Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] 10 Players To Keep An Eye On In 2017

Maybe he just didn't like it here or he felt it was a better opportunity. He's gone, liked him, wish him the best except if he ever faces us! Interesting stat just now - only 1 RB drafted in the 1st rd out of all 12 of last years' playoff teams.

Will find out from the surgeon next week, but it sounds like I'll have time to go over the needs of all the teams picking before us and get a better idea of who may be available to us at 14. Then Howie and Joe will change all of that! Just get the draft here already!

Wow, w/ Barner heading out, does this put more credence into trading back "a little" for McCaffery and trading JMat?

Wow, w/ Barner heading out, does this put more credence into trading back "a little" for McCaffery and trading JMat?

Why? Barner was what 4th string?? lol

Have you looked at the RB depth chart lately? Barner wasn't used properly and imho he'll do better in an O who will.

Have you looked at the RB depth chart lately? Barner wasn't used properly and imho he'll do better in an O who will.

Yeah ive looked? Im not going to worry about a 4th string RB. Hey maybe 3rd team lucky for him. Not like Chargers are known for their RBs apart from LT. Maybe he can compete for Woodhead spot he left vacant.

everyone keeps talking RB ? what are the possibilities with Marshall or Watson? never really been tested.

Marshall i could see take over Sproles role when he retires. 3rd down back. Has light feet good hands. Has done KR duties before not sure about PR.

Watson is your big boy bruiser. Role player.

Rosie was a moron to offer Bennie in double digit millions land multi year contract. Just when I think he is doing some good things then boom another dope attempt at blowing all our cap room story comes out. Cox has been the focus of offenses. Graham demanded attention as well. So Bennie always had one guy to beat. Five and a half sacks. That's pathetic. That sure isn't production. All in an incredibly favorable position. He's been a shell of what we got out of undrafted Thornton. Good riddance. It seems like Bennie saved Rosie from his own hangman.

Rosie was a moron to offer Bennie in double digit millions land multi year contract. Just when I think he is doing some good things then boom another dope attempt at blowing all our cap room story comes out. Cox has been the focus of offenses. Graham demanded attention as well. So Bennie always had one guy to beat. Five and a half sacks. That's pathetic. That sure isn't production. All in an incredibly favorable position. He's been a shell of what we got out of undrafted Thornton. Good riddance. It seems like Bennie saved Rosie from his own hangman.

Dont worry good thing he turned it down coz i dont think we get Jeffery if he did sign. So hey hes a Chief now we can focus on other things.

Some say well he's good against the run. Yeah, he was decent against the run. 17th best run stopping interior lineman. That's decent. Not spectacular for a weak pass rusher though. And I have a bone to pick with his run D. He was only good versus a single blocker. Double teams he never held his ground. He seemed to love the scrap in the trenches. I liked that about him. Overrated all the way!

I thought Barner was a good compliment back. 4.8 yards a carry. 8.4 yards a reception. Barely used but got us 13 first downs on 32 touches with 2 TDs. Seemed like he made the most of his opportunities.

9 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Me too Freak! I def can't foresee if it'll turn out this way…but my gut's telling me that Warmack will earn LG starter and that Seumalo might steal C from Kelce. This isn't about what I'm hoping for or want,just a hunch. What I'm hoping for is a dominant line no matter what & that we have a great Run game to scare Safety up in box and allow Torrey,Alshon,& rest of WR's/TE's to do max damage as possible.

9 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Bennie turned down what looks to be 10mil range per year pay day?? Thats his choice. Looks like players really overvalued themselves this offseason.

Players are gettin too dang greedy. They see a guy at the same position get a smash contract & feel that they deserve the same and seems like players (some,not all) keep wanting to leapfrog the other,playin 'keeping up with the Jones's'.

9 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Maybe he just didn't like it here or he felt it was a better opportunity. He's gone, liked him, wish him the best except if he ever faces us! Interesting stat just now - only 1 RB drafted in the 1st rd out of all 12 of last years' playoff teams.

Will find out from the surgeon next week, but it sounds like I'll have time to go over the needs of all the teams picking before us and get a better idea of who may be available to us at 14. Then Howie and Joe will change all of that! Just get the draft here already!

I hear ya. Is it April 27th yet? Can't wait to see what Santa brings us,tired of all the speculating.

9 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Wow, w/ Barner heading out, does this put more credence into trading back "a little" for McCaffrey and trading J.Matt?

I'd love to have McCaffrey but I feel that with the addition of Torrey & Alshon that J.Matt will be more effective given the chemistry he has built with Wentz and not feel like he has to carry the WR's. I wouldn't be upset if they take McCaff in the 1st with him being so versatile. This O could use a guy that can be moved all over the formation putting pressure on D's with the match up. He could end up being Sproles' replacement. But if Barnett or another talented pass rusher is there I have a gut feeling that'll be the 1st pick with the RB's & CB's being so deep.

15 hours ago, stine said:

No running back was drafted in the first round the last 20 years with as bad a performance as Cook had at the combine. Fournette almost had the same 40 time and weights 30 more pounds! Cooks Vertical of less than 10 feet and 3 cone drill of 7.27 is terrible..... I know I am in the minority here but do not want them to spend a first round pick on Cook....

No RB outside of the top 10% percentile.

No RB period. You could jump higher than he did. Maybe he did not care.....

Always figured Warmack @ LG, it's his best spot and as this isn't his 1st contract surely he worked that out before coming here. Going to be a fun camp for the spot for a change. Having a solid OL for a change will help Wents and the rest of the O, gotta give the D some love.

Funny Story, My brother was playing Right D-Tackle in HS. He was playing real well. One Practice the D-Coach asked him to switch to Left for a few plays. He did terrible, to the point the coach yells "Tine, what the He!! is a matter with you!" My brother replies, "Coach, I am legally blind in my right eye." With that the Coach tells him to move over to the Right Tackle...... Sometimes a player is best suited for a specific position, for many reasons.

The Philadelphia Eagles are scouting every position possible heading into next month's NFL Draft, even the deepest unit on the roster.

According to Tony Pauline of NFL Draft Analyst, the Eagles were at Toledo's Pro Day Monday to scout tight end Michael Roberts. Philadelphia will hold a workout with Roberts in the coming days, along with the Arizona Cardinals and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Roberts was a force in the red zone for Toledo last season, scoring 16 touchdowns (sixth-most in the FBS) en route to All-MAC First Team honors. He had 45 catches for 533 yards.

The Philadelphia Eagles are scouting every position possible heading into next month's NFL Draft, even the deepest unit on the roster.

According to Tony Pauline of NFL Draft Analyst, the Eagles were at Toledo's Pro Day Monday to scout tight end Michael Roberts. Philadelphia will hold a workout with Roberts in the coming days, along with the Arizona Cardinals and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Roberts was a force in the red zone for Toledo last season, scoring 16 touchdowns (sixth-most in the FBS) en route to All-MAC First Team honors. He had 45 catches for 533 yards.

You don't think every team does the same thing?

I hope we looked at Hunt while we were there lol

11 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Wow, w/ Barner heading out, does this put more credence into trading back "a little" for McCaffrey and trading J.Matt?

I'd love to have McCaffrey but I feel that with the addition of Torrey & Alshon that J.Matt will be more effective given the chemistry he has built with Wentz and not feel like he has to carry the WR's. I wouldn't be upset if they take McCaff in the 1st with him being so versatile. This O could use a guy that can be moved all over the formation putting pressure on D's with the match up. He could end up being Sproles' replacement. But if Barnett or another talented pass rusher is there I have a gut feeling that'll be the 1st pick with the RB's & CB's being so deep.

If I could only upgrade three of these four areas: CB, DE, LB, RB.....running back would be last. It's the least worrisome position.

everyone keeps talking RB ? what are the possibilities with Marshall or Watson? never really been tested.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct! Those two, and Smallwood, had better college careers than any RB in this draft. Also, the running game was pretty good (11th ranked; 4.1yds/carry), especially considering the lack of cohesion on the OL (no LJ for 10 games and two rookies playing more than you'd want them to because of missed games by two other starters) and the fact defenses didn't need to respect our downfield passing game.

It's sad we need so much that we could give up guys like Corey Davis.Only RB I would take in 1 is Fournette.There are other nice RB's that can be had later.if Fournette is gone then I think we go CB because we will need that guy to START

2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

If I could only upgrade three of these four areas: CB, DE, LB, RB.....running back would be last. It's the least worrisome position.

Why? you're not gonna pass on 3rd and 2 all the time? IMO LB is the least worrisome