine?? Come on at least choose a team more of a comparison